illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Greatest Quest on Illyriad!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 35>
Author
Lagavulin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lagavulin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 22:01
Then my question is:  What is happening with this quest?  Is it working properly and Epi et al have just not understood something or is is broken and going to be fixed?  Or broken and no fix planned?

All that is needed to satisfy most of us is a statement that the Quest is working properly.  Or its not and steps are being taken.  Or some other definite statement.
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 22:45
Originally posted by Epidemic Epidemic wrote:

I could care less about condolences, especially from the likes of someone like you, so keep the insults to yourself.
if i offered condolences, it was completely unintentional. if you were insulted by what i said...it's my assessment, you can disregard it if you like or read again what you posted and consider if it's really appropriate. i am mildly curious about the characteristics of "someone like me", but i suppose you'd better keep that to igm (for fear of the ban threats, etc...you know...).

I guess one is considered offensive if one gets upset because one spends around 2 years trying to solve a mystery that the game makers haven't finished yet and haven't given an explanation why.
no, that was the self-pitying part. i allow that you have sometimes been the victim of persecution. that doesn't excuse your tendency to paint yourself as one when you're not. it's not as though everyone else got the answer and you were left off the list. if you've already determined that the game makers haven't finished the mystery (as you state above), then you have no need of GM Rikoo's answer and have nothing to do until an announcement is made. if you haven't, then you're simply slinging accusations to provoke a response, which is pretty poor form. worse things have been said here, but if you're going to throw your tantrum in public then you invite the public to comment.

Alcie View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alcie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 23:49
Sorry to double post, but wanted to put the new message close to the old ones which Epidemic recently put together on page 5 of this thread. http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/player-tournament-dont-get-eaten_topic5767_page21.html is the original post.

An ashen-faced quartermaster reports in at Fry
Sent By:     System
Received By:     Alcie [Roads]
Date:     22 Oct 2014 22:28
Your quartermaster knocks quietly at the door of your study.

He looks perturbed, and you beckon him to speak.

"My liege... I don't know how to put this.

I know you entrusted us to protect those foul and corrupted tentacles deep within the city stores - a task we have not taken lightly.

However, my liege, they're... they're gone. Vanished."

He takes you to the stores to show you, and gestures to the once sturdy but now partially broken glass jars that held each tentacle in preserving fluid.

"See? They've been taken. We've searched the entire area, but it's been more difficult than expected to see anything at this late hour - the thief must've planned this for the New Moon tonight!"

The quartermaster continues to talk as you survey the area - but a sudden chill runs down your spine as you realise that the way the shattered fragments of glass have fallen would suggest that they were shattered from the inside of the jar.

"Anyway", says the quartermaster, "We'll continue our search through the night and at first light tomorrow, though, don't you worry - the entire guard is out looking for this foolish thief!"

You return to your study, deep in thought.

Edited by Alcie - 22 Oct 2014 at 23:54
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 00:57
What difference the new moon would make when the town is enshrouded in fog?
But the point is that something will now happen soon.
October 31st anyone?
All Hallows Eve.
jordigui View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordigui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 00:58
Well, hope there is time to send the reinforcements back ...
Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Epidemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 04:37
See what happens when I voice my anger in the forums...Now we have a new message, possibly clue to ponder.

My best guesses are once the corrupted units return to Audrey she'll attack and it'll be swift and ruinous or the FT lied the whole time and I have to track her down and slaughter her to get the 3rd crafting research or another clue that'll show me how to find the research.

Where is the FT tonight and has anybody spotted corrupted units on the map walking back to Audrey?
jordigui View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordigui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 20:03
ummm, any news?
Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Epidemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 19:26
No news to report...
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 03:02

See what happens when I voice my anger in the forums...
/me squints.

no.
Alcie View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alcie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 02:06

When this is all done, one of us really has to make a guide with everything important in one place and links to the 50 forumns about this.

anyways, full moon made new things happen! I posted the full email here:   New Message

Edited by Alcie - 06 Nov 2014 at 02:08
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 35>
  Share Topic