FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tourney prizes delayed to a bunch of wind

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 01:25
Originally posted by kodabear kodabear wrote:

well that's disappointing but not shocking. One issue I do see with taking a snapshot at the start is that you guys even less then a day notice and people do need time to find out if there alliance is taking part and to find new alliances if they aren't taking part. Maybe a snapshot  48 hours in will be better. In Tournament I based the prizes on what alliance people were in at the end of the Tournament.
Yes; if/when we do run a tournament again we'll discuss these ideas in advance with you guys, so we can get a feel for the playerbase thoughtscape. (And yes, I do use those Orwellian management-speak words under advisement)

Best,

SC
Benedetti View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Benedetti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 01:44
I think it makes far more sense to only reward prices based on where people end a tournament, especially given the extremely short advance notice that already favours people in ehh ... "later" time zones. It will also keep people involved more even after getting a regional win, and then there's people who are off for a few days to consider.

I see no way to use a snapshot at the start that will not lead to people giving up on a tournament (either right from the start or during) or very complex procedures to change allegiance. With a decreasing playerbase, I think having people feel left out should be the last thing to aim for.
Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Damage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 07:03
Delay them as long as you want for all we care.
TomBombadil View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomBombadil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 09:33
So, you guys are telling me that I could have spent a week in nCrow, a week in VTX, a week in vCrows, and that would have gotten me the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd global prize and every single regional prize of each alliance due to my swiftsteeds being able to reach anywhere on the map within a week?

Edited by TomBombadil - 11 Oct 2016 at 09:34
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 14:21
Sure.

Players come up with all kinds of creative ways to interpret the rules we set out.

I don't believe this kind of 'gaming the rules' is in the spirit of an Alliance tournament, and when/if we run another tournament we may look at ways of prohibiting or mitigating this kind of activity through additional rules.  

However, I also don't believe that we should retrospectively change the tournament rules as they were originally set out, as I don't think that's fair either.

SC
Lagavulin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lagavulin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 15:13
That seems fair to me SC.  And regardless of anything else we had a wonderful time with this tournament I absolutely hope you guys do another one in the not too distant future.
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gragnog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 15:14
Easiest way, the alliance you are in at the end of tournament is the one you recieve prizes for. Can expand that by putting min time of half tournament durration plus one day being the factor.
Kaggen is my human half
Captain Kindly View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Kindly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 20:40
Originally posted by Gragnog Gragnog wrote:

Easiest way, the alliance you are in at the end of tournament is the one you recieve prizes for. Can expand that by putting min time of half tournament durration plus one day being the factor.

But only when you participated in fighting for that alliance for the spot you are on, afaic...
Duran View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 19:52
ORRR, No more King of the Hill tourney's :D and something DIFFERENT!
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"
Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Damage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 06:38
I have no issue with people pimping themselves around different alliances to gain rewards in each. If they dont change the rules for the next one them I might just become a lady of the night myself Evil Smile

P.S Agree with Duran, mix it up a little.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic