illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Phalanx [300] declares war on Eagles Eyrie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Phalanx [300] declares war on Eagles Eyrie
    Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 19:57
The Phalanx [300] has declared war on Eagles Eyrie [EE].

The Phalanx does not comment on hostilities in progress. Our reasons are our own. Suffice to say these grievances are strongly held, enough for us to start flinging boulders at cities. If we believed talking could have resolved these problems, we would have pursued diplomacy first.

This conflict is presently contained in scope. The Phalanx does not endorse annihilating accounts or alliances, nor do we endorse excessive reparations or the punitive loss of cities after surrender.

We recognize that bystanders exist in this particular situation. Zero-penalty surrender terms will be extended to a number of Eagles Eyrie players this evening. Leadership players, ranking players, and players involved directly in our grievances will receive our terms in due time. Eagles Eyrie players launching troops at our camps will immediately be regarded as involved in this dispute. If you are not presently entangled in this war, make that choice very carefully.

This forum post constitutes our formal war declaration against Eagles Eyrie. The Phalanx will issue a system-supported war declaration, if (and only if) the Declare War button suits our tactical needs. Eagles Eyrie is free to push the button at their own initiative, risking all the potential consequences of that choice.

Uninvolved parties are politely reminded that discretion is a virtue.

Ten Kulch, Tinkinator, and the 300 team
SOKAPOPIS View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOKAPOPIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 15:41
very nice fumes .
nice words to hide what i would call an unprovoked aggression . 
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 20:25
Originally posted by SOKAPOPIS SOKAPOPIS wrote:

nice words to hide what i would call an unprovoked aggression .

There is really nothing to say. If I believed that words would have resolved this, then I would have privately outlined all our complaints for Hath, and we would have talked it through. Really. The Phalanx does not go to war unprovoked, nor does it go to war for gain, revenge, personal grudges, or gleeful destruction. However, I am not obligated to air all our grievances in a public forum where words can be twisted out of context, and every random Illyrian can nitpick and troll the thread.

Suffice to say this:

There is an existing negative history between EE and the SINdicate. The Phalanx has been convinced, through multiple negative EE incidents against 300, that there are certain hardliners in EE who hold a permanent grudge against anyone in our camp. They are never, ever going to let it drop. EE launched a devastating surprise attack during the server war, and showed no quarter to many of our friends. Because of that precedent (itself needless and destructive), we view the EE actions against 300 as an intention to repeat history. We are not inclined to allow a threat to grow just over the border in Gremont, nor do we intend to forever look over our shoulder for signs of treachery in our own backyard. This is a preemptive strike to clear out specific problem accounts, with all due efforts made to allow innocent bystanders to make a painless exit.

Yes, we targeted Hath in a lightning attack, but as the leader of Eagles Eyrie, we are holding him personally responsible for the actions of his ranking players (past and present). This war is not about punishing anyone or avenging past wrongs. It is a recognition that we will never have regional security while that specific cadre of players is left to fester--players who inflicted grevious harm upon us in the past, who ostensibly moved to Gremont to continue that tension, and who have now taken multiple threatening actions against 300. We will not wait idly until they are presented with an opportune moment to strike.

Those specific players have the option to voluntarily exodus back across the Bitter Sea. We are not interested in destroying accounts or cities, but only in achieving regional security. Any refusal to leave will result in the use of precision force.
SOKAPOPIS View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOKAPOPIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 19:06
If i read you right i can state that you major grievance is that you have been hit during a war . That s at least ridiculous to remain polite . Other than that all i can see is paranoia crisis or simple lies .
There was never ever any threatening action against 300 .
This is pure unprovoked aggression , propaganda wont change that obvious fact .
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gragnog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 19:49
I guess you do not know much of Illy history if you think 300's actions are propaganda and paranoia. Once you actually know what you are talking about perhaps you will better understand the situation. Just because you are new to an alliance does not excuse you for actions that alliance has done in the past. EE was part of the start of a new way of waging war in Illy and now they are paying the price. Past actions of mass destruction are hard to forget, let alone forgive. People left Elgea to get away from those players and start fresh but those destructive alliances decided to follow into BL. Now the tables have turned and you all scream. You sowed the seeds, now reap the hurricane.
Kaggen is my human half
SOKAPOPIS View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOKAPOPIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 22:58
i have told what needed to be told . I wont go further into a convo wich leads nowhere .
Im an adult , i wont go into who knows history and who writes his own version .Would be endless .
You guys have talent to paint the reality but im sure you already know you will never ever convince anyone else than yourselves .
Regards .
im off .
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 03:10

If i read you right i can state that you major grievance is that you have been hit during a war .

Then you read it wrong. Since the founding of 300, EE has wronged us numerous times. We were close to declaring war before the tournament over those problems.

Other than that all i can see is paranoia crisis or simple lies .There was never ever any threatening action against 300 . This is pure unprovoked aggression , propaganda wont change that obvious fact .

That is a lie.

Let's get something straight. My job is to convince my allies, not my enemies. Our comrades and our allies seem pretty convinced. You can say whatever you want on this forum, but that will not affect reality. Second, you can ask any enemy I have fought in the past, or any student I have taught. I am a very fair opponent, and I am not one to attack people unprovoked.

All I see here is an EE Council member writing big checks with his mouth from the safety of Elgea. There are many warriors in this game who would retaliate by targeting more accounts, spreading the fire of war. 300 is not going to do that, no matter how much you insult us. This is a precision action against demonstrated troublemakers (plus Hath), for the purpose of regional security. The only way this conflict will escalate is when people involve themselves in defending the troublemakers. It will be over as soon as they are uprooted and back on their way to Elgea.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 00:40
I am writing this post to document the current state of the EE-300 war.

Five days ago, Hathaldir and I spoke about surrender terms. He asserted that Eagles Eyrie is resolved to return to Elgea, and that it would be nice if they could exodus in peace, without the threat of further attacks. On behalf of The Phalanx [300], I offered the following surrender plan:
  1. Eagles Eyrie will exodus all Broken Lands cities back to Elgea.
  2. Prior to intercontinental exodus, all departing EE cities will be moved into a containment area.
  3. Hostilities would continue uninterrupted until we received a formal surrender that accepts our terms.

The reason for the second term is that we have had problems with defeated opponents honoring the terms of their surrender. Many players try to drag out their departure, trying to stay and escape notice. A few jump alliances or otherwise play political games, trying to dodge their surrender obligations. Moving cities to a vulnerable containment area removes any incentive for the defeated alliance and players to attempt to remain in the contested areas. When a city has been moved once, demolishing all structures to 12, it is much easier for a player to accept moving it a second time.

In 5 days, we have received no further reply to the surrender terms. Hostilities will therefore continue. We want it made clear that we feel the refusal to surrender is pointless and destructive, especially given that EE has agreed to our core demand.

The Phalanx has restrained its sieges to players who sent troops or who were originally classified as troublemakers. Since we have been at war for over a month, the target list is now expanded to all Eagles Eyrie players currently in the Broken Lands. As EE leadership continues to ignore our terms, we will open the door to individual surrenders on 1 September 2017. No gold, supplies, penalty razes, or other burdensome terms will be applied to surrendering players, beyond the two specified above (clump your cities where we instruct, move back to Elgea from there).

Those who do not surrender: may you meet glory upon the field of battle.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 19:28
I am addressing this post directly to the players of Eagles Eyrie.

Two weeks have passed since Hathaldir and I spoke about surrender terms. Since that time, I have repeated our surrender offer (above) for the public record. A few days ago, I confronted Hath in GC, and he again refused to surrender. There is no question that this refusal is based on pride rather than an acknowledgement of battlefield conditions. Your alliance is in full retreat from Gremont. The Phalanx [300] was prepared to accept a surrender two weeks ago, with no further cities razed. This is a list of razed cities that could have been spared by a formal surrender on 21 August:

DamageTrain [EE], 011 Moonglow F
DamageTrain [EE], 012 Cove
DamageTrain [EE], 007 Yew S
Train Wreck [EE], Volatile
Train Wreck [EE], Combative
Train Wreck [EE], Pugnacious
Nordic1 [EE], No.03
Runak [EE], Stropones

Multiple siege operations are currently in progress against more targets.

Our intention was to remove specific troublemakers from Broken Lands. All of those players have now withdrawn from Gremont (and they had better keep moving towards Elgea). Please understand, the rest of of you will continue to be targeted relentlessly as long as there is no formal surrender. Our intention has always been regional security, not wholesale destruction. Therefore, as Eagles Eyrie leadership (meaning Hath and Alyssa) are unwilling to formally surrender, The Phalanx is opening the door to individual surrenders.

Our terms for individual surrenders are as follows:
  1. You agree to move all your Broken Lands cities back to Elgea.
  2. Prior to intercontinental exodus, your cities will be clumped in a containment area.
  3. You leave Eagles Eyrie until your cities have departed Broken Lands.

Cities targeted by current siege operations will not be spared. That just incentivizes opponents to wait until they are besieged to attempt surrender, which wastes our valuable time. Deserters may be hunted down at our option. If you are done fighting and just want to move back to Elgea in peace, I suggest you accept an individual surrender before you are targeted with a siege.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 17:25
Add to the list:

Thingol [EE], Ereagor
Thingol [EE], Siladarren
Thingol [EE], Osgiliath
Thingol [EE], Thingol's Folly
Badmuts [EE], Gremont

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic