Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yarr/Tuf

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Solanar View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solanar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yarr/Tuf
    Posted: 04 May 2016 at 01:01
So here we are. I don't know how anyone else feels about it, but I am expecting a lot of fun.

I could give a dozen reasons, but individually each has already been resolved. What we end with, is that in the 6 months of YARR! nearly every time we've been expecting hostile action, it was Tuf on the other side. Having an LC alliance and an anti-LC alliance sharing Pawa just isn't working. The history between Death and Tuf was not able to be erased with a new ticker and new leadership. There are large personalities on both sides of this, and every time there is conflict we have people on both sides threatening or calling for war. 

It appears to be inevitable. 

I'm not good at plotting. We've had less than a day between the decision to go to war and the dec. 

See you in illy.

Edited by Solanar - 04 May 2016 at 01:16
Bill Cipher View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 01:19
Good luck to both alliances...
d-a-r-o-r-w-o pb wlph kdv frph wr exuq. l lqyrnh wkh dqflhqw srzhu wkdw l pdb uhwxuq
Agalloch View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agalloch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 02:13
Blah blah blah 
KarL Aegis View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarL Aegis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 04:12
My victory is inevitable.
I am not amused.
ajqtrz View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajqtrz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 05:26
Solanar,

What, exactly, is meant by "isn't working?" when you speak of both sides being in Pawa?  Have there been skirmishes?  Have TUF members been sending diplos at Yarr members in Pawa?  Are we harvesting where where you don't wish us to do so?  What, exactly, isn't working?

Making a claim means you have evidence.  You say that "in the 6 months of YARR! nearly every time we've been expecting hostile action it was TUF on the other side" but why were you expecting hostile action?  Has TUF done things indicating they were about to attack?  Have they said things to that end?  If so, give me your evidence and let's sort this out.  Perhaps somebody just wants you to think TUF is  to get you and you are being manipulated.  I'm pretty high in the pecking order of TUF and I can assure you that nobody is speaking of attacking your or has in the last three months I've been there.  And I have access to EVERY discussion forum and chat we use. 

So from where are you drawing your evidence?  

You say you could give a dozen reasons but that everyone has been resolved.  Isn't that the definition of "getting along?" 

So let's be a bit rational here and you give me your evidence and I'll present mine, lest we enter into a war needlessly.

AJ
viperone View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viperone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 07:01
If this was about Pawa, then why have 3 of your Pawa members just dropped out of your alliance?
There is no LC in Pawa: and Curm and Muad razed Krato's (.mongo) for lying about that in the forum posts (refer to Curmudgeon's post last month ordering Krato's out of Pawa).
Seems Illy is full of lies and ghost troops.  Also appears that YARR is a pawn for Elgea influences.  Be that as it may the game goes forward and many a great alliance have been born from the ashes of defeat.  Perhaps the best example of that is SIN.  So since truth is lacking lets play>

Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gragnog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 09:28
My understanding is that SIN rose not from the ashes but from a mixture of superior players from past defeated alliances, past victorious alliances, and excellent new players. Step up to the plate, face your enemy with courage, never whine in the forums, and you guys might earn some respect. Tuf wanted a fight and now they have it. Remember it is not the overwhelming size of your enemy that counts, but how you totally out play and crush them that does. Look at Shark/ VIC/ Unibrow as an example.
Kaggen is my human half
Urian View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 12:57
The evidence is TUF towns in YARR! territory.
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 13:02
I second what Grag said. It isn't impossible for smaller alliances like TUF to punch above their weight class in Illyriad, because such a big part of warfare is sovereignty (and being able to replenish troop loss quickly). Many big alliances have glimmering legendary cities and sov 5, but it's all about food and big population. If you look at the map, TUF seems like they have clusters of cities with good sov, and I think that for them it's a big equalizer. If they can execute on good battle planning, then it can be a good fight. If not, then it's going to be a mess.

ajqtrz View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajqtrz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 14:21
Jejune, you forget that, ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, the bigger alliance wins.  Are you trying to suggest that Yarr isn't as well run an organization as TUF, and that by simply "out general-ing" them they can be easily defeated?  Do you really think a big alliance got that way be being stupid and not having the ability to fight well?  Which of the top 10 alliances would you put in the category of being inexperienced or incapable of defending themselves well? Or attacking well?  The problem is you assume that there are superior techniques of warfare in Illy that somehow the big alliances have missed and that we, a small one, can use against them.  Do send me an IGM with a list of those secret techniques as I could use them now.

As for whining, it's not whining to ask for the reasons for the attacks.  It's the first step on the road to a diplomatic resolution.  So what, exactly, has TUF DONE to provoke this attack?  One player says we are in "Yarr's" territory.  The last I read it was concluded that the territory is NOT Yarr's and that they have no formal claim to it.  Of course there are some bitter ex-DEATH member who may disagree, but when did DEATH take over Yarr?  Another memo I didn't receive, I guess.

In my opinion it's that some of the Yarr members (a small minority no doubt) got their little feelings hurt a few months ago and don't have the stomach to re-form their own alliance and stand on their own two feet.  So they hide in the folds of a bigger alliance and provoke them to attack without cause or need.  Some people are just too good at playing others for a fool and getting them to do the work they are too scared and unable to do themselves.

AJ

Edited by ajqtrz - 04 May 2016 at 14:22
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic