illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Horror Has Stirred (May-2019)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 06:21
After a comment by Snagglepuss in GC I decided to see what happens if you send trade units to corrupted squares. Since I had some un-needed cotters in my alts town as well as some miners and vans I used that as the base of operations. Below are the messages I got.
  • Cotters to corrupted sq with harvestable items - As your trade mission from New Settlement moves deeper into Melder territory, the vegetation becomes twisted, wildlife scarce. As your traders approach -991|-826 in Kumala they can see trees twisted out of shape, their trunks split by fungal growths which have erupted from within, and dark vines strangling their branches. It seems that the creepers ensnaring the trees are moving slowly, perhaps blown by the wind. Or perhaps it is not the wind.

Your units press on, moving closer to their destination. But you hear no more from them.

Your traders have vanished without a trace.

Rumour reports that after your units disappeared in the Corrupted Lands, more land became twisted and dark. Verdant jungle has become infested with putrid fungus and dark creepers, as though the destruction of your forces had fuelled the spread of the corruption to nearby lands.
  • Caravans to corrupted sq with no harvestable items - Caravans from New Settlement, belonging to TenScript arrived to gather Resources at -991|-825 but found the resources were no longer there, and so are returning home.
  • Caravans to corrupted sq with harvestable items - Caravans from New Settlement, belonging to TenScript are gathering Stone at -995|-829
  • Miner to corrupted sq with no harvestable items - As your trade mission from New Settlement moves deeper into Melder territory, the vegetation becomes twisted, wildlife scarce. As your traders approach -992|-824 in Kumala they can see trees twisted out of shape, their trunks split by fungal growths which have erupted from within, and dark vines strangling their branches. It seems that the creepers ensnaring the trees are moving slowly, perhaps blown by the wind. Or perhaps it is not the wind.

Your units press on, moving closer to their destination. But you hear no more from them.

Rumour reports that after your units disappeared in the Corrupted Lands, more land became twisted and dark. Verdant jungle has become infested with putrid fungus and dark creepers, as though the destruction of your forces had fuelled the spread of the corruption to nearby lands.
  • Cotter to corrupted sq with no harvestable items - As your trade mission from New Settlement moves deeper into Melder territory, the vegetation becomes twisted, wildlife scarce. As your traders approach -997|-824 in Kumala they can see trees twisted out of shape, their trunks split by fungal growths which have erupted from within, and dark vines strangling their branches. It seems that the creepers ensnaring the trees are moving slowly, perhaps blown by the wind. Or perhaps it is not the wind.

In summary it seems that apart from caravans you get the same message from sending harvesting units to a corrupted sq regardless of there being any harvestable items present. Whether these actually contribute to the number of corrupted sqs or not I dont know and will leave up to the experts. However if it does up the number of corrupted sqs then sending single cotters to a corrupted sq may well be a good way to give Audrey a bit of a kick start.

Tens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic