Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Trade hub development: Where to send merchants?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTrade hub development: Where to send merchants?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Pellinell View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 18:34
I currently do quite a bit of business at Laresh. Which is much closer than centrum. So while Centrum may indeed be used by more people it is not the only one worth using Wink
EvilKatia View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 19:20
I agree with Pellinell for me its Shelton sending all my vans constantly to Centrum would be long and painful. my trader at centrum give me an idea of prices range mostly.

By the way very good mpa there its clear to see wich hubs have in some activity and wich dont I will be sure to use it to see where to send traders in the future :)
Kat

'They have to always turn a forum post into a badly written book that gives a headache and takes your iq points' - AO
Cerex Flikex View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 20:00
Turyin Trade Hub for the Elves! ;)
scaramouche View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 20:23
I'll be honest about the hubs..i dont know nothing about them..its a part of the game i havent spent the time or energy to explore this part of the game yet...so my question is...considering the whole concept is still in its beginners stages will it take over from the standard markets?
bearing in mind the difficulty in people trying to find a busy hub.will this create hubs that are really active and others that will just become ghost hubs?
and cerex..why is that particular hub good for elves?

Edited by scaramouche - 07 Dec 2012 at 20:24
NO..I dont do the Fandango!
HendelTheDwarf View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 20:29
Originally posted by Yeesha D'ni Yeesha D'ni wrote:

@ Lyrr:
I strongly disagree. Taomist / Laoshins trade hub "Zhuhai" is well developped with a really wide  variety of goods, at, what is important: in most cases competive prices (price niveau equal or less to Centrum). And more then 20 traders (that I know of), who are residents there.
For sure Centrum is and might be for a long time the pricegiver and most trades use to happen there.
But if you decide to repeat that mantra: only Centrum is good for trades, it will be like that forever.
We decided (indepentently from TOR and NAAM incentives, which I am willing to support as well), to envive a faction hub, which is work at the beginning, but worth it. Work, as you constantly supply a far hub, where sales are sometimes not as fast as in Centrum, but at a steady and remarkable volume.
Another aspect: there is only a certain sell / buy volume at Centrum. At other hubs you might spare time (and money) instead of waiting to sell things at Centrum.
We developped from just one seller with exorbitant prices at the beginning, to a well working trade  hub, where you can get nearly everything near - term.
The problem, which I see is, that too less people are willing to think about:
  • how could I actively develop a nearby hub (as distances not really matter, it can be  a far away one as well), because I believe in  influencable economics due to sandbox mechanics.
  • What might be the need of a certain good somewhere? 5000 Steady warhorses Shocked , yes, this might take time....
  • what are generous prices, everybody is willing to pay (yes, desert armours for 40.000 gold each don't sell, I admit....who wonders ?  But hides and herbs, as a bottleneck of crafting processes ? Might work.... (besides: ever thought, why not many people buy crafted stuff? ... they simply can't afford. It's cheaper to do it yourself. Prices are fantastic.)
  • most people only buy cheap goods and move further, instead of placing own sell orders or shipping a stockpile of goods to that hub. This doesn't help the development of hubs. It is a short term win / win situation for both, but not sustainable. Where are all the goods of you guys? Resting in peace at Centrum in a long row behind 10 cheaper sell offers? Why don't bring goods to the market. Compete with Centrum?
Heads are round, that thoughts might change there direction... Believe in influencable Sandbox dynamics, as it is the result of players action. Zhuhai is prooving that.
Nice to see, that trading gets a new (since trade V2) sensible game path.
Nice to see player driven initiatives like incentives (maybe tournaments and player made quests later).
Nice to see trade and crafting Allies being founded.
Nice to see trades getting something interactive and social (besides of all possible grinding in Illyriad), which is connecting people. What i rely on is not that automatically (kind of grinding) adjusting prices and accepting orders old school trade (from people, which names you know, but never had contact), but a more intelligent and meaningful trade path (with eg. trade relations and treatys and what really matters: direct player interaction.)
Keep it up!

PS: as I wrote in the first Zhuhai thread :
(http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/zhuhai-faction-hub-a-project-to-shape-the-market_topic4237.html)

Possible benefits of a decentralized market :
  • products can be stored and stockpiled easily and nearby
  • by accepting trade offers you assure a quick delivery
  • caravans aren't ages away from home to deliver goods
  • from monopoly to oligopol as a more vivid marketform (competition instead of accepting Centrum hub as a pricemaker for everything)
  • you make market occurence more attractive for smaller players, as they can join the market developments without having own traders
  • social platform in terms of allycrossing cooperation (what I wish, we would have much more)
  • shaping plurality in giving a local market an individual charakter (local products might be cheaper then in far away western border states and vice versa). In other words: regional appearance of goods would get more important
  • being well prepared for coming updates like marketvisibility
  • being the base of possible future trade tournamants and social interaction

Last not least and offtopic:
What is trade without advertisement? Here you go.... Hope to see lots of you....
http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/trade-Event-zhuhai-winter-solistice-festivities_topic4523.html

Couldn't agree more.  I'm seeing quite a lot of activity in other hubs.  Caer Morock has really taken off for me - Dunthaslea are Humayan not quite as good, but fairly steady.  The only disappointment so far has been Bepima.

Getting my next trader ready to send off to Zhuhai for the solstice festivities!
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 20:36
Scar - Turyin is friendly to Elves per the Faction Summary on it.  It is also near a cluster of CF's cities. :)

I think the hubs are beyond the beginner phase now.  I think they will nearly eliminate "standard market" in time.  As more players develop traders more hubs will become active.  

If you use trading at all, you should definitely get at least 3 traders deployed to hubs as follows: 1 Trader to Centrum since this is the largest market in Illy with the most goods available of all types, imo;  1 Trader to hub nearest your cluster of cities; and,  1 Trader to a central hub used by your alliance for intra-alliances transfers (meaning everyone in the alliance stations a trader at that hub - more geographically diverse alliances will likely use several hubs for this purpose).

An advantage to hubs is that the seller does not tie up his own vans for shipping goods.  Also, taxes paid are lower than the standard market.
scaramouche View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 20:43
Originally posted by The_Dude The_Dude wrote:

Scar - Turyin is friendly to Elves per the Faction Summary on it.  It is also near a cluster of CF's cities. :)

I think the hubs are beyond the beginner phase now.  I think they will nearly eliminate "standard market" in time.  As more players develop traders more hubs will become active.  

If you use trading at all, you should definitely get at least 3 traders deployed to hubs as follows: 1 Trader to Centrum since this is the largest market in Illy with the most goods available of all types, imo;  1 Trader to hub nearest your cluster of cities; and,  1 Trader to a central hub used by your alliance for intra-alliances transfers (meaning everyone in the alliance stations a trader at that hub - more geographically diverse alliances will likely use several hubs for this purpose).

An advantage to hubs is that the seller does not tie up his own vans for shipping goods.  Also, taxes paid are lower than the standard market.
oh yes..i forgot about the faction side of things and your more thn likely right about taking over the standard market..in time..but there will always be a need for the standard market for the new ppl  before they meet the requirements to engage in the hubs.
but i see what you mean. thanks
NO..I dont do the Fandango!
Llyr View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 22:05
I'm giving Turyin a try, so I'll see what happens there. But I'm mostly engaged in buying rare items for crafting, so price is the only factor for me. Travel distance is irrelevant. And Turyin is actually farther for me than Centrum, so prices there would have to be less than Centrum to interest me.

Edited by Llyr - 07 Dec 2012 at 22:06

Hadus View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 23:37
Originally posted by Llyr Llyr wrote:

Centrum is currently the only hub worth using for actual buying and selling. Your closest local hub is useful for storage (infinite capacity and theft-proof), but will generally be useless for actual trading. That situation won't change until players learn that to develop other hubs for trading, they need to offer BETTER prices than Centrum.

Except that if you send a trader to an herb/mineral starved area, some bigger players might be willing to spend extra gold for the convenience of proximity. This is how local hubs can be useful.
Ossian View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 10:27

Briiliant thread guys Thumbs Up Also conrgats to Naam Spokesman and also Yeesha D'ni  for referencing there respective trade proposals and projects to the lore of the game!

Superbly done Clap

Edited by Ossian - 08 Dec 2012 at 10:28
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic