Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTrader Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lyken View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trader Issues
    Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 16:35
I have encountered a couple of problems with traders over the past couple of weeks, one of which may even be a feature rather than a bug.

The first: attempting to send a trader to a hub from a town without the "Faction Markets" technology results in the trader disappearing. The trader does not appear in the town or the hub, and is not counted when determining the wine cost for the next trader.

The second: traders do not require a guild, and there is no way to dismiss them. I trained a trader in one town, sent him to a hub, demolished the merchant's guild, and in hoping to transfer the trader to a different town, returned him to his town of origin, thinking he would leave service much like cotters would. He did not, and so I'm left with a trader in a town with no space for a guild or trade office, making him useless in all but raising the cost of my next trader.

The loss of my trader does not bother me, but it'd be nice to be able to dismiss them at will. Would be wonderful if someone could look into this.

KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 17:58
I know it's small consolation but can you use the first problem to solve the second? :)
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Lyken View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 18:04
I thought of that, but unfortunately I would need to somehow clear my completed research. : (

monkeyfeather View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 22:04
I've heard of traders being killed when sent to an unfriendly hub (one controlled by a faction with which you have negative standing), maybe you could try that.
Bonaparta View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 22:09
I didn't try it myself but perhaps you could send unwanted trader to the Heart of Corruption. Perhaps you will even get a zombie trader.

I think it would also destroy trader if you don't send him at a trade hub but to an empty map square. I didn't try it, since I don't want to loose traders. But you can do it like this:

http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Trade/Orders/518/61?ActionTypeID=3

use that link than change location to somewhere where there is no trade hub.

Edited by Bonaparta - 26 Nov 2012 at 22:15

dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 10:30
Apparently this is yet another issue, where disband (excl. moving non-empty vans) would offer a quick workaround until the real problem is fixed.  
Lyken View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 17:37
Originally posted by Bonaparta Bonaparta wrote:

I didn't try it myself but perhaps you could send unwanted trader to the Heart of Corruption. Perhaps you will even get a zombie trader.

I think it would also destroy trader if you don't send him at a trade hub but to an empty map square. I didn't try it, since I don't want to loose traders. But you can do it like this:

http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Trade/Orders/518/61?ActionTypeID=3

use that link than change location to somewhere where there is no trade hub.

That is a handy link, Bona. Thanks for that. I've attempted to send the trader to various locations:
  • Another of my towns: he just returned to his origin after arriving.
  • An empty tile beside my town: same thing, he simply returned.
  • Audrey: He's enroute, I'll let you know how it goes.

Bonaparta View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 20:08
Heh Lyken looks like those traders are hard to kill. I would be surprised, if Audrey doesn't do it. I've sent cotters, miners, herbalists and skinners there and they all disappeared without a trace. No corrupted orcs in return, but Audrey wasn't active. 
Perhaps there is even easier way to kill those wine and money loving traders... Send him to a tile occupied with NPCs, it works for all other kind of trade units with a death wish.

Lyken View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 21:49
I will try that next if he somehow avoids the tentacles!

Edit::
Good lord... he survived and is on his way back. I'll try to enlist the aid of some bears next and see how that goes.

Edit2::
O.o
He was spotted riding back to town on the back of a bear. 
I then attempted to send him to a hub I could not trade with (due to poor standing) and he disappeared!

In conclusion:
If you send a trader to a hub where your standing is low enough to invoke the "trade not available at this hub" message, your trader will vanish. Please don't fix this until I have abused this fact. ; )

Edited by Lyken - 28 Nov 2012 at 14:25

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic