FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTournament VII - Winners and prizes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
dittobite View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 01:05
So not only do the members who were unable to WIN a champ because they arrived at squares late/used all their men supporting other alliance members to hold the square get NO CHAMPS, they also get no tourney medal either.  So they get nothing basically for 1 month of effort (100 prestige per alliance per square won is nothing)?
The Duke View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 03:20
Originally posted by dittobite dittobite wrote:

So not only do the members who were unable to WIN a champ because they arrived at squares late/used all their men supporting other alliance members to hold the square get NO CHAMPS, they also get no tourney medal either.  So they get nothing basically for 1 month of effort (100 prestige per alliance per square won is nothing)?
A lil Harsh ditto but I would Echo the same sentiments, I was under the impression the medals would go to the top 3 alliances like previosly- not individuals. That being said the top 3 alliances have nearly 100 members- broken down thats not very much prestige per player. And nothing for those who were slower to the squares/ were unlucky enough to lose the square minutes before being taken over. 
"Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives."
Malek View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 04:28
I have to agree with the previous two posts. In the rules of the tournament it states;

"The devious-minded might suspect that the tournament has been set up this way to reward alliances who can cooperate and organize themselves well, rather than just those with a few huge players."

If this is the case and alliance cooperation was needed why is there not a medal for the first 3 alliances' player that participated. What actually did happen was essentially the reverse with those "few huge players" the ones that ended up with the most medals, off the top of my head

- DD89              10
-Ditto                 9
- Empress olivia    9
Though this is good for the players, the rest of the alliance (in this case H? and Crow), provided the troop support throughout the tourney for these players to be able to get their medals for that achievement. To me the individual medals nullify's the great support shown by the top 3 alliances players by them contributing a lot of the work for no reward. What makes the lack of a medal harder to swallow is the pretense that this tourney was all about alliance teamwork and coordination yet only individuals were rewarded.  The amount of effort that went into the tourney by all was astronomical due to the tourney mechanics and to not see that hard work rewarded for all in those top 3 alliances is a little disappointing, especially considering how close the tourney was for first and third positions. 
Anjire View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 14:07
I mentioned it several times that this tourney was a modified Prisoner's Dilemma scenario.

KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 15:39
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI9jFp0cnig

Disclaimer:  I may or may not agree with the sentiment expressed in this video it may just have peaked my sense of humor in the context of the current discussion, also clicking links I post may lead to undesirable side effects such as laughter.

Edited by KillerPoodle - 17 May 2013 at 16:26
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Tordenkaffen View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 16:12
I agree with KP - feel free to revoke my medals if it means anything to you - I had fun and thats what matters to me :)
"FYI - if you had any balls you'd be posting under your in-game name." - KP
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 17:26
I thought the purpose of the tournament was to relieve me of my excess troops so I was no longer suffering from negative gold.  And it accomplished that very well!
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 19:10
Rill thats what Audrey feeding is for.  

I agree with the sentiment it could have been more alliance focused.  Randomness was bad as well.

Hoping the next tournament won't be a repeat king of the hill.  
Starry View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 22:03
I agree with others who have pointed out this tourney required alliance coordination and we have many members who did NOT earn a medal but were helping the alliance on multiple squares.    While the least favorite of all the tourneys so far, I did have a great time coordinating with my fellow alliance mates, the last day was both thrilling and a nail bitter  (kudos to Crows again).    I'd rather give up my individual medal in favor of the alliance medals that go to all members in H.     We won as a team, not as individuals.

Edited by Starry - 19 May 2013 at 14:22
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Ossian View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 13:59
Originally posted by Starry Starry wrote:

...the last day was both thrilling and a nail bitter ... 
Absolutely Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic