FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What do you play Illy on?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you play Illy on?
    Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 21:48
Do you play Illyriad on a gaming rig like I do? Do you also play on an 8" tablet like I do? Let us know... I want to get a fresh grasp on how our players log in, conquer and chat. Also, if you are on something unusual like a small phone, let me know the issues you have with it!

GM Rikoo
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
bansisdead View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bansisdead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 21:52
My home PC, I could do with a new graphics card :)
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 22:29
I play on the kindle 4.1.1 most of the time. It work ok if you only want to build you city (cant upgrade wall). Typing is slow but I make do. You can do the map but it may kick you out of the game alot. The kindle work for me but it will most like not work for most people. IGM ok on the kindle you just can't change font, size or anything like that because of how the kindle is set up. The kindle is great for people that likes to chat and send Res to newbies. But if you like to kill NPCs you would have to do it with out equiping stuff to your normal unit. There are places you can't goto without having a hard time like map, editing alliance members. When I'm on the kindle and I want to goto my alliance's page I have click the alliance thing and than change cities so it will goto the alliance's page. 

Edited by kodabear - 11 Apr 2014 at 00:10
The Duke View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 22:34
As an illy addict I play illy on everything. Mainly my laptop cause its the easiest. On my smartphone it is impossible to chat in GC and AC, when you zoom in the chat bars disappear. You also cant send igm's because it doesnt load correctly. Leaving part of the script in the message and never actually sending. Ive also logged onto illy through my Xbox live browser and experienced similar issues with the chat and mail functions. Logging in through the computer seems rather seamless though and Ive not experienced much trouble. I play through Chrome most the time and firefox on rare occasions. :) Hope this helps 
Oh and playing on a tablet also makes it very hard to view the world/strategic map. Same for the phone. Initially I thought this was to to the data it had to get through but i had same issue through the tablet. 

Edited by The Duke - 10 Apr 2014 at 22:36
"Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives."
Diomedes View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diomedes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 00:09
I play Illy on my Gaming desktop machine (now several years old), and on my Windows 8 Tablet. I find my smart phone too small a screen size to play games on (I am getting older), but use the phone for skype messages relating to the game.

I use Chrome on both desktop and tablet, but have some issues with commands to send vans/diplos/troops out on the tablet. It doesn't seem to want to send them directly through "point and click" methods, so I have to work out indirect ways which take a bit longer.
"Walk in the way of the good, for the righteous will dwell in the land"
Sheza View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 00:43
On my Asus  laptop.  and a  think pad   and on a dell desktop.  lol 
If Horses don't go to Heaven when they die. then I want to go where they go.
ubluntu View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubluntu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 00:50
I play primarily on a fairly high end desktop running Ubuntu(in case my username wasn't a dead giveaway), though sometimes I use my phone(Samsung Galaxy Note II, the stylus can do mouseover interactions, so other than chat it works just as well as a desktop/laptop). My preferred web browser is Chrome on both platforms. With incognito mode, I'm able to log in to both my accounts at the same time.

I have a dual screen setup on the desktop and usually have two browser windows open for each account since many things in Illyriad are best done with a reference or without having to navigate away. I'm really looking forward to the next ui, not only is it beautiful fully zoomable 3d goodness(map only demo), but it should make far better use of these monitors.
Ryklaw View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryklaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 02:05
Finishing the Race!
II Tim 4:7,8
Ryklaw View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryklaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 02:06
A low end laptop running Chrome and Samsung Galaxy S3.
Finishing the Race!
II Tim 4:7,8
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 02:16
laptop with Chrome here -- maybe this should be set up with a poll so that people don't feel they are being redundant by typing "laptop with Chrome" as a response a bunch of times?  Unless you are more interested in variety than distribution?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic