Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Phalanx [300] declares war on Aesir [Aesir].
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Phalanx [300] declares war on Aesir [Aesir].

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Phalanx [300] declares war on Aesir [Aesir].
    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 02:06
The Phalanx [300] declares war on Aesir [Aesir].

Elements of the SINdicate have been at war with Aesir for many months. As those hostilities were an outgrowth of the Silversteel cartel project, The Phalanx did not view itself as involved in that conflict. While [300] applauds such bold initiatives as adding political depth to the game, we don't crash our friends' parties without an invitation. We also hold a dim view of pig pile tactics, and truthfully we felt that Aesir in Broken Lands would not be a challenging opponent.

The political situation has changed due to Aesir actions in Tallimar and Turalia.

During our mobile battle fleet operation in southern Elgea, several Aesir players felt the need to join Unbow, EE, and SAINT in attacking Phalanx beachhead positions. Hucbold in particular took some easy shots at forward positions in exodus cooldown. Malco Dragonblood also attempted sieges within the main fleet cluster. We do not particularly object to these engagements, as proper allies are expected to defend each other in their homelands.

Unfortunately for Aesir, The Phalanx does not tolerate meaningful third party interference in its combat operations. We also don't tolerate hostile clusters in close proximity to Fellandire. As such, Aesir will be removed to a safe distance within the Broken Lands.

Hucbold, what happens now is a direct result of your meddling. We felt that the fate of Eagles Eyrie in Gremont would adequately warn any alliances who might oppose The Phalanx. Clearly we were mistaken. You deliberately involved us in your dispute with other SINdicate alliances; now you get what you get.

Ten Kulch, Tinkinator, and the 300 team
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 02:16
Initial Aesir cities razed:

The Peacekeeper [Aesir] Normality
Filious [Aesir] New Settlement
Filious [Aesir] What the Hell
NumNum [Aesir] Under's Nitch
Kyruuk [Aesir] Bone
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 03:43
Now I understand the earlier confusion in GC. I forgot the standard legalese:

This forum post constitutes our formal war declaration against Aesir. The Phalanx will issue a system-supported war declaration, if (and only if) the Declare War button suits our tactical needs. Aesir is free to push the button at their own initiative, risking all the potential consequences of that choice.

Apologies for not making that clear.
Bill Cipher View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 04:37
Wait,

This "war" hasn't been completely declared yet called war declaration?
d-a-r-o-r-w-o pb wlph kdv frph wr exuq. l lqyrnh wkh dqflhqw srzhu wkdw l pdb uhwxuq
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 05:56
Bill, your own alliance sent dozens of attacks against [300] cities without declaring war.

In greeting cards and war, it's the thought that counts. Pushing the system button is a purely tactical decision.
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 08:57
I thought the point of greetings cards was to show that you put very little thought into something... same with gift cards... tbh, cards of all kind suck. 
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 09:48
It is the lack of effort and thought behind the selection of the card that sucks.

I used to send individually selected cards to those they made me think of at random times through the year (but never on holidays/birthdays). I was always thanked profusely for my efforts and thoughts.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 11:10
So are you guys saying that war isn't like greeting cards? Or are you guys suggesting that I randomly surprise people with sieges throughout the year whenever I think about them. I'm cool with either interpretation of metaphor abuse, but I foresee a lot of whining over approach #2.

Yitshak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yitshak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 11:19
A greeting card for war - lol. How would that read ?

Perhaps "Wishing you a happy war, may you have many casualties"

But I do totally get Ten Kulch's decision to push - or not push - the button. Yellow is the new red isn't it ?
Remember to be nice to the squirrel.
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 11:27
I have never received a random greetings card... I suppose one like that would be more appreciated than one due to an event of some sort.

If we continue with the metaphor, maybe you should declare war unexpectedly for no apparent reason for the best results? Kind of like how I did with bob diamond and STFU.

To explain SIN's negative reaction to the STFU thing, imagine if you received a random greetings card from someone you didn't like... you'd probably be a bit weirded out by it which could cause a negative reaction.

I imagine sieges act more like money inside a greetings card. It is often remembered more than the greetings card itself and you don't always receive them together. 

Edited by eowan the short - 18 Jan 2018 at 11:30
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic