Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Pandacrow and Froglet Tavern
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Pandacrow and Froglet Tavern

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Avatar

Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 523
Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Pandacrow and Froglet Tavern
    Posted: 04 May 2012 at 13:45
You are about to enter The Traveler's Tale when you notice an entrance which you are certain wasn't there before. Curious, you step through and wander down a dark, damp alleyway and hold your nose against the vile stench of sewage. When you reach the end of the passage, a huge mahogany door looms over you and inscribed on a ridiculously large brass doorknob is the following:

The Pandacrow and Froglet Tavern welcomes you, stranger.
Enter, drink, dance and feast inside it's glorious chamber.

You probably shouldn't go in. You really shouldn't. Knowing this, you push the door open and peer into the perpetual gloom. As your eyes adjust, you are surprised to see a very grand and well stocked bar. The tables and chairs are in the same style as the door and polished to perfection with plush velvet seats of deep red. 

The occupants are an eclectic mix of races - there's even what appears to be a harpy playing poker with a dragon in an alcove at the back. The barmaid, a young elven woman wearing a dress made from the same velvet as the chair, looks you up and down then goes back to counting her coins, uninterested. 

You could order a drink, you could try asking the harpy about this place or you could turn around and walk back the way you came. Which would you like to do?

[OOC: Anyone may join in, you can be as descriptive as you like or simply pick an option but please eventually travel down one of the given paths - I'll create all the options, all you have to do is decide which one. If you wish to create you own character and add a sub-plot, please PM me with your idea so I can work it into the main plot. Thank you!] 


Edited by Auraya - 04 May 2012 at 22:36
Back to Top
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Avatar
Player Council - Geographer

Joined: 17 Jun 2011
Location: California
Status: Offline
Points: 6813
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 17:14
You order a Flaming Guzzler from the menu, looking nervously at the dragon and hoping that they're not serious about the flaming part.  As the barmaid walks away she turns back and glances flirtatiously in your direction.  You wonder if you should wink.
Back to Top
Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Avatar

Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 523
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 18:34
When the barmaid returns, she flashes you a smile revealing a set of revoulting teeth, rife with decay. You stifle a scream and force yourself to smile back, very glad you have a drink in your hand. You drink it quickly, relishing the burn in your throat as it goes down and decide now would be a very good time to escape this place. 

You walk to the door.. or where the door used to be. In it's place is a message written in a deep crimson liquid which you sincerely hope isn't blood:

Here within our glorious tavern,
Lies a hidden, secret cavern. 
It is there that you will find,
The way to leave this place behind.


You look around but there doesn't appear to be any way out. You can ask the barmaid what is going on, talk to the harpy or look around by yourself. Which do you choose?
Back to Top
Captain Ganoes Paran View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith
Avatar

Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 158
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 19:37
you read the message again and again while trying to find the door , but in the end you give up 
and walk across the tavern to the alcove in the back , you leave a safe distance from the dragon and
walk towards the harpy 
Back to Top
Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Avatar

Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 523
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 21:10
Hearing your approach, the harpy turns to you and shrieks. Startled, you jump back and apologise but notice that whilst she is definitely half-woman and half-eagle, she appears to have the legs of a giant frog. Her attention turns back to the game as she wins a hand and you edge a little closer. Unnerved and with a very strained voice, you ask "Excuse me, miss. I was, er.. I mean, do you, um.. what is this place?" 

She turns back and whilst her eyes retain their predatory quality, there is a gentle tenderness in her voice "This is the Pandacrow and Eaglet Tavern, established in 1532."

"Yes, I know," you say, "but this wasn't here before! It just appeared today and I tried to go but the door is gone and there's no way out. I want to go home!"

The second the words are out, you realise how childish you sound and notice that your eyes are beginning to well. Ashamed, you wipe your eyes and compose yourself. The harpy considers you a moment before replying. "This is your home now. Nobody leaves. We all belong here - the tavern only appears to those who need her."

Frustrated, you decide you are not going to get anything useful here and walk back to the bar. You order another Flaming Guzzler and ponder your next move. 

You can try talking to the barmaid or look around by yourself. Which do you choose?
Back to Top
Captain Ganoes Paran View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith
Avatar

Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 158
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 21:39
You finish your drink while looking to the rest of the strange occupants of the tavern and deside to ask someone less scary so you turn around to look at the waitress cleaning some bottles 
"i'm sorry miss , can i ask you something ?  "
Back to Top
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2011
Location: Oarnamly
Status: Offline
Points: 1842
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 01:06
She laughs. "You are far too inquisitive for a hooman. What can I help you with?"
There is a moment of silence, in which it turns out all the patrons of the tavern participate. Everyone has stopped to watch you.

There are all sorts of beings in this tavern. Humans, Dwarves, an Elf alone in the corner and even a small group of Nymphs flirting with a couple of Orcs at the bar. Each of them paused to wait for you to ask your question.

"Am I dead?"
"No, silly. You are being born."

Edited by abstractdream - 07 May 2012 at 21:05
Bonfyr Verboo
Back to Top
Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Avatar

Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 523
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 22:15
You stand perplexed at the bar, feeling a tad self conscious. Attempting to compose yourself, you whisper the next thing on your mind, "Where can I find the cavern? The one which will give me the answer, the one that is written"

Your voice shakes as you speak and you notice you've grasped the bar stool so tightly, your knuckles have lost their colour. It seems like an eternity before the barmaid speaks and when she does, your heart sinks. "If I knew that, do you think I would still be here?" she whispers back, a tear gently rolling down her cheek.

Her words stun as you realise that she's not part of the tavern, she's just another victim. You have to look for clues but have no idea what you're looking for. It is now clear the inhabitants are not going to be any use so you begin to examine the architecture, drawing a rough blueprint on a handy beer mat. It is not until you have finished, you realise what you have drawn is different to what your eyes show you. On your drawing, there are 3 exits! 

The first is where the entrance was and you decide there's no going back that way. The second is on the wall behind where a dwarf is lying in a drunken stupor, snuggling a sinister looking battleaxe. The third seems to be a trapdoor underneath the dragon. 

You can try to move the dwarf or the dragon. Which do you choose?

[OOC: I'll be away for the next few days so I might not get chance to write the next installment. I'll try to check in on my phone but my apologies for any delay. Hope you're all enjoying things so far!]


Edited by Auraya - 07 May 2012 at 22:17
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.