Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe tale of Nokigon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Silent/Steadfast View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 01:58
Nokigon's fighting style has become a lot more showy.  Since when can he backflip while wearing a suit of armor? 
"Semantics are no protection from a 50 Megaton Thermonuclear Stormcrow."-Yggdrassil (June 21, 2011 6:48 PM)
"SCROLL ya donut!" Urgorr The Old (September 1, 2011 4:08 PM)
Gemley View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 03:22
Originally posted by Silent/Steadfast Silent/Steadfast wrote:

Nokigon's fighting style has become a lot more showy.  Since when can he backflip while wearing a suit of armor? 

Plastic Armor?
�I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend� - J.R.R. Tolkien
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Historian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 19:17
Nokigon raised his hand and waved it across his face- instantly, his vision darkened and he could see through the shining white light. His jaw dropped.
The source of the light was a woman, one with perfect white skin, dark blonde hair, full lips and startling blue eyes. She smiled at Nokigon, and then spoke. "Drop your sword, Nokigon Cediris." The voice was quiet, calm and seductive. Nokigon's thoughts blurred, and as if by sorcery his weapon dropped out of his hand. The woman stepped forward. "My name is Quoddy, young knight. Surrender." This time, she spoke to all of the dwarves, not just Nokigon, and with that axes and shields and daggers and all manner of weapons came clattering to the ground. Quoddy stepped forward, hypnotising Nokigon with her calm and challenging stare. She walked to stand directly in front of Nokigon.
"You're a brave man, young knight," said Quoddy. "But now, I am your master... or rather your mistress." She step to the side of him, and began walking around him. "Kneel."
Nokigon's knees began to bend, but his pride fought the influence of Quoddy. She stood directly in front of him, leaning forward until she was millimetres away from Nokigon's face. "Kneel."
Nokigon's mind burned, but he retained some small measure of defiance. Quoddy's eyes narrowed, she leant back and slapped him hard. Then, as Nokigon flinched, her eyes widened in apology and she touched a gentle hand to the red mark. "I'm sorry, Nokigon, that was wrong of me." She gently leant forward, and her lips fastened on Nokigon's.
At this point, Nokigon's mind burned like fire, until suddenly, in his mind he saw clearly Susan's face.
Nokigon's eyes widened, then thrust his hand against Quoddy. She was flung backwards, and as she did so the illusion was broken- Quoddy was revealed to be an orcish woman. She fell backwards against the tower with an ugly thud. She didn't move.
The Kobolds howled in outrage, and the weapons of the party flew back in their hands. But now, without Quoddy's magic interfering, Nokigon could move. The dwarves clasped hands, and they vanished.
Moonlightwalker View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 22:06
wow. 15 pages of non-stop might-and-magic writing. Nokigon, I bow before a master. My sword and shield are at your side. Write on! (all puns intended)
Belthazor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 17:28
And yet NO UPDATES in a bloody month! 

We work in the Dark to serve the Light
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Historian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 09:14
"So what, exactly, are we going to do?"
This question, posed in an irritable voice by one of Ovrim's courtiers, was unfortunately a rather good question. Quoddy was almost certainly alive- sorcerers don't die that easily- and more and more Kobolds were entering Caer Arodd every day. To make matters worse, Quoddy had set up powerful defences around the fortress, and scouts reported around the clock guards patrolling the mighty fortress. The defences were so powerful, nothing from a firebolt to one of Nokigon's mental probes could penetrate the defences.
Whilst on the Dwarven side, many of their best warriors were dea and there were rumours of unrest amongst their soldiers. Nokigon knew he needed to give them a powerful victory.
He just didn't know how.
Around the table, sat a number of courtiers and dwarven officers, as well as Ovrim, Gemley and Nokigon himself. They sat in the Great Hall, where shining axes, swords and crossbows decorated the walls. Huge pillarsheld up the ceiling, and all save the doors were made out of marble. Nokigon's gaze was caught by a large crossbow.
Crossbows....
"Well?"
Nokigon looked up, and made a decision. "Lord Gemley will leave the citadel with 500 men, but will keep up a permanent illusion so that the Kobolds will believe that it is our main force. He wil pillage through the Kobold lands, burning as he goes, until eventually the Kobolds will leave their fortress and attempt to crush him. Lord Gemley will then retreat, and lead the Kobolds into a trap of our own making."
The dwarves nodded appreciatively. It was a good plan- simple but deadly.
"Where shall we set the trap?" asked Ovrim.
Nokigon pursued his lips, then drew his dagger. On the centre of the table was a large map of Tor Carrock. He tapped a point some distance away from the Great Mountain Home.
"Here. -193, -338. At that distance, the Kobolds will be gleeful. They will think that the dwarves are unable to escape- But that's the end of a valley, and in a valley everyone is on their guard. At the end of the valley, they will relax- and then, we will strike. We shall meet them with a hail of arrows, we shall roll rocks down the valley sides- then, we shall join with Lord Gemleys men and we shall cut them to ribbons."

Quoddy stared into her crystal ball, at the top of the keep, attempting as ever to pick up transmissions from the dwarven stronghold. To her surprise, she received one. Such transmissions were rare, but expected. She quickly applied her illusion of beauty, then accepted the transmission.
Inside stared the hungry face of a dwarven warrior. He stared at Quoddy, drinking in the sight, then sighed in bliss.
"My lady," the dwarf said, "I bring news of Nokigon."
Quoddy snarled. Her back was still bruised.
"He plans to send a force of dwarves to pillage the Kobold farms, then to set a trap for the Kobolds that will pursue those forces."
Quoddy rose her eyebrows. Not a bad plan.
"We shall humour him, then. I'll lead the force pursuing the dwarves, but when we reach this place I shall send a spray of fire outwards. They shall be incinerated. Who leads the force of dwarves?"
The dwarf threw back his hood. Quoddy was greeted by an ugly bruise on his forehead, another damaging feature to an already scarred face.
"I am, of course", said Gemley with a smile.
Belthazor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 13:56
I LOVE you.
We work in the Dark to serve the Light
Silent/Steadfast View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 15:21
Dammit Gem!
"Semantics are no protection from a 50 Megaton Thermonuclear Stormcrow."-Yggdrassil (June 21, 2011 6:48 PM)
"SCROLL ya donut!" Urgorr The Old (September 1, 2011 4:08 PM)
Gemley View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 21:26
Originally posted by Silent/Steadfast Silent/Steadfast wrote:

Dammit Gem!

Muhahahaha
�I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend� - J.R.R. Tolkien
Ashtar View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 03:35
OH Gemley -- say it is not so! 
Do not believe what your teacher tells you merely out of respect for the teacher. -
     Buddha
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
  Share Topic