Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 20:19
Your caravans harvesting
Count At Timings Harvesting View
Caravans 2
[-115|-100] in Middle Kingdom
5hr 21m 10s
Quantity of good remaining to be harvested would be nice to see here.

[EDIT by TC: Acknowledged, though likely to be something we look at later]

Is Region important for all these displays and notices?

[EDIT by TC: Yes Wink]

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 17 Feb 2011 at 21:28
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 20:37
On the various Overview pages, the top section is Recent Activity which shows the last 5 events.

Is this really the most important information for a player?  For me, this is minor data.  Now and the future are much more important than the past.  Particularly events that occured in mid-January still being shown as "Recent" activity.

I would move this section to the bottom of the Overview, and only display actions that are 72 hours old at most.

A separate History of actions by bldg might be nice for deeper research.  But the Overview should tell me just that, an Overview.  Here's the info I would most like to see:

Who is doing what to me. (Hostile incomings)

What I am doing to someone else.  (My unit movements outbound and inbound).
Armies returning should have Army name, and army composition displayed.

What I have in my city at present.  I really like the stats provided on Attack, Defense, and Composition of armies present.

What I have in production, unit wise.

I like to know what units I have, what units are being produced, and then I know if I need to build more units.  Presently, I have to make side notes and flip between screens to gather the data to make this decision.

[EDIT by TC: Great insights and thoughts; we will review the overview pages]

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 09 Feb 2011 at 21:31
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 20:41
Diplomatic Overview.

It looks like the only place I can see my units present is from the Movement Order screen.  I would like this data reflected on the Overview to save a click and page load.

On the Diplo unit production screen, It should show the current inventory of each unit.   As it stands now, I have to add travelling and available from the Move Orders screen, make a note, then go to Production to order more builds.

I really like that the Move Order screen also shows current build orders.

[EDIT by TC: Excellent ideas, will see what we can do]

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 09 Feb 2011 at 21:32
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 20:44
I like how the current page stays the same as I scroll through cities.  So if I am checking military movements, I scroll from city to city with just a single page load each time and no extra clicking.

[EDIT by TC: Glad you like Thumbs Up]

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 09 Feb 2011 at 21:32
bartimeus View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 23:51
Originally posted by The_Dude The_Dude wrote:

I like how the current page stays the same as I scroll through cities.  So if I am checking military movements, I scroll from city to city with just a single page load each time and no extra clicking.

Problem is, if you build different thing on different plot in each city, you end up in a different building menu when you switch town...

[EDIT by TC: Only for building upgrade pages; building production pages remain the same between towns (e.g. if you are in Barracks troop production when you switch town you are in troop production for the new town)

We will looking into staying on the same building type for upgrades as well - regardless of plot location - however that may be a later thing]

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 09 Feb 2011 at 21:37
Bartimeus, your very best friend.
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 18:46
YourLumberjack L1 completed at Goliad. Your building queue is empty. Just now 09 Feb 2011 18:24:25

It would be nice if the notification included a hot-link to the building queue (or research queue as appropriate).  So that a single click in the notice would take me straight to the Town Resource Summary where I could select my next build order.

[EDIT by TC: Good idea, will see what we can do]

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 09 Feb 2011 at 21:37
hydraa View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 23:39
New City settled system message

needs a slight re-word for ui2

"To switch between your cities, you will now have a City drop-down menu in the top right hand corner of your screen, just below your username and the current Server Time. Choose the City you wish to administer here and the game interface will swap them over"

The current server time is not actually displayed and is on the opposite side from the drop down
hydraa View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 00:13
The notice when there is no production buildings needs a slight change in the last line

"You do not have any Production Buildings built in this town.

Research some City Technologies to unlock different buildings to produce items.

To Research Technologies you will need to have built gained Research Points by building a Library in your city."

hydraa View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 03:26
I would like to see chat windows to remember their detached locations and detached status.

(though i could see some issues with those of us that play from multiple platforms)
Klandor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 21:37
It would be real nice to be able to save the screen layout so that each time we log in, the screen is laid out how we left it or in some pre-configured, saved setting.

In particular, it would be nice to save the where we want to AC and GC chat windows, along with the size of the window.  That way, if we have large screens and/or a specific layout, we don't need to keep resetting it each time we exit and re-enter.  This is ESPECIALLY true during this debugging time, where we're frequently flipping back and forth between UIv1 and UIv2 for those tasks that don't work in v2 yet.

Klandor

Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic