illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Horror Has Stirred (May-2019)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Horror Has Stirred (May-2019)
    Posted: 25 May 2019 at 17:08
Greetings experienced mystery adventurers!

Looks like the Heart of Corruption has wrapped up activity for May 2019.  The temples are no longer corrupted and the tentacle droppers are finishing up their work.  I didn't see anything in the chats that indicated a change with the percentage of attacks that generate tentacles (still about 5%).

Did anyone receive this Old Crone message on this go around as of yet?  May I speculate that this message comes only once on your journey to solve the quest?  Is it once per player, or once per town?  I did not receive this expected message and its warning not to be foolish.

An old crone arrives at the doors of ******.

Into the Gatekeepers' hand she presses a small piece of parchment that reads:

"The Horror has stirred; and the fools continue to feed it - making your task ahead more arduous. You've spoken with the Ancient Dwarven warriors, and you've made your choice to stand in opposition.

Once it is sated, the next phase will begin.

You have only a few scant hours of preparation time left. If you're not well prepared to defend your city against the corruption, this could prove disastrous.

I wish you luck, ******. Stand firm. And if you cannot stand firm, then die well."

As swiftly as she arrived, she is gone.

We are into the third quarter moon phase as of this writing.  I hope more is coming once we get into the new moon phase.  

Please post your updates here.  I'd like this thread to focus on the efforts of those that are currently with all required tentacles and have sent messengers to Duraz Karag.  Anyone with incoming of the swift and/or ruinous nature can plea for help if any time remains!

If you are still collecting/trading tentacles then I suggest you continue your journey here: https://forum.illyriad.co.uk/the-greatest-quest-on-illyriad_topic5771_post77613.html
Asvenger View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 23:11
Wartow - thanks for leading the way on the mystery. I have two quest towns. One got the Duraz Karag "Your diplomat walks .." message in Jan 2019, the other got the Duraz Karag message in May 2019 after the Heart started beating. Both towns have the tentacles stored in vaults. I have not received the Old Crone message yet.
Yitshak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yitshak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 21:56
Nope - not had that message yet, waiting....
Remember to be nice to the squirrel.
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 09:11
I got the crone message this time around too.
I also got it previously in a different town.
So your theory about one per account is off I should think. One per ton is more likely.

I've been holding back but I may kick off and do the next phase soon.

PublicRelations
HumanResources
zolvon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolvon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 09:39
Also remember that things are research related, and they keep adding more to the tech tree's.

The fortune teller messages change when all research in a town is complete.

So that may be one of the boxes needed to be ticked (all research complete) along with, maybe...

Vault at lvl 20?

Have thieves present?

Surround town with armies?

Send something some where ???

I dunno :-)
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 13:54
Originally posted by zolvon zolvon wrote:

Also remember that things are research related, and they keep adding more to the tech tree's.

The DEVS previously stated that the "new" research will not alter the ability to progress on this quest.  I think there is still an open question as to how much, and what, research must be completed prior to being able to move forward.  The fortune tellers will probably let you know when you've done enough, I think as a community we've decided that it all must be complete because that is where we all end up in the long run.

Definition of "new" research:
Remember that the crone visits multiple times.  Once to tell you about the tentacle collection and another that the "horror has stirred".  I want confirmation that the "horror has stirred" message has been delivered during this activation of the HoC.  My suspicion is that if you received this message from a previous activation that you will NOT receive it again.  

We await the new moon... and your updates!

Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 15:56
I wonder if Swift and Ruinous had the wrong coordinates for my cities?  I can generate Master-Crafted Chainmail messages from the Fortune Teller but I get no further Crone visit and neither does a messenger to the Duraz Karag generate what one would expect with the required tentacles assembled.  

All dead air here...  
Asvenger View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 03:46
Silence for me too. I'm thinking the last chance this round is the next full moon. I don't recall any discussion of whether group action needed to kickstart the "horror has stirred" message. I'm going to resend diplos from quest towns to the Heart, Duraz Karag and fortune tellers. 
Ryklaw View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryklaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 03:05
As one who succeeded in getting a response (many years ago) that resulted in the vines growing outside my city, I am sure that this quest is broken. In 2017 I sent a support petition outlining the proof that this quest was broken. (I am accustomed to my petitions being ignored with the oldest petition dating back to 2015.) 

I am glad to see people with an interest in this quest. But I am sorry to say, that I have completed the known portion of the quest every time possible. Only the first time did it progress properly with myself and others failing to properly safeguard the tentacles and having the growth outside the city. 

Since the quest is broken, it is unknown what is the status of cities who had tried before and failed. Likewise what is the status of the cities who have tried since then and the system is broken?

I do not want to discourage people from trying to solve this quest or any of the many others which are still unsolved, but I do want people to know it is not their fault that they do not get a response. Many of us are doing the right thing to no avail. Maybe someday somebody will acknowledge that some parts of this great game are simply broken.
Finishing the Race!
II Tim 4:7,8
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:58
Originally posted by Ryklaw Ryklaw wrote:

As one who succeeded in getting a response (many years ago) that resulted in the vines growing outside my city, I am sure that this quest is broken. In 2017 I sent a support petition outlining the proof that this quest was broken. (I am accustomed to my petitions being ignored with the oldest petition dating back to 2015.) 

I am glad to see people with an interest in this quest. But I am sorry to say, that I have completed the known portion of the quest every time possible. Only the first time did it progress properly with myself and others failing to properly safeguard the tentacles and having the growth outside the city. 

Since the quest is broken, it is unknown what is the status of cities who had tried before and failed. Likewise what is the status of the cities who have tried since then and the system is broken?

I do not want to discourage people from trying to solve this quest or any of the many others which are still unsolved, but I do want people to know it is not their fault that they do not get a response. Many of us are doing the right thing to no avail. Maybe someday somebody will acknowledge that some parts of this great game are simply broken.

It is easy to get the feeling that Ryklaw experienced...  At this point I can generate the fortune teller message but the old crone won't visit any more.  The messages I get from sending a messenger to Duraz Karag isn't the same... And as I mentioned "the horror has stirred" message never came this go around.  

I think there are a few explanations which make me think things aren't broken:

(1) I believe there is a maximum number of cities which can be actively participating in the quest.  I think that number is five.  Once I got visits from the crone in five different cities, along with visit Duraz Karag, I cannot get her to visit any more.

(2) "The horror has stirred" message may only come the first time you have advanced to that stage in the quest.  Remember when this mystery was first implemented that the Heart of Corruption was active for just a few days, perhaps the length of a moon phase, and there was not anticipation that players would attempt the solution from multiple cities simultaneously.  

(3) Why didn't the signs of failure appear the last time the Heart of Corrupt was active?  I propose that at least one player advanced further than has been accomplished previously and doing so didn't result cascading failure to those who did not make progress.  Perhaps this was an implementation to keep sprawling corrupted squares from taking over the map.  For this I am appreciative.  I'd hate to exo multiple cities. 

Just my thoughts... I have not completed this mystery and if I'm withholding anything it is other crazy conjectures that I'm trying to see what works.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic