illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Use Prestige to Balance Basic Resources

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sir A View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Use Prestige to Balance Basic Resources
    Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 16:22
This is a simple suggestion.  Click the prestige button and your basic resources get balanced so you have the same amount of each one.  Not including food.  
Hyrdmoth View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyrdmoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 18:54
That basically enables you to use Prestige to bypass any of the disadvantages that come with a 3-resource square. You can already use Prestige for a +20% boost to resource production. I think that's enough.
Sir A View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 19:29
Oh no I meant your on hand basic resources not your basic res plot setups.  If that makes sense.  
Hyrdmoth View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyrdmoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 19:54
So if you had:

20k wood, 20k clay, 120k iron and 400k stone

You would be able to spend some prestige (say 3 points) and end up with:

140k wood, 140k clay, 140k iron and 140k stone

Is that what you're after?

I think that still helps you to use prestige to get past the disadvantages that come from settling on a square with 3 of one type of resource, or it allows you to convert a resource you don't use (say stone) into one that you do (say clay for the cavalry support building).

I tend to think that is what trading is for.
Sir A View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 06:27
This is more about short term not long term.  It would be useful for people who are prestige building cities.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic