Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Resistance against Ta2in// SS dealer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Resistance against Ta2in// SS dealer
    Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 17:52
Hi All,

In response to TA2IN's recent ban of the sale of any Silversteel, I would like to announce that I am happy to act as a go between for SS sellers and SS buyers. IGM me if you are interested on being on either end of that transaction. I will not take a cut from any of the transactions.
I understand military players being military players and going to war like that but this encroaches too far. They are impacting people's very ability to trade in a free market which to my mind is intolerable. They have no right to decide who may buy or sell goods. 
I ask you, where will this end? If we allow big military alliances to dominate trade and control who gets silversteel then how long is it before they start having similar rules on more common types of resources like iceheart.

With this in mind, I call all traders, all crafters and all those with a grudge against ta2in to form a resistance with me to prevent this sort of tyranny. IGM me if you are interested in joining it.

For too long, the big alliances of elgea have allowed themselves to be chipped away 1 by 1. They want to divide us and to conquer us. 
Well, I say no more. Let us stand together, united, and fight. Our freedoms should not be taken cheaply and we should make them pay in blood.

-Eowan The Short/ Arion Splintspur
Princess Botchface View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Botchface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 18:00
You've been around long enough to know how forum posts turn out :P

I do love a good Illy manifesto though <3 Vive la Revolution!

I have no personal interest in getting involved but it would be interesting if people actually did, I'm not holding my breath though.

Edited by Princess Botchface - 30 Jul 2017 at 19:53
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 18:02
He-man has said that he will destroy my ex-alliances despite me having left them. This includes a great number of noobs which has said he will attack. Since when has the community allowed this sort of behaviour? 

[16:58]<Arion Splintspur> he-man, half of those players are noobs, you really going to go after them?
[16:58]*Smoking GNU hands He-man a snickers bar
[16:58]<Kylan> lol
[16:58]<He-Man> Yes I am
Tink XX View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink XX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 18:31

Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gragnog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 18:49
Lets be very honest here eowan. Firstly ta2in is not a big alliance. Secondly you knew very well what would happen. The aftershock of your actions are your doing. Trying to play the victim card now and screaming for help is pathetic. You caused the firestorm and now you fix it. Innocent players yet again suffer from your actions.
Kaggen is my human half
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 19:00
He-man made a choice when he decided to go after my alliances and the noobs, don't blame me for that. He could have chosen to just go after me but he did not.

I disagree with his actions around the silversteel claim and feel that it sets a worrying precedent. 

As for the screaming for help, I'm fully expecting to get completely noob ringed in this. No amount of help will prevent that. However, I will speak out and I will recruit people and alliances to my cause. 

TA2IN may not be a big alliance but we both know that it has the support of the SINdicate so don't try to bs me on that.

Edited by eowan the short - 30 Jul 2017 at 19:16
Snagglepuss View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snagglepuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 19:38
Your alliance is PCing me and sending me IGMS to not be attacked and trying to surrender...Why do you make them suffer for something you disagree with?? You put others in danger by declaring on us. IF there are noobs in your alliance, declaring war puts them in danger and makes them fair game. Your noobs should be afraid of their leaders not Ta2in... You are simply performing to the crowd like you always do... "I care!!! Look at my big banner, everyone follow me!!" Pathetic!

Edited by Snagglepuss - 30 Jul 2017 at 19:52
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 19:56
We didn't declare war until we had attacks inbound and IK had tried to talk to he-man to prevent the rest of MoV being involved. I actually left because I thought it might help divert the attack towards me rather than my alliance mates. He-man said he was going to attack the noobs well before we declared war.
Stop trying to twist the facts.

I would ask that you accept their surrenders as they have no part in this fight. Your quarrel is with me and I would have preferred to keep it that way.  
Bulani View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bulani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 20:21
The rules are stated simply on our alliance profile. Consider your request denied.
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 22:32
It seems that there are 2 valid definitions of the word noob. He-man thought I meant wilfully ignorant players whilst I meant new players. The terms I have been sent regarding new players are reasonable and we intend to reciprocate with TA2IN players. Terms are below:

I look at an account and I will deem it to small if I think it is. There is no need to hide the small players. 

Will they be attacked? Yes probably, but this will be after I or someone else mails them to find out what they have ( beats sending scouts) and we can structure an attack that they can easily dispatch. For example, a 2 city player that makes cav or infantry, if they have 200 infantry we might put a 200 block on them with spears. They get to kill it and keep playing. If they make spears we can send small direct attacks of 5-50 cav, inf or bows depends what they have in the city. 

I am happy for two city players or less to do whatever they want with no worry about losing cities in  retaliation. They can attack sieges, attack our cities etc. My players will know the drill. Maybe 3 city players as well. I can't imagine many 3 city players having large armies. 

Thats where I am at with this. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic