Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTRO accepts Terms of Surrender

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Llyorn Of Jaensch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 22:36
Originally posted by Fromfrak Fromfrak wrote:

The terms are what were accepted by the parties involved, and our honor remains intact. To those that would do it different, then do it differently when you resolve your own war. We never claimed to be role models and have not asked anyone to follow our example. We did it our way, you do it yours.

+1

Clap

"ouch...best of luck."
HonoredMule
Silverlake View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 00:02
Originally posted by Llyorn Of Jaensch Llyorn Of Jaensch wrote:

Originally posted by Fromfrak Fromfrak wrote:

The terms are what were accepted by the parties involved, and our honor remains intact. To those that would do it different, then do it differently when you resolve your own war. We never claimed to be role models and have not asked anyone to follow our example. We did it our way, you do it yours.

+1

Clap

+2

Clap
Malek View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 02:31
Congratulation to TLR,
I seem to recall that Thordor called me a warmonger in GC, it is apparent that this surrender would prove that as unfounded as he picked another fight he could not win, which was caused by another error in judgement. 

Looks like the better alliance won, congrats to TLR. 

Thordor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 09:44
I don't ever remember calling you a war monger, Malek, I have nothing but the upmost respect for the alliance Amt.
Malek View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 12:55
No wonder you get yourself into trouble, you make statements then conveniently forget what you say. Let me refresh your memory
8/5/2012 23:56ThordorBut I still don't think it justifies a player with over 100,000 population from a 'peaceful' alliance attacking a player with only 8,000 population. You're a known warmonger.
From the look of that your previous comment was complete joke. Even then you couldnt answer why i was a warmonger, maybe you could make something up now if you like. 

The fact that you conveniently overlooked, was that it was ok for a 8000 pop player to attack a 700 pop player mercilessly then lie in GC that they were being attacked for no reason. Not only did you believe them you acted on it, in a rash manner making an error in judgement which in your own words you admitted that you do. 

Either way I dont care. If you have a problem with it, grow your cities again then come and find me, you wanted a war monger now you got one. 

Thordor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 13:12
What crawled up your arse and died? This thread is about the TLR vs T.R.O terms of surrender, if you've got a problem with me then by all means send me an IGM and talk to me about it, don't attempt to slate me over the Forums. Yes, I've made mistakes, I'll admit that, I've jumped the gun more then once and I regret them choices, but I've learned from them and I won't be making that mistake again.

"grow your cities again then come and find me, you wanted a war monger now you got one. "

Even if I did call you a war monger it would seem I was right. How pathetic.
Hyo View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 14:05
I think Malek was just reminding you of what you had said, as you had obviously forgotten. As to pathetic "What crawled up your arse and died?" pot calling the kettle black there I think.

On the subject of this thread. How TLR and TRO settle their dispute is entirely up to them and none of my, or anyone elses, business. But if someone else demanded MY money so they could play THEIR game, they'd have to come round to my house and prise it from my grubby little fingers. :D

Edited by Hyo - 20 Jul 2012 at 14:22
Tordenkaffen View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 14:29
Since the point of this thread has been produced and dealt with I think locking it would reduce the bileful comments that flows in the wake of the conflict.
Thordor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 14:45
I agree with Tordenkaffen. And Hyo, yeah he just caught me off guard. Malek, if I've offended you in some way, let's talk about it over IGM, failing that if you don't want anything to do with me, I'll be more then happy to live with that. 

It wasn't my intention to offend. (Except my last post, that was intended to offend a little). I thought I was doing the right thing protecting a new player, and others had said you where a known war monger, that's why I chose those words. (I won't give names, no that doesn't mean I'm lying, it means I don't want to drop other people in it).

As I said, I've made mistakes, I accept that and I'm sorry for them, but I've learned from them. Can you honestly say you've never made mistakes?
Malek View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 14:51
TRO agreed to the terms, that is their decision. They would have been worked out long before it ended up in the forums and a while before the peace was agreed upon. 

Personally I would not have had the prestige part as part of the reparations but it was not my war, nor my negotiation and both parties agreed to it. As posted earlier I do not think this would set a precedent in the game either, as there are other means to settle conflicts available to the affected parties.   Each conflict is unique and will produce unique outcomes. 

But hey, this is a war game and CensoredCensoreds$%t happens. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic