illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wall/Quary Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AdamPrime View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdamPrime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wall/Quary Question
    Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 21:03
SO, if I build my quary, build a level 20 wall and then destroy my quary, will my wall still exist and defend me? Smile

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 21:33
There are two building types that may be in question: the quarry, which is a resource field that produces stone, and the stonemason, that boosts base stone production and unlocks the defensive structures research to be able to build a wall and the siege construction research to be able to build a siege workshop (to make siege blocks).

Once you have built a stonemason to level I and begun the defensive structures research, you will not need a stonemason to have a wall.  After completion of the defensive structures research, you will be able to build or rebuild a wall at any time, regardless of any other buildings that might exist in the city.  The same is true for the siege workshop once you have researched siege construction.

You need a level 1 stonemason to research Scaffolding in the Sovereignty section of the research tree, which allows you to get a boost to stone production from sovereignty.  People rarely boost stone production using sovereignty, but I would advise having that option should you need it.

With regard to the quarry itself, quarries can be demolished, but all this will do is reduce stone production in the city (and slightly reduce population).  No other buildings can be built in place of the quarry.  For this reason, I do not believe that demolishing the quarry would be desirable.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic