illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Elgean Alliance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Fanuidhol View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanuidhol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 13:38
They don't allow me to sign anything since I'm just a grunt but this could be interesting. Beer
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 13:42
Well, the other day we were being described with insulting criminal terms. Today, it has been conceded that we are the British Empire. I consider that to be a vast improvement.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 13:44
Originally posted by OssianII OssianII wrote:

As everyone knows "absolute power can corrupt absolutely"

Edited by Ten Kulch - 12 Oct 2017 at 13:44
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 14:24
Taking off my SIN mask for a moment. From a purely gaming perspective, I want to give credit to HATHALDIR for stepping up and making good on helping to deliver "Grand Strategy" to the server once again.

I've been talking a bit about this in GC -- that the game developers bill this game as a "Grand Strategy MMO." Even though Wikipedia isn't a gold standard source, their page on Grand Strategy is worth checking out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_strategy

It's not up to the game developers to deliver on the "Grand Strategy" aspect of Illyriad -- it's up to us, the player base. The first four years of Illyriad were highly engaged in this level of play, and because of it, the game thrived. As Grand Strategy has receded from the gaming culture here, engagement has waned. All you need to do is read some of the negative reviews on Steam to find proof in this.

Most players come here looking to gain entry to and play within in an overarching geopolitical milieu that has not been present in the game for 3+ years. Even if only playing a niche role, players generally want to experience some measure of the metagame. I am hopeful that we are beginning to see "sides" form again. Factions. Good for you that you're ready to play this way again. For my part, you can count on me to play against you all to my utmost.

Putting my SIN mask back on . . . 

For those who align with us, we welcome you as friends and allies. For those who oppose us: WE ARE GOING TO RAVAGE YOU ALL.

Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 14:31
How quaint and curious war is! That an alliance already at war with an alliance from a certain confederation should unite with other alliances at war with members of that confederation seems reasonable enough. But why the need for some broader declaration?  Do you really need to set out in such plagiarized detail your ideas for the future of Illyriad? Do you truly expect additional allies to sign up?

Oh well, talk as much as you deem necessary; so long as you stay out of MM. 
white willow View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote white willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 14:48
I try to stay neutral in all of this other than observe what is happening. Illy with an edge is a much better game. Our young alliance has trained from its start to defend itself and its independence from anyone.

Haths long winded speech only confirms my beliefs. Do not count on anyone but those within your own alliance. Certainly not any conglomeration of confeds.
Anas View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Anas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 14:54
http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document/

10/10 Speech Hath.. Such effort Much wow 

HATH after copying the long post,

Edited by Anas - 12 Oct 2017 at 15:10
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 15:11
Originally posted by white willow white willow wrote:

Do not count on anyone but those within your own alliance. Certainly not any conglomeration of confeds.

Then you need better confeds. Ours are trustworthy in battle. Most alliances use NAP and Confed as a Facebook follow status, which is not really effective for actual gameplay.
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 16:10
I thought NAPs were for minimizing the unintended bumping/killing of others?  Seems like there should be another level of diplomacy in there somewhere?

HATH's idea was bound to occur.  Was it introduced in the best possibly way?  Well... clearly there are critics. 

Let the story lines develop and the winners get to write the final narrative!
Tink XX View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink XX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 17:31
Well, as we British imperialists like to say, "I'm chuffed as nuts!".
*sips tea*
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic