Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe State of the Community

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 16:06
Originally posted by Hora Hora wrote:

I personally never had any problems with any GMs...

Me neither, but like it or not, they are shaping the environment we are called to interact within.

Not having a personal problem with GMs or not being in danger of being banned myself (or so I think, ahahaha Tongue , I do not think that this discussion is going to be very healthy for my future in here ) does not mean that I should not care when other people do have such problems ... if it meant something like that we should stop calling ourselves a "community".

I football a strict ban policy is quite normal... state anything against a referee, and you'll get a warning or even cards... not sure if such would be good in here? Confused

Pay me a pro football players salary and I will put up with any number of referees, arbiters and whatnot ... LOL

Oh, yes, one post in between has been deleted...
GM Luna used to leave notes, so the discussion hasn't a hole in it.

Two were deleted actually ...

Just like a "before and after" ad ! ahahahaah :p
Flavius Aetius View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 16:32
Originally posted by Deranzin Deranzin wrote:

I personally never had any problems with any GMs...

Me neither, but like it or not, they are shaping the environment we are called to interact within.

Not having a personal problem with GMs or not being in danger of being banned myself (or so I think, ahahaha Tongue , I do not think that this discussion is going to be very healthy for my future in here ) does not mean that I should not care when other people do have such problems ... if it meant something like that we should stop calling ourselves a "community".

I football a strict ban policy is quite normal... state anything against a referee, and you'll get a warning or even cards... not sure if such would be good in here? Confused

Pay me a pro football players salary and I will put up with any number of referees, arbiters and whatnot ... LOL

Oh, yes, one post in between has been deleted...
GM Luna used to leave notes, so the discussion hasn't a hole in it.

Two were deleted actually ...

Two were deleted, one of them being mine. One was an aggressive stance on a moderator, the other was mine replying to that. I am not sure how mine warranted removal, since I did not get an explanation why.

I was not largely sympathetic to the other person and her troubles until right about now. The players are expected to follow the code of conduct, I am sure we can all agree on that. But, antagonizing the players does not help anyone.  Remember, the players are the consumers. The players have no obligation to remain loyal to the developers and continue buying their products if they find themselves being antagonized.

Now, I'm not condoning we all start finding loopholes in what to talk about or how to act in GC, the forums or in the game. But, there are also consequences to "unfair" moderations. 
Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 16:37
3 actually - Twisty, Flav and Llwy. Just for clarification because I am pedantic like that. 
Flavius Aetius View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 16:41
Originally posted by Auraya Auraya wrote:

3 actually - Twisty, Flav and Llwy. Just for clarification because I am pedantic like that. 

Your clarification is appreciated. :)
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 16:46
Originally posted by Auraya Auraya wrote:

Yes, apparently I had missed Flavius' post ... sorry for the miscount.

Apart from that :

Originally posted by Flavius Aetius Flavius Aetius wrote:

But, antagonizing the players does not help anyone.  Remember, the players are the consumers. The players have no obligation to remain loyal to the developers and continue buying their products if they find themselves being antagonized.

I definitely do not understand this sudden passion the DEVs exhibit about sticking with the rules, especially over a community that is already quite aggravated with the lack of BL, lack of tournaments and the extremely slow handling of tech/bug petitions ... it is just making people actually angry, instead of simply irked and I cannot understand why they do it ... Cry

Just like a "before and after" ad ! ahahahaah :p
Lwyllyn View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 19:46
GM Rikoo- if you truly believe you are doing the right thing, then why delete an inoffensive post stating my position? A reply would be much better for PR. More mature, too. Also, at least some response to my IGM should be forthcoming.

As for mailing GM Stormcrow- I would love to! But without a player profile, I was unable to contact him in-game. So, if someone would do me a favor, please IGM me and let me know how to get a message to him. Hurry! before this post is deleted, as well!

Yes, the GC community has some issues today. Silencing voices will only exasperate them, and will solve nothing.
Neytiri View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 20:45
Tournament???
"It is well that their bodies know the heat and the cold; it will make them strong warriors and mothers." - Absaroke elder (from Edward S. Curtis's book 'The North American Indian')
Anjire View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 23:02

The Illyriad community is and has been for some time the unwanted step-child for the developers to parade around as an asset and selling point when convenient only to be locked away and isolated in a different part of the house afterwards when inconvenient.  There was a time the devs actually treated the community as an adult engaging and interacting with the community on a regular basis very much like Yoshi-P does with regards to FFXIV.  Unfortunately, a wall was erected at sometime early 2012 that they have reversed their tact and their interaction has been more akin to GhostCrawler(WoW) and his treatment of their community since.  The former is what drew me to Illyriad and the hope that this interaction will be restored kept me involved with the game up till the end of 2013.  The latter is the underlying reason of why I refuse to stick around any longer - my vote of no confidence in the dev team.  

In 2013, the devs pretty much ignored the community giving their attention to their favored sibling AoA.  When they did engage the Illyriad community they did worse then ignore us they turned their back and walked away mid dialogue.  “What additional data after the tournament should be released” is still unresolved - this is not the first time additional data for various tournaments has been discussed only to have the devs walk away.   Another still unresolved dialogue is what should be done with the numerous one square currently unusable lakes/lochs/etc scattered about the map, And of course the appropriately named Broken Lands so hyped in the beginning of the year to be subsequently ignored only to have a carrot on a stick dangled in front of the community in the form of an incomplete map.  A map that they had rendered in a viewable 3D form for almost 8 months prior to its 2D rollout.   

There are a large number of unresolved issues dealing with bug resolution(or lack thereof), multi-accounting, perma-sat accounts, etc... that any number of veteran players can attest to.  For me, the deciding factor in my leaving Illyriad (though truly RL was the biggest factor) is this diametrically opposed treatment of the community.  If we “The community” is as big an asset as you “The Devs” parade it around to be - then I hope you will return to treating it as an adult in the immediate future.  

Sir Bradly View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 00:18
Originally posted by Anjire Anjire wrote:

The Illyriad community is and has been for some time the unwanted step-child for the developers to parade around as an asset and selling point when convenient only to be locked away and isolated in a different part of the house afterwards when inconvenient.  There was a time the devs actually treated the community as an adult engaging and interacting with the community on a regular basis very much like Yoshi-P does with regards to FFXIV.  Unfortunately, a wall was erected at sometime early 2012 that they have reversed their tact and their interaction has been more akin to GhostCrawler(WoW) and his treatment of their community since.  The former is what drew me to Illyriad and the hope that this interaction will be restored kept me involved with the game up till the end of 2013.  The latter is the underlying reason of why I refuse to stick around any longer - my vote of no confidence in the dev team.  

In 2013, the devs pretty much ignored the community giving their attention to their favored sibling AoA.  When they did engage the Illyriad community they did worse then ignore us they turned their back and walked away mid dialogue.  “What additional data after the tournament should be released” is still unresolved - this is not the first time additional data for various tournaments has been discussed only to have the devs walk away.   Another still unresolved dialogue is what should be done with the numerous one square currently unusable lakes/lochs/etc scattered about the map, And of course the appropriately named Broken Lands so hyped in the beginning of the year to be subsequently ignored only to have a carrot on a stick dangled in front of the community in the form of an incomplete map.  A map that they had rendered in a viewable 3D form for almost 8 months prior to its 2D rollout.   

There are a large number of unresolved issues dealing with bug resolution(or lack thereof), multi-accounting, perma-sat accounts, etc... that any number of veteran players can attest to.  For me, the deciding factor in my leaving Illyriad (though truly RL was the biggest factor) is this diametrically opposed treatment of the community.  If we “The community” is as big an asset as you “The Devs” parade it around to be - then I hope you will return to treating it as an adult in the immediate future.  

Well said...
[04:46]<HATHALDIR> okay,I'm a bully
Lwyllyn View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 00:46
Edited: Stop posting private interactions between you and the developers. This is yet another warning. The problem is that you are posting things out of context and only continuing to push an issue that is not really an issue. 

Any further issues can result in the suspension of your forum access.

GM Rikoo

Edited by GM Rikoo - 25 Apr 2014 at 00:57
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic