illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Greatest Quest on Illyriad!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 35363738>
Author
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 15:40

Just the temples left to corrupt.  Anecdotal evidence is that the final three take the largest numbers of troops/diplos.  Is there any truth to the speculation that all three temples will corrupt at the same time when Audrey awakens?

I don't believe activation of the HoC is related to any lunar phase.  I believe that also holds when she stops (21 days?).  The visits by the crone and attempts of the tentacles escaping do follow moon cycles.  The crone comes first and the tentacles attempt to escape two weeks later.

Good luck to those who continue to pursue this discovery and to those just starting be sure hit those corrupted temples and collect as many tentacles as possible.  The community especially needs more orc and dorf tentacles!

Send me an IGM if you have MULTIPLE CITIES prepared (5 tentacles, crone, messenger to Duraz) for this next awakening.  I think there may be a maximum number of cities that the crone will visit (with the message about the five tentacles per race) for a single player.  I was hoping to do more for the sake of experimentation but the crone has checked out on me.  I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had a similar experience.
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 17:35
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

The old crone's "scant hours" quote was written back when the HoC was on a 3-day heartbeat cycle, and we hadn't adjusted the text for the increased cycle.  I'll make sure the text gets adjusted (and the day it's sent also) for the next time around.

Best,

SC

Status?
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 19:08
mmh! nice to know that GM Stormcrow keeps a look on the state of affairs…

However it seems the last awakening of the Heart of Corruption didn't work as the previous ones: as far as I know, no city, even if ready for the 'last step', experienced the tentacles escape nor the attack to be fended off...

Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 02:08
Originally posted by Hopper Hopper wrote:

mmh! nice to know that GM Stormcrow keeps a look on the state of affairs…

However it seems the last awakening of the Heart of Corruption didn't work as the previous ones: as far as I know, no city, even if ready for the 'last step', experienced the tentacles escape nor the attack to be fended off...

Anyone have more than five of each tentacles in a city?

Can anyone get the old crone to visit?
Asvenger View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 05:06
nothing. she stayed home. filled my vaults with turnips instead. Linus in the pumpkin patch again
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 13:02
Anyone who has gathered five tentacles of each for the first time is welcome to contact me for advice on how to proceed.  I wonder if a few of us vets have had too much failure?  Our "reputation" was at stake and we failed.  
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 14:25
Do you suspect that tentacles need to be 'freshly' acquired to trigger the escape procedure to last step of the discovery?

Would it make sense, given the sort time to get the necessary items! (your own racial, then trade with other races?!)
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 01:55
Originally posted by Hopper Hopper wrote:

Do you suspect that tentacles need to be 'freshly' acquired to trigger the escape procedure to last step of the discovery?

Would it make sense, given the sort time to get the necessary items! (your own racial, then trade with other races?!)

My thoughts at this point:

(1) If a city has failed the quest then it can never complete it successfully.  Are players attempting the quest for the first time, that is having 5 tentacles of each race prior to Audrey's awakening, are these players receiving the usual messages that have been already documented?

(2) Perhaps more than 5 of each race is needed to improve chance of success?  The message does say "at least" five of each race.

DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 10:23
Okay guys, I'm ready!
2 towns are prepared with 5x of each tentacle.
I am going to send messengers to Duraz Karag. Should I do so before Audrey starts beating, or After she starts beating next time?

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 21:23
Originally posted by DeliciousJosh DeliciousJosh wrote:

Okay guys, I'm ready!
2 towns are prepared with 5x of each tentacle.
I am going to send messengers to Duraz Karag. Should I do so before Audrey starts beating, or After she starts beating next time?
Have to hit the fortune teller first.  She will tell you when and where to hit Duraz Karag.  Do this immediately following the visit of the old crone.

Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 35363738>
  Share Topic