illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Greatest Quest on Illyriad!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 343536
Author
Wartow View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 hours 2 minutes ago at 15:40
Originally posted by Alcie Alcie wrote:

That's actually a good question. My city certainly didn't have a vault. Vaults were very unpopular back then.. not sure if anyone thought to put one in their crafting city or not--most of us were more thinking about defense against monstrous armies at the time rather than the tentacles escaping.

My thought on "swift and ruinous" are the corrupted that are immediately returned once Audrey begins beating.  We've picked up on the fact that you only need to send one harvester/diplo/van/army man to get your 5% chance of winning the tentacle lottery so no one has sent a large number which would generate a large return.  The single corrupted attacks, for the most part, just bounce off of our city walls and the good sanitation folks carry the carcass off to the incinerator.  I'm leaning against the encampment or blockade idea as being necessary to retain the tentacles from escaping.

I'm trying to organize potential factors to help identify the one(s) that we are missing to progress in this quest.  I'll release the data to participants who complete my survey heading into the next Audrey awakening.  
Here are the factors I've got so far, please feel free to add any thoughts and I'll try to incorporate them in my survey:
  • Is a level 20 vault present in the city?
  • Is there a level 20 specialty crafting building (Orc - Swordsmith, Elf - Bowyer,  Human - Chain Armorer, Dwarf - Plate Armourer) in the city?
  • Is the city built to completion (all structures and wall at level 20)?
  • Is the city surrounded by encampments?
  • Is the city surrounded by a military blockade?
  • Is there direct reinforcement of the city?
    • If using encampments, blockades, reinforcement, what races are present?
  • Is the city surrounded by sov claims?
  • What did you send to help awaken Audrey?
  • What did you send to participate in the tentacle lottery while Audrey was awake?
How about the moon?  Is there anything else related to the moon that we should try?  Does the Duraz or Fortune Teller visit depend on the phase of the moon? 

Do we know who is at this stage so we can try to reach out and encourage participation?

Thanks!
Jamie View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 35 minutes ago at 18:07
The greatest quest ? ok
To go north, you must go south. To reach the west, you must go east. To go forward you must go back, and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow     
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 343536
  Share Topic