illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

unresponsive illy buttons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Taelin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: unresponsive illy buttons
    Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 08:09
I am finding that the buttons in-game are quite unresponsive at times. It is often necessary to click red buttons many times - 2, 3, 4 to get a response (maybe not just red buttons - but those are the ones I notice). This has not always been the case but pinning down the exact start time is difficult - maybe the last couple of weeks.

This seems to vary from time to time - sometimes its fine.

It does not seem to a connection problem from my end as it occurs even when using stable landline broadband.

This is not a major issue but it is a little frustrating - I understand that I am not alone in experiencing this and wondered how widespread the problem is.
Halcyon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halcyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 09:16
I have the same problem, I think for some days now.
Teets View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 09:46
I also have the same problem for days now. I am using Chrome.

Edited by Teets - 12 Oct 2013 at 09:46

SigmaLance View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SigmaLance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 13:14
Only the major buttons at the top (World Map, City Map, Military Overview, Diplomatic Overview, etc) are unresponsive for me on a daily basis. It has always been this way for me in both Firefox and Chrome. Sometimes I have to logout/login for them to function again.
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 14:07
I've been experiencing this problem in Chrome for several days. Firefox doesn't seem to have the problem.
Malek View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 23:18
I thought this was just me, and it was lag or something similar. 
I am using chrome. 
Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epidemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 01:14
That happens to me all the time, whether i'm using IE10, Chrome, Firefox or any other browser. The easiest way to fix it is to move to the next city and move back, problem solved.

What is far worse for me is when I try to send harvesters somewhere on the map and regardless of where I click on the map it sends me back to the center square of the map. It can be a severe pain in the butt at times and has caused the early demise of at least one mouse.

Edited by Epidemic - 13 Oct 2013 at 01:14
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 02:51
I have a bug report in about the re-centering problem. It's been open for ages. Drives me crazy on the iPad.

Of course, how often do you need to interact with the map in Illyriad?

Oh.
Eddy View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 19:33
Yup - all of the above.
The unresponsive button problem sometimes plays an evil double-act with a related problem, where nothing discernible happens on pressing the button, but it *has* done whatever it was meant to do; but it looks just like another failure to respond, as I'm still looking at the same form as before, with its fields still filled in. This has lead to me sending double loads of goods between cities a few times (thankfully never to anyone else; I've been able to send back the extra load).

These problems (unresponsive buttons, map deciding to believe I clicked on the map-center, despite my having been nowhere near) are particularly acute on my Android tablet.
Browser is Chromium on both desktop and Android.

Eddy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic