Admin Group
Admin Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Topic: USER INTERFACE VERSION 2 (UIv2) TESTING
    Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 15:05
USER INTERFACE VERSION 2 (UIv2) TESTING

MUST READ
  1. UIv2 is INCOMPLETE
    There are things that are disconnected and/or won't work, and if you choose to use UIv2 then you must expect this.  Things that don't work should however either work entirely properly or not work at all.
  2. UIv2 USES LIVE GAMEWORLD DATA
    Anything you do in UIv2 will happen on live (old UI) Illyriad (and vice versa). 
  3. UI v2 is OPTIONAL
    You can swap between the old UI and UIv2
    as you wish. So if you want to do something that UIv2 doesn't currently permit, you can do it in the old UI. To swap between the UIs, simply logout and log back in on the one you want to use.
  4. Please do NOT discuss specific UIv2 issues and features in Global Chat
    Global Chat is shared between both UIs, and discussing UIv2 in Global Chat will simply serve to confuse players who aren't testing UIv2.
  5. Please do NOT use this forum for suggesting new features
    There are lots of new features coming in UIv2 later releases that almost assuredly have what you want.  These items (such as block/unblock, private chat etc) are all held on a separate list.  This exercise is all about making sure what we currently have works, not coming up with new things.
  6. If you find an advantageous bug (ie an exploit) and you use this to gain an advantage ingame over another player without reporting it to us, please expect an "all accounts permaban".

REPORTING THINGS THAT DON'T WORK
  1. Please use this forum thread
    Do *NOT* use the UIv2 Petition system, which has been temporarily disconnected in UIv2
  2. Before reporting that something doesn't work
    Please check below that it isn't already on our list.
  3. If it has been reported already...
    ...and you do not have anything to add to the bug (except "I've found it too") then please don't report it.
  4. The list below is not in any priority order
    It will be kept up-to-date, and represents all the issues with the UIv2 that we're currently aware of.  Occasionally some bugs will break out into their own threads, and if you have information to add to these bugs, please do it in the specific thread, which will be linked from the item below.
  5. Items that we believe have been fixed are struckthrough
Whilst we very much appreciate your help in testing the new User Interface, please rigorously adhere to these rules listed above.  If you find yourself unable to adhere to the rules in this post, please don't use the new UI.

HOW TO ACCESS THE NEW USER INTERFACE

Use your NORMAL, CURRENT username and password here:
To return to the old User Interface:
  • log out of ui2 (press the button next to your player name on the top left)
  • And then login as normal here: http://uk1.illyriad.co.uk

Many thanks for helping us test the new UI.

Regards,

SC

Edited by GM Stormcrow - 21 Feb 2011 at 11:14
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 15:06
BROWSER
  • IE7 support issues. IE7 has multiple issues with UIv2.
  • Opera chat issues / logouts. Opera has multiple issues with UIv2.
  • When logging out, IE8 gives the "Error Encountered, Send MS Report" message.  Click Don't Send and logout continues.
PETITIONS
  • You cannot submit new Petitions in UIv2. This is intentional.  Bug reporting should happen here in this forum, according to the guidelines above; otherwise you can use the Petition system in the old (live) UI.
CHAT
  • No option to report users by clicking on their name in chat

GENERAL UI
  • Font size too small, can't read
  • After re-sizing an undocked chat window, whilst on world map page, world map page flickers/reloads, as does "Next events" progress bars. Looks like jscript interferons Wink
WORLD MAP
  • Cluttering/overlap of city names
  • World Map Grid offset at various zoom levels
  • Occasional broken images on World Map in Chrome
  • Units in Motion currently appear static on the map (but they do move between page refreshes)
  • Harvesting player relationship details (Hostile/Friendly etc) are not shown in the popup when clicked or on the caravan colouring
  • Popups on NPC squares/impassable/ocean should have "Send Settlers" option removed.
  • Cannot claim sov
TOWN MAP
  • New graphics / upgrades to load in
  • Return the old "Zoom" Magnifying glass
  • When you build a building on a empty town plot it doesn't let you upgrade it to the next level with out clicking out of it and then clicking back on the spot where it's being built.
HERALD
  • Can't choose between All / recent battles / diplomatic events 
CASTLE
  • Cannot Relocate City

RANKINGS
  • Global Rankings page not present
ALLIANCE
  • Alliance Foreign Affairs - cannot change relationships
  • Alliance Roles - creating a new role doesn't carry through the default permission options
  • Alliance Maps unavailable
  • Option to 'Edit' on Alliance Profile should not be available to players without edit permissions

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 07 Apr 2011 at 22:23
GM Stormcrow | Twitter | Facebook | G+
hydraa View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 15:55
Not sure is this is diplo specific or general ui
The drop downs for player and city are sorted in alpha instead of by distance.
Not sure if this is intended or desired, but i have found the distance sort to be useful for commonly named players or towns

[EDIT by TC: Fixed, now sorts by proximity]

Updated,
only 10 items are displayed even if there are more than that available with no option  to see more

[EDIT by SC: Will talk with TC about the sort. Not sure if it's intended this way or not, and I can see utility in either way of sorting.

On the 10 items only, I believe this is intended behaviour. You can narrow the list by adding more letters to your search criteria.]

There are many city names that are repeated more than 10 times (character names should not be) THe main example is 'New Settlement'  another example is 'Camelot'  I am sure many more common fantasy/historical cities are listed more than 10 times.  
There is no way to add more letters to camelot to get it to narrow down to the camelot i want.  i can do it by player name though once i know it

[EDIT by SC: It's a good point. Will discuss further with TC.]

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 07 Feb 2011 at 14:48
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 16:42
When logging out, IE8 gives the Error Encountered, Send MS Report message.  I click Don't Send and logout continues.

[EDIT by SC: Acknowledged, added to list]
[EDIT by TC: Currently unable to reproduce, please provide further info - OperatingSystem,  Long IE version (Click the ? button and choose About e.g. 8.0.7600.16385)

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 06 Mar 2011 at 07:58
hydraa View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 17:04
world map
when selected a square to harvest that has your caravan on it, the caravan is grey instead of green, there is also no text that a neutral or an ally is harvesting.
This leads to sending replacement caravans when not needed

[EDIT by SC: Existing item already on list "Harvesting player relationship details (Hostile/Friendly etc) are not shown in the popup when clicked or on the caravan colouring"]

Edited by GM Stormcrow - 06 Feb 2011 at 17:15
voxanadu View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 17:51
It appears that you're capable of settling on top of terrain tiles such as an "Ancient Forest"

[EDIT by SC: Acknowledged, added to list. NB this is a World Map display issue only. Settling these squares would be caught when you pressed the "send" button.]

Edited by GM Stormcrow - 06 Feb 2011 at 17:56
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Historian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 18:34
This may be deliberate, but under Alliance it gives me the option to edit the profile when I don't have the right to, then tells me I can't do that.

[EDIT by SC: Acknowledged, added to list - option should be suppressed if not available]

Edited by GM Stormcrow - 06 Feb 2011 at 19:05
G0DsDestroyer View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 21:43
Also the chat boxes don't have the number of people that are in the chat anymore. Is this intentional?
It helps to know if there's anyone in my Alliance chat.

[EDIT by SC: Acknowledged, added to list]

Edited by GM Stormcrow - 06 Feb 2011 at 23:15
Arya View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 13:47
Spam!

I get this popping up at random times, nothing to do with what I click because I can be just lurking and nothing even happening at present in Notifications and it will happen. Doesn't actually seem to do anything, just pop up for the fun of it I guess. :)

Unable to complete request error box:

/Town/UpgradeBuilding
hydraa View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 16:09
World Map

1. Zoom out and Zoom in buttons do not clear out its icon when max/min zoom reached (as in v1)
2. Zoom in at level 1 displays URL for zero but treats itself as one , zoom out from zero goes to 2
3. Zoom out at level 10 display URL for 11 but treats itself as 10 , zoom in from 11 goes to 9
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic