Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The History of Illyriad (incomplete)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumomoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 14:59
Yeah. The end of the H?/Dlords/Ni vs. White/Black/MK war could be a bit flushed out. Nok-- if you need more info feel free to reach out to me. Basically, MK joined White and Black against H? and Dlords and Ni joined H?...
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Historian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nokigon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 17:30
Originally posted by SugarFree SugarFree wrote:

what about MK i have heard  about and this the_dude?
Damn it, I knew I'd forgotten something. Thanks for the criticisms all, this is just the 2010 section but it's really useful to know your opinions.
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nokigon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 17:32
Originally posted by HonoredMule HonoredMule wrote:

That's a good read.  I think some key details/sense of timeline are missing (i.e. Harmless built a super-cluster early on that helped us coordinate very tightly; Diablito's biggest beef was allegedly that Naive was negotiating with him/listening to him brag at the same time as Mars was taunting him, though it was more like banter than taunting; siege engines came much sooner than siege operations and some interesting warfare occurred during this interim; a lot transpired between the destruction of Gay Paris and the destruction of LC's capital, such as White partnering with another alliance through one leader deceiving his members and fellow leadership into emnity with us, gunning for Braque in the south, and Harmless slowly chipping away at White clusters in the north; and just before White collapsed DLord and Knights who say Ni joined with us).  But there were also some details even I had forgotten.

It would be nice to see all this historical data compiled onto the wiki so it can be expanded with what everyone remembers and maintained.  (Elgea:History should be the starting point.)  It would be especially awesome to have all the major events compiled into a timeline, and once started, future expansion would be more detailed due to better turnaround time from event to recording of event.
Cheers HM- this is probably the most useful comment, plus it has one of the longest brackets I've ever seen ;-). I'll try to ensure I put all the info in that you've provided, and I'llprobably contact either you, Kumo or maybe KP in the future.
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geofrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 18:05
...And then Geofrey was born. 
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 20:26
Good read.
Vet's should be encouraged to post (here or wherever) their own "stories" as HM suggested. Many newbs (myself :) are interested in these and other stories, histories, time lines etc. This sort of thing gives Illy a depth beyond what comes out of a box when we buy a new game. Joining a community like this and having access to the history (only 2 years, but what a history) strengthens the connection one feels as time goes on. I came to play, but after a few weeks I began to realize there is so much more to Illy than "play." It's this rich history that draws me in, making me want to connect in a way that is new to my experiences with "gaming."
IMHO :D
Bonfyr Verboo
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 04:04
Just FYI re the first paragraphs. Several players of H? are also Eve Online players (myself for one).

"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nokigon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 19:50
I've added Medieval Knights to the main section.
Annibal FW View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annibal FW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 09:43
great read noki thanks for that. it helps a player understand old grudges and ancient friendships, and how the illy that we know was formed.
nice one
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nokigon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 10:25
I have added the King's First Tournament
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HonoredMule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 13:43
I believe the position you stated for Harmless' victory obelisk is correct, but it's worth noting that it can no longer be seen there.
"Apparently, quoting me is a 'thing' now."
- HonoredMule
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic