Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe tale of Nokigon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Historian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 15:36
Update:

Nokigon gently opened his eyes, feeling the relief that can only be created by a hard day's work followed by a solid sleep. And you know a lot about that, he thought to himself ruefully. Groaning, he dragged his unresponsive body out of his bed and wrapped himself in a comfortable silk robe. Stroking it gently, he smiled. The average Captain of the Guard's wage is quite high anyway, but Nokigon's is higher than most because of the simple fact that he's great at his job. Earlier that year, Nokigon had once single handedly held a tower against marauding hordes of Blood Reavers- and lived to tell the tale. 
A knock on the door interrupted his reminiscences. He turned and called gently "Enter." 
The door opened, revealing Doom. Doom walked in, raising his eyebrows at Nokigon's half naked state. "Lord Gothic Dreson has requested your presence, sir." He looked again at Nokigon. "You might want to get dressed before you go." He murmured. Saluting, he turned and left. But before he reached the door, he was stopped by Nokigon's voice. "Doom?" Doom turned, fighting a grin. 
"Just because you saved my bacon last night doesn't mean that you can cheek me. Now get your sorry hide out of here!" Nokigon couldn't stop himself from smiling. Doom bowed mockingly. "Sir!"
He turned and left, leaving Nokigon to prepare himself for a mental confrontation to the worst Lord in all Tamirin.

Nokigon knelt before the small throne in the great hall, and the not-quite-so great man sitting in the throne.
Gothic was a man who looked as if he had spent his entire life living indoors. Compared to Nokigon's healthy light brown tan, Gothic was a bleached white. His black hair seemed to further emphasise his deathly pallor.
Being a knight, Nokigon had a healthy contempt of cowards and Gothic ticked all the boxes. He had never seen the man ever touch a sword, let alone draw one. His muscles were virtually non-existant and he spent far more time sitting and reading than riding, fighting or doing other activities. And worst of all, the Lord had about as much diplomatic ability as an Orc.He had only gotten his position because he was King Sigurd's cousin.
The man was a living example of why people should not gain titles through their inheritance.
"My Lord." Nokigon, on the other hand, was an expert politician, and he kept all trace of his true feelings from his voice.
"I have called you here for a reason, Nokigon. Rise." Goth's voice was slimy, and nasal. It sent shivers down Nokigon's spine.
"The Circle have sent a message." He looked straight into Nokigon's eyes. "They want you to meet them at the Great Hill by 3 o'Clock. Or they combine their powers and rip Mortifera of the face of this earth."
Nokigon closed his eyes, feeling the horror of the situation. He quietly asked himself the question: "Why me?" And then he mentally slapped himself, and spoke.
"The answer is obvious, my Lord. I will saddle up and ride north immediately."
Gothic nodded, not even bothering to hide his relief. Nokigon knew that the man would've ordered him to go without a moment's thought if he'd thought that he wouldn't have gone by his own choice. His contempt rose. Nokigon bowed, and marched away without bothering to be dismissed.
James Russell View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 15:40
"Just because you saved my bacon last night doesn't mean that you can cheek me."

and

"
the Lord had about as much diplomatic ability as an Orc."

Well done that really amuzed me espically the second quote.

Belthazor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 15:45
Originally posted by Nokigon Nokigon wrote:

Update:

Doom walked in, raising his eyebrows at Nokigon's half naked state.

Is there some hidden story between you and Doom? I sense some sexual tension here... Wink
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 15:48

Originally posted by Belthazor Belthazor wrote:

Originally posted by Nokigon Nokigon wrote:

Update:

Doom walked in, raising his eyebrows at Nokigon's half naked state.

Is there some hidden story between you and Doom? I sense some sexual tension here... Wink

Hey!!!!!Angry I have no hidden stories between me and any man!!
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 17:24
So it's all out in the open then...good to know.
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 17:37
Wait... does everyone now think I'm... gay?

Angry
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 18:47
Update- third in one day. Hell yeah.

Nokigon stormed into the stable, still livid at Gothic's careless behaviour. The man was a selfish, arrogant fool. Nokigon knew that if he'd been asked to go to a possibly fatal meeting to five people who could twist the elements at will, he would be unlikely to agree- and if he did he most certainly would not have agreed so quickly! 
He walked forward a bit more gently now, viewing the beautiful creature that was his horse.
Soderquist was already saddled, thanks to a message sent ahead by a helpful groom. He was a white creature, with flecks of grey. He appeared docile but Nokigon knew first hand that in battle he was as deadly as any weapon or soldier. He was faster than any horse that Nokigon knew. He had cost a pretty penny- Nokigon didn't regret him for a second.
An almost imperceptible sound caused Nokigon to whip around- his soldiering years had made him cautious. Doom was standing by the door, and the look in his eyes made Nokigon know immediately what he wanted.
"No." Nokigon's tone brooked no argument. 
Doom was not put off. "If I don't go then you will be in even more danger than you already are. If you won't let me go with you then I'll just follow from a distance. And I saved your life last night. Have you forgotten so easily?"
Nokigon surveyed his defiant young friend, and knew that he was not to be dissuaded. "Fine. But if I get attacked, you run."
Doom nodded. Nokigon knew that he would immediately disobey this. He sighed, and mounted up. Along with Doom he rode off, out of Mortifera and to the north, where the Great Hill stood.

The great hill is a huge hill that was not quite a mountain, yet really too large to be known as a hill. It was the sight of a great battle- one of King Sigurd's ancestors, King Heforn, and his army had withstood an attack by Dragonkin there. It had been renamed Great Hill in his honour- although the name was not an imaginative one. Nokigon shivered. Although it may just be his imagination, he thought that he could just see five forbidding figures at the peak, one surrounded by fire, one by water, one by howling winds, one by earth and one... one seemed to ripple, as if not really there. Nokigon shook his head to clear it of such fantasies, and without a word, galloped forward. To what may soon be his grave...

A bit of a shorter update this one- not much time. If you want to see anything in my story then send me a message- DON'T post here since it will ruin the surprise for others.
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 19:41
Update:

Nokigon was very nearly at the peak of the Hill. 
He stopped, to allow himself the luxury of thinking for a second. He turned around in his saddle, to view Doom in his own horse. The man was looking grim, but Nokigon could see the slight image of fear hovering around his face.
"There's still time." Nokigon pointed out to Doom. "You can still get out of here."
Doom's face immediately closed. "We've been through this, Nok." And without another word he set his spurs to his horse and charged forward. Nokigon shook his head and rode forward to catch up.
Within seconds, they were facing the Circle of Five.
Shamaster Maldak was an orc that commanded the element that is Fire. The air around him rippled from a heat haze- the man was literally boiling. The Orc had a hard, aggressive look in his eyes.
Geomancer Herrolf was a dwarf- an even shorter one than normal. His eyes, beard and hair were all the exact colour of dirt- his eyebrows mud. The ground he stood on rippled, and shifted.
Enchantress Elissa of the Elves was as beautiful as the sky. Her light blue eyes, framed by her blonde hair, were the exact colour of the morning sky. Her clothes seemed to ripple, as if there was a strong breeze- and there was none.
Archmage Stendas was a seemingly young and innocent looking human, who's eyes were as blue as the deepest ocean. The ground he stood on seemed slightly moist, as after a rain. And there had been none.
Faer Smyss, of the Fey... Nokigon could not see her well enough to describe her. She seemed to ripple- one minute she was like a ghost, the next a Fey. She seemed insubstantial, like a ghost.
The rulers of Fire, Earth, Air, Water and Time. Nokigon felt an urge to fall to his knees and grovel, since he was so inferior to these entities. To fight this urge, he was blunt.
"What do you want from me?" 
Five sets of eyebrows rose. 
"You have passed our tests." Stendas' voice seemed innocent too.
Nokigon stared at him. "What tests?"
"Every attack that you have fought off was a test of your abilities." Elissa's voice was gentle and calming, but Nokigon was not to be calmed.
"You killed hundreds of people to... to TEST ME?!" Nokigon actually shouted the last words- being a Guard, he spent his whole life attempting to stand up against cruelty and abuse. "Why?"
"Because the task we have for you now is an important one." Maldak had a rough voice. "You must destroy a great threat to the Middle Kingdom."
"What threat?" Nokigon asked, confused.
"An army of Blood Reavers is camped in the north. You must wipe them out." This was Herrolf.
"Right. You want me to wipe out an entire army?"
"Yes. You can get help with it." Elissa added with a touch of humour.
Nokigon sighed. "Anything else?"
"Do not take this as a joke. They are a great threat to the world." Smyss' voice was dreamy, yet at the same time firm.
Nokigon looked at her, and she met his gaze. Nokigon nodded, and without another word him and Doom rode away.
Belthazor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 19:51
Nok,mate... You never told me about this pointy ears Elissa... How about telling her to visit Minas Tirith? Wink
Gemley View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 21:25
great!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
  Share Topic