illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trade in Hedgor's Haven

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trade in Hedgor's Haven
    Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 17:50
I second what Stukahh said, and really appreciate the work that Brandmeister is doing to energize the hub. For my small part, I am going to be making some crafted items available in that hub, and I intend for my wares to be price leaders compared to the prices in Centrum, making it both cheap and easy for players in the greater Fellandire metroplex to buy some T3 gear in bulk.

I hope others will do the same, as we desperately need a few well-placed BL hubs for the sake of growing BL-specific trade and economy.

Lwyllyn View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lwyllyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 18:26
Do we really want another Centrum in BL? I suggest, rather than concentrate on one or two hubs, that players send traders to as many hubs as they can! I went from rank #3000-3500 to #3 in about 6 months because all of the trade was concentrated in one hub.

Think global, shop local! Centrum is Wal-Mart. Hedgor's Haven is slated to be Wal-Mart Store #2. Why not send a trader to those mom-and-pop hubs? You know, the one that's 8 squares from your town!

Or, just go ahead as planned; make it easy for one or two players to dominate trade! I'm not the only one who has built up a considerable inventory over the years. If we traders get into some stiff competition with each other, it will be impossible for a newbie to make any sort of profit trying to jump in at the start. We could give them a chance by spreading our goods out throughout Elgea and BL, eliminating the condensation of wealth to two players at two hubs.

The RL market is vastly different from illy market, but have you ever seen any good thing come out of further limiting options? Anywhere?
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 19:46
Lywllyn, I have toured half the hubs in the Broken Lands, and I don't remember seeing your buy or sell orders. I look forward to seeing your Think Global, Shop Local approach in action. I don't think I have the resources necessary to post and update reasonable buy and sell orders in more than a few key hubs.

Nobody has proposed limiting options. How could adding a viable Broken Lands hub even be considered limiting options? By definition it would expand the good options by one. Considering BL currently has zero good options, I'd consider one solid hub to be a huge victory for the frontier.

I am entertained by the notion that I could be one of the traders who dominates Hedgor's Haven. Realistically, if it becomes successful, the hub will draw volume from other active traders as well. That would indicate the formation of a true local economy. That would be a break from the current BL model, where established alliances just send materials to their colony cities. I have high hopes for a few other regions, but at the moment, only Fellandire is really heating up.
Klingon View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klingon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 11:17
I have sent a trader as well to BL. Looking forward to doing business with the people down under. Not a trader by nature so bear a little with me while I learn
I have traders in 6 hubs including Centrum but have noticed that Shurthorn to be the one with the most trading volume with more than 60 trades a day. Looking forward to exploring the potential of HH. May send another trader in the next weeks to the Far West hubs of BL
Berde View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 14:34
I'll see about trying to get a trader to HH in BL. Soon as i come up with another 10 barrels of wine. My cities are spread out too far :|
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 02:02
Additional offers on February 6, 2015:

1000 short swords @3000
1000 forester spears @3000
1000 hill tribe spear @2500
Stukahh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stukahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 17:11
As of this morning there are over 200 open buy and sell orders at HH.  Up from 160 a few days ago.
I am seeing alot more people there now.
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 17:44
I was quite pleased to see that several of my Sell orders have been undercut. Natural competition is emerging. I have been posting identical Buy orders in Centrum and Hedgor's Haven, but filling those orders has been a little slow for standard items (beer, swords, etc.). Not surprising, as SIN is the biggest alliance in Fellandire, and you are currently at war.

For the 40 new orders, I would like to point something out. There are stale orders in every hub at silly Buy prices (<50% Centrum) and Sell prices (>200% Centrum). There were probably only 50 sane orders in Hedgor's Haven, so another 40 represents a doubling of market-priced orders that reasonable people will fill. It's also probably 10x more realistic orders than almost every other hub in the entire Broken Lands.
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 17:51
I'm really interested to see what happens here.

Carry on, just sayin'. 

Rik

Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Artahm View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 22:47
Ive sent a trader along with a couple of dozen milion gold to you guys. You can expect more buy orders in a couple of days :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic