Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yarr/Tuf

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 17:19
Stay on topic and do not troll this thread. I will simply remove the posts and if it continues, ban the person who continues to do both.

Carry on.

Rikoo

Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Curmudgeon View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curmudgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 17:26
Personally I can't see any trolling.

AJ is welcome to ask Agalloch to label him as a non-combatant and I'm sure (though I do not speak for Yarr! leadership), that such a request would be considered.

Ohh, wait, Aga already said there would be no non-combatants in this war and forgot to tell his alliance that.
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 17:54
Originally posted by Curmudgeon Curmudgeon wrote:

Personally I can't see any trolling.

That's because I am doing my job. :)

Rikoo

Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 17:59
AJ, you're obviously free to believe that I'm way off-base in my opinions. We'll let the gaming community decide based on what they've witnessed over the past 7 months in the SIN v. Unbow war, as well as wars past where smaller alliances such as ~NC~ have managed to successfully fight larger alliances. Again, I cannot imagine that your leader Agalloch would agree with what you're saying, given that he is indeed a student of Illy warfare and knows that superior sov, strategy, tactical superiority, and execution are all potentially equalizers. 

Agalloch knows what he is doing -- why don't you give him the benefit of the doubt?

Agalloch View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agalloch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 18:27
My alliance knows to roll with the punches, AJ is still learning ...   FYI maybe you guys can inform your members you declared war also so they ll stop messaging us and asking why we have attacks otw.
Solanar View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solanar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 18:36
Gwen and Dante Val had an incident over harvesting. Gwen apparently expressed her viewpoints aggressively. I don't know what was said. I don't know that this is the reason, but Dante Val has been uncharacteristically silent in AC for days since. I was not approached directly by Tuf over the incident.

Curm and Dsasa's sitter had an altercation. Curm acted aggressively - my understanding is that he had identified an inactive and sold the intel somehow, then after accepting the money, a Dsasa siege landed a few days later, and he cleared the siege from the town. Given the history, Aga threatened to newb ring Curm over it, assuming it was an intentional provocation. It may have been, or it could have been the rum. Curm and I share a love of the drink. I was not approached directly by Tuf about the incident.

There was another recent incident with one of our allies and ajqtrz. I am not up on the details, but had dozens of IGMs forwarded to me about it, and a request to be prepared should the issue escalate. I suppose this could be considered escalation by me.

Reports from various sources indicated that Aga was aware of and in support of Dsasa's attack on Yarr. Aga has denied it. I was not provided chat logs as evidence, so no reason to favor one report over another, except that I had 3 different sources saying they had the intel from (a) Tuf member(s).

Various chatlogs and IGM threads have been forwarded to me, some with anti-LC plots and plans that didn't mention Yarr specifically, and others with disparaging remarks made about Yarr and about former Death. Every time, based on the portions sent to me, it looked like Aga was ready to go to war at the drop of a hat.

I haven't the time or inclination to dig them all up. I think my reputation will be sufficient for most people that I am not going to war for no reason. 

At the end of the day, it provides a shadow hanging over the alliance. My free time has already been reduced, and will be reduced further once I start my new position, and it seemed incumbent on me to deal with this now, rather than risking the escalation coming after we had burned troops in Koda's tourney, or after my play time reduced to a point where I was unable to deal with any in game issues in a timely fashion.

But it's a general attitude that Tuf (as embodied by Aga) and the general membership within Yarr both seem eager to resolve disputes in a military fashion. So far Aga has calmed down after the fact, and so far my membership accepts my word when I say issues are resolved. I can't count on either continuing forever.

I have put a lot of effort into trying to dissolve the lines between our merged alliances. Yarr, Hansa, Shu-Han, The Librarians, and Death - I want everyone to just be Pirates and not internally separate themselves based on prior alliances. A limited number of people within the alliance are less able to let the past go. Quite a number of others, based on reactions as much as statements made, don't seem able to see the difference.

We had an incident early on where someone interacted with me based on who Hansa was - and I responded by daring them to go to war. 

Cheers,
RanaloSolanaR

Edited by Solanar - 04 May 2016 at 19:05
Solanar View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solanar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 19:11
As far as dog piles go - we are not attacking Tuf *with* DLord. We are not attacking Tuf *because* DLord is attacking. It's more that we are attacking *in spite of* the existing conflict.

Belegar has a good intel system. He contacted me (very) shortly before the war dec to ask me to wait, to not start anything until they were done. Given my personal circumstances out of game, I did not feel that I could delay.

It doesn't change anything functionally, but it was not my wish to pile on. My time lines are simply not that flexible. 
KarL Aegis View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarL Aegis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 19:24
You're missing a few things:

Jax making a private conversation between Jax and Dsasa public.

Recruiting members directly from The Unfettered roster.

Negotiating a confederation with Deathmongers during the Deathmongers vs The Unfettered and The Unrepentant Incident.

Sending at least one member to participate in the Deathmongers vs The Unfettered and The Unrepentant Incident.

Having moles in The Unfettered for a sizable amount of time.

You completely ignored the Treaty of Tuna after the Deathmongers vs The Unfettered and The Unrepentant Incident, adding a "grandfather clause" specifically for The Unfettered and The Unrepentant cities, granting them an exemption to the Deathmongers land claim if they had been within the land claim at the time of its formation. This included the right to harvest materials more than three squares away from the city, something those cities had not been able to do beforehand.

You gave Dwarvern Lords a highly edited transcript of an alliance chat log (something that shouldn't be available to the public) that did not even resemble the actual chat log.

At this point, this cannot even be considered a war between two different alliances. So much of your alliance is composed of our former members this is a civil war.

I can't wait for you to drag more of your confederates into this mess.
I am not amused.
Solanar View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solanar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 20:16
As always Karl, your statements are related to the truth, while missing the point entirely. 

No confed with Death during your incident was negotiated. Rygar (the then leader of Death) sent the confed offer without talking to me about it, and it was not accepted during the hostilities.

The member who went "from Yarr" to Death during the incident was actually a Shu-Han member who was in Yarr temporarily for our war of walls with RE. The merger with Shu-Han happened nearly a month after the incident was over.

I have no moles. I've spent a large portion of my illy career offering advice and help to players in GC, and so people sometimes tell me about things they think I will find useful. 

I have no knowledge of the "treaty of tuna" so I don't imagine that can be called "ignoring."

etc ad nauseam 

Edited by Solanar - 04 May 2016 at 20:31
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 20:59

Edited by demdigs - 04 May 2016 at 21:52
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic