Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mass Mail Specific ranks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Do you think there should be an option to mail specific ranks?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
31 [100.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Hiei View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hiei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mass Mail Specific ranks
    Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 06:41
When composing a mail, it would be useful, to be able to select where mass mails are sent by rank. For example: All option, for the entire alliance, or like "Senior Members and "Elder Council", like in DARK. Then the mass mails will only be sent to those people that have attained the specific ranks.

To select them there should be a check box, and a scroll if there's many ranks.

Under this text, ublunt suggested it. So I added this to my suggestion

[QUOTE=ubluntu]Try this:
  • A single TO: text field, which can accept a number of user names, comma-separated.
  • (+) button next to it opens a context menu with the ranks listed, along with their user count, e.g. "[mCrow] Rook (3)", ...
  • Pressing an entry from that menu puts the names into the TO field.
  • When typing into that field, the usual (3+)-character look-up can auto-complete usernames.
Spam controls would only be for sending to recipients outside the alliance.

Edited by Hiei - 16 Nov 2014 at 09:53
hrandjt View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hrandjt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 06:43
Oh please yes.

Our leadership is 3 coleaders and 3 council members, communicating amongst us within game methods is terrible. The in game forums don't help either. Using an external forum helps but not as much as I would like.
TheBillPN View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBillPN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 12:08
It would also be nice to have a CC/BCC option, which i think has been discussed before
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 14:47
Yes, variations of CC: have been suggested many times but this is a new thought, and a good one.

I'm no programmer, so I have no idea how much work would be involved, but here's what I think would be the simplest way to alter the interface. There are four spaces unused in the create new role window. In those spaces, put check boxes for levels 1 through 4. Each level would be exclusive, in other words, only one level could be chosen at a time. On the compose mail window, add three more check boxes next to the mail alliance box, name them 1 through 4 and allow any combination or all four to be selected. They would then only send the mail to the level of role selected. If all four boxes are selected, the entire alliance would get it. If only level 1 is selected, only level 1 roles would receive the message.

This would be a good way to add functionality without raising the spamming threat. In case you haven't guessed yet, I voted "YES."
Bonfyr Verboo
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albatross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 15:08
Try this:
  • A single TO: text field, which can accept a number of user names, comma-separated.
  • (+) button next to it opens a context menu with the ranks listed, along with their user count, e.g. "[mCrow] Rook (3)", ...
  • Pressing an entry from that menu puts the names into the TO field.
  • When typing into that field, the usual (3+)-character look-up can auto-complete usernames.
Spam controls would only be for sending to recipients outside the alliance.
Maccam View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 20:04
On the basis I'm always doing something a bit stupid, I would really like a recall unread mail function if someone is amending the code.

I haven't needed it yet, so the time I will need it is undoubtedly drawing close...
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 20:27
Mail recall would make people paranoid. If you don't mean it, don't send it.
Maccam View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 20:29
Oh I mean it, just can't type it very well.  I see many forum posts with "edited by" appearing at the bottom, so I know I am not alone...
Berde View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 21:32
As much as I regret sending something to the wrong person or whatnot, I'd be wary of a mail recall function. There's too much "he said, she said" that depends on documentation to prove/disprove. That said I'm on a text-based game where you can recall mail ONLY if the other person hasn't read it yet, which would be far less intrusive.
Hiei View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 22:47
Thanks for the responses guys. I am happy to have brought up a good topic Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic