illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Modification of inter-player trade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modification of inter-player trade
    Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 03:23
Modification of inter-player trade

Currently any player can buy/sell to any other player via a trade hub. I propose that be changed to bring it more in line with the Faction alignments. It would be based on the relationships between alliances and would have no effect on trading where one of the participants was not in an alliance.

There are 4 different levels of diplomatic relationship for alliances (and therefor players):
  • War
  • Neutral
  • NAP
  • Confed
I propose a scale of discounts where a member of an alliance you are at war with cannot buy from you, a neutral player pays the standard price, NAPped gets a discount(5%), Confed gets double discount (10%) and a member of your alliance gets triple discount (15%).

As the data on alliance relationships is already stored in your browser I believe that this could be implemented with a minimal amount of work. I did consider allowing individual players to set their own discount rates and/or ban sales to individual players/alliances but this would in my opinion increase the amount of work needed by quite a large amount and therefor reduce the possibility of it happening.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic