illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhy are we fighting?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
Author
Halcyon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why are we fighting?
    Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 03:46

Why are we fighting?

Because ever since the Consone-Coalition war, in which Dark was a part of The Coalition, some Coalition alliances, especially Night Crusaders, have been aggressively targeting weaker alliances with the full knowledge that these alliances will most probably not be supported by their allies due to fear of The Coalition. Under this atmosphere of intimidation, Night Crusaders were allowed to act unimpeded against one unsupported alliance after another. It began with Insanity inc. (some would say with Steel, but this was before the Consone-Coalition war), proceeded with Bane and now continues with Celtic Knights. When NC got in trouble against Bane, members of another Coalition alliance, Trivium were brought in to finish the job. With Bane surrendering, NC went directly for the next target in a seemingly never ending list: Celtic Knights. This is the point that some alliances, including Dark, said enough and some began to fight against NC and Trivium when the last came again to NC's aid (mind you, without declaring war).

Why is Harmless? involved in this war? Because Harmless directors have never shown any inclination to try and restrain NC's aggression, but exactly the opposite, always informed that NC will ultimately be supported by the entire Coalition, never mind whatever they do.

Harmless? leaders are now trying to convince the community that this war is about revenge. They can't rightfully claim so of Crows, Shade, Soon and especially of Dark who was their ally until recently, but slowly drifted apart due to H?'s continuous support of NC aggression. All of us just had enough and this is why we are fighting.

Make no mistake. This is not a war of revenge. This is a war between those who support NC aggression and those who have finally stood up to attempt and make an end to it. This war will define the future of Illyriad. Either it will restore some kind of balance, or it will end with all those who are not H?'s henchmen living in continuous fear of being the next victim of NC and their allies.

We call upon all the free people of Elgea to join us against oppression.

We are making a stand.

Come stand with us.

Come now.

Sisren View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 03:54
Hal,
What happened the first time Dark took a stand against NC?  Do you actually know?  H? did not try to restrain them that first time.

I do know.  I know who helped bring it to a rather swift end.  It was not you, it was not myself, it was not the previous leader of Dark...  hum, I wonder who helped with the quick resolution...

Are you not just still a little butt-sore over the 2nd time you stood against NC?  Let's be honest...

EE wanted a war of revenge against H?.  They said Dark was with them, as well as vCrow, Shade and Soon.  Yet, here we are...

Regards, Your friend
Sisren

PS - whoever is, please do keep casting blights at me...  you are barely destroying resources, yet wasting so much mana...
tansiraine View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 04:01
OK.. So you are saying that H? has control over other alliances.. and their members?  So to deal with Alliance A (NC) you attack alliance B(H?).  I am trying to understand the train of thought where that makes sense... Now if all ya all declared on Alliance A (NC) and Alliance B ( H?) joined in and declared on all of you  that it a totally different point.  So again the reasoning behind it seems like it is a rationalization after the fact not the true reasons for the declarations.
Halcyon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 04:12
H? declared on EE that was fighting TVM, who for me is NC's reserve alliance.
We can't allow H? to break us apart by going only for those you select for punishment. We are in this together.
Halcyon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 04:14
Originally posted by Sisren Sisren wrote:

Hal,
What happened the first time Dark took a stand against NC?  Do you actually know?  H? did not try to restrain them that first time.

I do know.  I know who helped bring it to a rather swift end.  It was not you, it was not myself, it was not the previous leader of Dark...  hum, I wonder who helped with the quick resolution...

Are you not just still a little butt-sore over the 2nd time you stood against NC?  Let's be honest...

EE wanted a war of revenge against H?.  They said Dark was with them, as well as vCrow, Shade and Soon.  Yet, here we are...

Regards, Your friend
Sisren

PS - whoever is, please do keep casting blights at me...  you are barely destroying resources, yet wasting so much mana...

The NC-Steel-Dark war is a very old story and Dark fought along side NC after this war. This is not the issue. The issue is NC's aggression since the end of The Consone-Coalition war and the full support they always got from H?
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 04:20
Originally posted by tansiraine tansiraine wrote:

OK.. So you are saying that H? has control over other alliances.. and their members?  So to deal with Alliance A (NC) you attack alliance B(H?).  I am trying to understand the train of thought where that makes sense... Now if all ya all declared on Alliance A (NC) and Alliance B ( H?) joined in and declared on all of you  that it a totally different point.  So again the reasoning behind it seems like it is a rationalization after the fact not the true reasons for the declarations.

That is pretty much exactly what happened.  

Well said, and best of luck in your wars.  
Sisren View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 04:23
the point is... inaction does not mean support.  they didn't step in then when asked about it.  at the time NC only had 10 people, 1/2 what they are now.  steel was much larger then, long before the aesir merge.

my experience before leaving dark-wot was that h? was never about policing the server.
they did take exception when it looked like 5 alliances vs 1.  they did like to at least have appearances of a fair fight.

they did not like bullying.

what I saw then, is still what I see now.
maybe i am blind...  or drunk...  it doesn't matter. 

there's a road with some forks ahead.  lead on courageously.

I won't reply further, i've had my say.

I do wonder however, where is your Confed, or even NAP with EE?  humma

hasta amigo.
Sis

Edited by Sisren - 31 Oct 2013 at 04:31
tansiraine View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 04:23
Umm Hal based on EE diplo page you have no confed or nap with them... so is this just another rationalization for your behavior?
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 04:26
Originally posted by Halcyon Halcyon wrote:

Why are we fighting?

Because you declared war.  Seems self evident doesn't it?
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 04:45
Originally posted by tansiraine tansiraine wrote:

Umm Hal based on EE diplo page you have no confed or nap with them... so is this just another rationalization for your behavior?

And Harmless?, of all alliances, is in a position to criticize people for having undeclared alliances?  I believe the last time you guys declared war based on a silent confederation was last week.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
  Share Topic