Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Phalanx [300] declares war on Aesir [Aesir].
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Phalanx [300] declares war on Aesir [Aesir].

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 13:09
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

The Phalanx [300] declares war on Aesir [Aesir].

Elements of the SINdicate have been at war with Aesir for many months. As those hostilities were an outgrowth of the Silversteel cartel project, The Phalanx did not view itself as involved in that conflict. While [300] applauds such bold initiatives as adding political depth to the game, we don't crash our friends' parties without an invitation. We also hold a dim view of pig pile tactics, and truthfully we felt that Aesir in Broken Lands would not be a challenging opponent.

The political situation has changed due to Aesir actions in Tallimar and Turalia.

During our mobile battle fleet operation in southern Elgea, several Aesir players felt the need to join Unbow, EE, and SAINT in attacking Phalanx beachhead positions. Hucbold in particular took some easy shots at forward positions in exodus cooldown. Malco Dragonblood also attempted sieges within the main fleet cluster. We do not particularly object to these engagements, as proper allies are expected to defend each other in their homelands.

Unfortunately for Aesir, The Phalanx does not tolerate meaningful third party interference in its combat operations. We also don't tolerate hostile clusters in close proximity to Fellandire. As such, Aesir will be removed to a safe distance within the Broken Lands.

Hucbold, what happens now is a direct result of your meddling. We felt that the fate of Eagles Eyrie in Gremont would adequately warn any alliances who might oppose The Phalanx. Clearly we were mistaken. You deliberately involved us in your dispute with other SINdicate alliances; now you get what you get.

Ten Kulch, Tinkinator, and the 300 team

Ten's contributions are always interesting. This one is no different. Let me give you another 'take' on it.

The war in Elgea has not been going the sinners way. Ta2in and SIN have been forced out of western Elgea and Loki only have a few stragglers left there.  To bolster the sinners in the SE, The Phalanx tried to sneak in a beachhead. We noticed this and responded. The Phalanx were forced to retreat. The limit of our propaganda on this was that I made a one sentence announcement in GC that The Phalanx had left Tallimar. GC took it from there. We said nothing when they subsequently left Turalia. Obviously Ten was embarrassed by this and posted in another thread about a tactical retreat and is here declaring war on us.  He obviously needs to reestablish his credentials as a warmonger. Last week we saw a Ta2in outbreak in Ragallon which we weren't expecting - we lost 2 active cities and this week we see The Phalanx sieging our inactives in BL. This is their PR war (aimed mainly at their own side) but its expensive. It is no secret that Aesir have lots on inactive accounts or accounts that are barely ticking over. This is actually a tactical advantage. When they're attacked the troops in these towns, if any,  come into play, killing some of the enemy - otherwise we can't use them at all! We can also decide whether to attack the siegers or not - I spend some time yesterday calculating our rebuild times versus theirs and I'm not dissatisfied. Of course when we lose an active town, we can kick an inactive and replace the lost town as well. We don't regard this war as a sequence of 'notches' to be added to our belts - unlike some of the opposition.

As regards the 'bold initiative' of the SS cartel, I have to laugh. If they had simply moved in on the ss mines, they could have pulled it off. The essence of a cartel is that you control the price by limiting supply - in RL diamonds are a good example. What these guys did was they started blockading individuals who bought/sold ss in the secondary market - product that would have dried up in quick time. The ss thing was not a bold initiative, it was a deliberate provocation (as Roland freely admits) and it worked.

BTW ten, you should ask Malek what we nearly pulled off in Ragallon this week. I know 'nearly' doesn't cut it but it might cause you to revise your manual on 'sally forth'.

I know there will follow the usual barrage of invective and non-responsive comments from 'them' but I look forward to a better and more interesting response from Ten Kulch.

This war is not over.
Tink XX View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink XX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 14:51
Originally posted by Hucbold Hucbold wrote:

To bolster the sinners in the SE, The Phalanx tried to sneak in a beachhead. We noticed this and responded. The Phalanx were forced to retreat.

LOL Yeah, it was your 1-cat sieges on Kopis that delivered the final blow. Would you like a medal for that or will patting yourself on the back do?

Obviously Ten was embarrassed by this and posted in another thread about a tactical retreat and is here declaring war on us.  He obviously needs to reestablish his credentials as a warmonger.

Good job guessing our intentions there Huc! I don't think anybody doubts our credentials as warmongers. The raze score in our 14 vs 200-ish city face off was 1:1. Now we've added 5 of your alliance and are about to add some more. How's that population size working out for ya?

We lost 2 active cities and this week we see The Phalanx sieging our inactives in BL. This is their PR war (aimed mainly at their own side) but its expensive. It is no secret that Aesir have lots on inactive accounts or accounts that are barely ticking over. This is actually a tactical advantage. When they're attacked the troops in these towns, if any,  come into play, killing some of the enemy - otherwise we can't use them at all! We can also decide whether to attack the siegers or not - I spend some time yesterday calculating our rebuild times versus theirs and I'm not dissatisfied. Of course when we lose an active town, we can kick an inactive and replace the lost town as well. We don't regard this war as a sequence of 'notches' to be added to our belts - unlike some of the opposition.

I'm sure your remaining alliance mates fighting in Pawa after your personal "tactical retreat" from Zombietown really appreciate the cheer.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 17:18

We noticed this and responded. The Phalanx were forced to retreat.

Unbow and SAINT noticed that and responded. They put up an excellent fight. The battles were intense, and some of the most enjoyable ones that I have fought in many years. Ultimately they blocked us from carrying out more sieges against EE targets in Tallimar. Given that Unbow/SAINT is densely clustered in the target zone--and understanding that I had miscalculated their activity levels, troop counts, and willingness to engage us--we chose to turn our 14 war wagon flotilla back to home base for the time being. Organized retreat is a part of a good war. Winning everything without surprises or resistance is just boring.

I rather doubt that our military credentials are in question. Very few alliances could pull off a 14 war wagon military expedition to another continent, and then fight effectively for months in enemy territory, over 2000 squares from their core strength. There is a swath of destroyed cities and broken alliances behind us. Losing a single weaponized town is not unexpected in a conflict. War wagons are risked like troops, sometimes perilously so, and occasionally they are destroyed.

You can try to spin things any way you wish, but this is a fact: when 300 began its Elgea incursion, we were not at war with Aesir. We are at war now. You are free to keep making excuses; we will keep making smouldering ruins of Aesir cities.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Sauron View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sauron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 19:41

The war in Elgea has not been going the sinners way. Ta2in and SIN have been forced out of western Elgea and Loki only have a few stragglers left there.  To bolster the sinners in the SE, The Phalanx tried to sneak in a beachhead. We noticed this and responded. The Phalanx were forced to retreat. The limit of our propaganda on this was that I made a one sentence announcement in GC that The Phalanx had left Tallimar. GC took it from there. We said nothing when they subsequently left Turalia. Obviously Ten was embarrassed by this and posted in another thread about a tactical retreat and is here declaring war on us.  He obviously needs to reestablish his credentials as a warmonger. Last week we saw a Ta2in outbreak in Ragallon which we weren't expecting - we lost 2 active cities and this week we see The Phalanx sieging our inactives in BL. This is their PR war (aimed mainly at their own side) but its expensive. It is no secret that Aesir have lots on inactive accounts or accounts that are barely ticking over. This is actually a tactical advantage. When they're attacked the troops in these towns, if any,  come into play, killing some of the enemy - otherwise we can't use them at all! We can also decide whether to attack the siegers or not - I spend some time yesterday calculating our rebuild times versus theirs and I'm not dissatisfied. Of course when we lose an active town, we can kick an inactive and replace the lost town as well. We don't regard this war as a sequence of 'notches' to be added to our belts - unlike some of the opposition.

As regards the 'bold initiative' of the SS cartel, I have to laugh. If they had simply moved in on the ss mines, they could have pulled it off. The essence of a cartel is that you control the price by limiting supply - in RL diamonds are a good example. What these guys did was they started blockading individuals who bought/sold ss in the secondary market - product that would have dried up in quick time. The ss thing was not a bold initiative, it was a deliberate provocation (as Roland freely admits) and it worked.

BTW ten, you should ask Malek what we nearly pulled off in Ragallon this week. I know 'nearly' doesn't cut it but it might cause you to revise your manual on 'sally forth'.

I know there will follow the usual barrage of invective and non-responsive comments from 'them' but I look forward to a better and more interesting response from Ten Kulch.

This war is not over.

how much for 50 hits of whatever you're smoking? bc thats the best hallucinogen ive ever seen.

your meatshields have been pretty much forced out of SE elgea, while you and your 'many venerable and ancient allies' are getting their asses kicked up north in your homeland by a 13 player alliance

the war isn't over yet, but you'll be wishing it was once yall are getting ringed ;)
Malek View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 21:23

Ten's contributions are always interesting. This one is no different. Let me give you another 'take' on it.

This war is not over.

Well, lets have a look at Hucbolds delusions of grandeur this round. 

The war in elgea has been going ALL my way. Now, Aesir have done absolutely nothing in this war yet Hucbold is out here claiming the credit for it all when the only people that have done anything of note have been Unbow. You try to shape the narrative to suit your needs. I have told you point blank and everyone that I am coming to ragallon to say you were not expecting that is just rubbish. Everyone knows I have made a bee line for ragallon, you even packed your belongings and ran as far and as fast as you could like a little girl from us.  
We set up nice and early on one siege so we could draw all of your troops out and all of your allies troops out and still you could not break them. 
In the past week, we have taken 3 active player towns and a mendak town the week before. This is the aesir stronghold the highest concentration of Aesir towns in the whole illy and you cannot break my sieges. Even with help. We had troops attack us from mendaks account, so thats active in my book. 

As for your New special tactic. Its the first life i have seen from aesir since this started, thats why I called it a great trick. Doing a sally to the S siege and then a fake to the NW was neat, but like you said you still lost (think the vin diesel quote from fast and furious). Easy way to counter it, by simply adding one extra clearing attack to however many sieges there are. Whatever you come up with I can counter just as fast. 

so what you are saying is that with lots of inactives, and you still have access to their troops, how are you doing that? smells of multiaccounting to me if you still have access to the plethora of inactive accounts in your alliance that are flatlined. 

Now to the SS thing, we did move on the mines i planned this 2 years ago after the last war to start the cartel. I made the move on the ecrow mine which was protected by kenyl. I attacked it and took it. Told him that it is now mine and that if he continues to attack it I will burn his alliance. He attacked from mcrow, told that useless bastard scott the same thing. he said he would look into it and deal with it and never did anything so i moved on mcrow. You decide to bring Kenyl into Aesir and the first thing he does is attack my troops from aesir. No warnings this time, you clowns knew what you were doing, so forda beer copped it. you and lyken cooked up the move to aesir between you. You tried to push me around like you have done to small players before. Vicero comes to mind and I will ask VTX who the other one was. 

I am in Ragallon now, i have more troops than you all and I make them faster. Ragallon will burn to the ground. I looked at this yesterday and I have my next two stages of the war planned out and I am not dissatisfied with my result.  

I can do all my offensive planning because, none of you have the stones, troops or ability to step foot in kul tar. While you cannot do this, it frees me up to continue to pull aesir down. This way you can run and hide in amongst allies and leave your alliance mates to burn as you are a selfish person who cares more about themselves than the mess you put your alliance in and dragged in other people who will also burn. Good luck Pico 2.0. 

If you want to put me in my place, come down and throw me out of my stronghold. I came to The aesir strongohld and you ran so fast you left smoke in your wake. 

Celebrant View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celebrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 12:32
Malek

My is bigger than yours

Love you all
KarL Aegis View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarL Aegis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 15:42
Originally posted by Celebrant Celebrant wrote:

Malek

My is bigger than yours

Love you all

It was cold that night.
I am not amused.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 03:31
Additional cities razed by The Phalanx [300] with teamwork from our allies:

Aviddriver [Aesir] St Louis
Lisseline [Aesir] Shamash Larsam
NumNum [Aesir] Steel Paw
Surion [Aesir] 04 - Gondolin
Verminae [Aesir] 500
Verminae [Aesir] New Settlement

The first wave of siege operations from 16 January went 5/5.

The second wave of siege operations (this one) from 18 January went 6/6.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
OssianII View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OssianII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 14:48
Originally posted by Celebrant Celebrant wrote:

Malek

My is bigger than yours

Love you all
Mine is bigger than Malek's. Plus when the wind is in the right direction I can reach all the way to BL Clap
“If anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note they’re not, I’d say we were taking the long way around.”
Gimli son of Gloin.
Snagglepuss View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snagglepuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 17:51

This war is not over.

This is without a doubt, the funniest thing I have ever read. Reality check Huc, you can't beat us. Everyone seems to know this, except for you. Of course your alliance is full of inactives or they'd have hung you by now. Keep the home fires burning. The jewlery making continues!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic