Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tournament V - Details, rules & prizes!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTournament V - Details, rules & prizes!

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
SugarFree View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Avatar

Joined: 09 Feb 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 350
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 14:41
Originally posted by Brids17 Brids17 wrote:

Honestly, I don't know what they did in order to defend so well against you but I have seen armies take out much more than they lost. I kind of suspect it has something to do with stacking defense from the jungle bonus building but who knows. None the less, I don't think letting them win time and time again is really the answer here. 

Population wise, it would only take two or three alliances to match or better their population. I kind of wish the Crowlitions would form together and do something but again, I noticed there's a general "they're too strong we're not going to bother" opinion going on so it's hard to even talk about taking squares from H? without being met with extreme pessimism. 
hehehe
 it's not just that they have the top pop...
from what i see they are also the most heavily militarized ally of them all.
Back to Top
Gossip Boy View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Avatar

Joined: 03 Oct 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 259
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 17:30
Originally posted by Kumomoto Kumomoto wrote:

Originally posted by Gossip Boy Gossip Boy wrote:

tallimar was bloody,really than what will you say about arran and western realms and more than anything else the tallimar battle served as a propaganda of H?'s smartness and it has actually worked...no body dares to attack H?....congo for your smart tactics H? you 've already won the tourney i guess while all other alliances fight it out for 2nd and 3rd spot




NOTE casualties in arran ~500k

         casualties in farra isle ~5k


i haven't done the calculation yet but  the combined casualties of H? dominated flag is around 500k i guess

H? are really smart they deserve to win


You profess to not be anti-H?, but you are clearly following an agenda here... Azura, for example, has 111k casualties. There are lots of non-H? squares with less than that. Selective fact picking is the sign of a propagandist.

(which is sad because this thread is supposed to be about the tourney and not yet another anti-H? platform)

If you wanna brand me as anti-H?,i ve no problems with that
i know you 've faced some competition in tallimar and azura but you are occupying 9 squares don't you wanna tell about the other 7 (someone used selective fact picking i remember)
and one thing finally if you feel that i wanna see H? suffer heavy losses than you are right i do and everybody does coz no body wanna see the winner having an easy ride (ALI wouldn't ve been remembered so much if he won all his matches in first round) but sadly that isn't happening.i am quite a small player but i am gonna definitely attack some H? squares 

Back to Top
JimJams View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Avatar

Joined: 20 Sep 2011
Location: Italy
Status: Offline
Points: 496
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 00:03
Originally posted by Gossip Boy Gossip Boy wrote:


If you wanna brand me as anti-H?,i ve no problems with that
i know you 've faced some competition in tallimar and azura but you are occupying 9 squares don't you wanna tell about the other 7 (someone used selective fact picking i remember)
and one thing finally if you feel that i wanna see H? suffer heavy losses than you are right i do and everybody does coz no body wanna see the winner having an easy ride (ALI wouldn't ve been remembered so much if he won all his matches in first round) but sadly that isn't happening.i am quite a small player but i am gonna definitely attack some H? squares 


Well, I think you should do some more homework, because H? is actually just a few thousands away from top casualties (Peace is the leader), and there are SEVERAL squares where other alliances are holding from the start without big attrition, so may be this is not a specific H? thing, but a common behavior in this kind of tourney. Also remember some squares are not at hand for most of the very localized alliances.  

That said, you are very welcome attacking our squares, it is a tourney after all ;-)


Back to Top
Llyorn Of Jaensch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Avatar

Joined: 31 Mar 2010
Location: Sydney
Status: Offline
Points: 924
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 03:46
Originally posted by Gossip Boy Gossip Boy wrote:

i am gonna definitely attack some H? squares


Bring it.
"ouch...best of luck."
HonoredMule
Back to Top
Berde View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Avatar

Joined: 10 Dec 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 380
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 03:48
Like Kirsten Dunst?
Back to Top
Silverlake View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 417
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 04:18
Somebody watches the CW network way too much
Back to Top
Prometheuz View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Avatar

Joined: 23 Nov 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 230
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 09:56
Originally posted by Tordenkaffen Tordenkaffen wrote:

@Karpin - We have no one but ourselves to thank if Harmless? get an open playing field to drive this tourney home. I suggest alliances calculate with spending soldiers to snipe at the leader.


Well Tord must be a far seeing player because this particular strategy is beginning to gather pace.  I do so admire visionaries Wink
Back to Top
invictusa View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Avatar

Joined: 16 Dec 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 480
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 21:20
Originally posted by GM Luna GM Luna wrote:

... Alliance Wins: ...
  • Alliance Tournament Statue, can be placed anywhere on the map by the alliance, but must be withing 10 squares of the current alliance capital

What happened to this?
...and miles to go before I sleep.
Back to Top
threefoothree View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Avatar

Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Location: tampa, florida
Status: Offline
Points: 88
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 12:57
hey, no third year anniversary tourney?  anyone know why?
Back to Top
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General


Joined: 19 Oct 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 2224
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 14:53
All you Crows would love one, right now, wouldn't you? ;)

Edited by Kumomoto - 03 Mar 2013 at 14:53
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.07
Copyright ©2001-2016 Web Wiz Ltd.