Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Dark Star Dominion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Historian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Nokigon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Dark Star Dominion
    Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 13:33
Greetings, all.

I am writing on behalf of the other leaders of the DSD, in an attempt to address a couple of unfounded rumours that have been abound recently following T-O and T-SC’s merge with HEAT to form Storm.

To anyone who isn’t aware of the events of the last couple of days; the Order and the Southern Cross have decided to leave the Dark Star Dominion in favour of a new alliance co-lead by the Liberation, HEAT. They stated in a forum post (see here) that this new alliance is designed primarily to end the perceived cold war between the Grand Alliance and the Dark Star Dominion.

The merge between T-O, T-SC and HEAT was reported in the Illyriad Times (see here). The Illyriad Times commented that "Pellinell and T-O's abrupt departure from DSD leaves that confederation's future in question, given T-O's leadership role in DSD decision making". This is part of a misconception that the Illyriad Times has often voiced; that T-O, and in particular Pellinell, were the leaders of the Dark Star Dominion. That was a fallacy. The Dominion has never had a formal leader, and indeed never will. Pellinell often acted as the spokesperson for the wider DSD because it was often convenient for us to have a singular spokesperson, and Pellinell was the logical option. In his absence, the same position can be filled by Zenorra, Tacardi, Belegar or even (if times get REALLY desperate) me. The DSD operation perfectly well before T-O joined; it continue to do so afterwards.

The goals of the Dark Star Dominion, when it was created by Kale Weathers and nvp33 in early 2011, were to create a confederation of like-minded alliances bound together for mutual defence. The confederation began with just BSH, SCH and TCol, and grew to encompass DB, Dlords, the DSA and- more recently- T-O, T-SC, RE and TVM. The fact that T-O and T-SC no longer wish to be part of that confederation does not in any way mean that the future of our confederation is in doubt. We remain close friends with all of our former allies, and wish them well in all of their future endeavours. In addition, we would also like to make clear that we have no desire for the cold war described by Storm. We will happily work towards closer diplomatic relations with any of our former opponents, and hold no enmity towards them.

If you have any further enquiries about the future of the DSD, or perhaps wish to discuss joining our confederation, please contact any DSD alliance leader.

Regards,

The Leaders of the DSD

Nokigon of DB

Tacardi of TCol

Belegar of Dlords

Zenorra of RE

Pink Camo of DSA

Edited by Nokigon - 30 Oct 2015 at 13:41
Illyriad Times View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Illyriad Times Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 14:56
Originally posted by Nokigon Nokigon wrote:

Greetings, all.

This is part of a misconception that the Illyriad Times has often voiced; that T-O, and in particular Pellinell, were the leaders of the Dark Star Dominion. That was a fallacy. 

Pellinell in a comment on the Times, posted June 26, 2015: "

EDIT: Sorry, we do not allow the posting of messages like this. The site links are fine, but we cannot attempt to connect player's accounts here with comments over there.

Thanks!

Rikoo

Edited by GM Rikoo - 31 Oct 2015 at 08:49
Tacardi View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tacardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 15:46
Greetings All,

Thank you Illyriad Times for pointing out this comment. This is something that the Dark Star Dominion (DSD) leaders missed. Pellinell being the leader of the largest alliance was made spokesperson for the DSD league of leaders. The spokesperson does not have the Omni-Power over the DSD, all decision are put to a vote and has to meet a certain percentage to pass, from that point the DSD spokesperson handles the global realm.

The Dark Star Dominion is run in a Democratic method and each alliance has a voice that matters. Here is a quote for the Dark Star Dominion Constitution

• Events may arise in which the Dominion is expected to provide a single person to represent the entire Dominion. This representative may be elected by the Dominion Leaders. In the case that no such representation exists, then the responsibility of representing the Dominion falls by default to the leader of the most powerful alliance within the Dominion (judged by land claim).

And this is what we have at the start of the Constitution

The Dark Star Dominion is a brotherhood of alliances, set up with the express aim of political and military unity. We act not under a leader, but as a collective. The autonomy of each individual alliance is sacrosanct and will not be impeded upon in any way by the Dark Star Dominion, except in those areas which require approval from the other leaders of the Dominion.

Edited by Tacardi - 30 Oct 2015 at 15:52
Pellinell View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pellinell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 16:11
I would like to make a short statement in regard to my role in DSD leadership and the merger.

First, I was a member of the DSD council the governing body of the DSD. While not the leader in any official capacity, It wouldn't be accurate to say that my position was that of the rest of the council either.

Secondly the DSD has been very supportive of this new endeavor and we remain close friends, always will be. Some within the DSD alliances may feel that I have betrayed them but nothing could be further from the truth. I put 2 years of my life into DSD and the formation of Storm is in my opinion what's best for all.

I don't expect everyone to be pleased and was prepared for third parties to attempt to drive a wedge between myself and DSD, however we are close friends and are only laughing at the attempts.

I would like to thank the entire DSD for allowing me to be a member of such a fine group of people for over 2 years. I can not think of a better group of folks I've encountered any where. For that I am grateful.
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2015 at 11:13
I think the real question is, which younger, hotter alliance will join up with DSD now?  

My money is on Fairy.  
Agalloch View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agalloch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2015 at 13:22
Well someone seems to have a sense of humor.
OrcDork View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrcDork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2015 at 18:22
Is AZURA no longer part of the DSD? Or did Nokigon forget to include them?

Edited by OrcDork - 31 Oct 2015 at 18:26
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2015 at 18:54
at the risk of adding my own misconceptions to the misconceptions of others, i think the war is over, that any lingering effects of it are simply the echoes of the camaraderie of former brothers in arms and some hurt feelings between individuals. those stirring rumours of a "cold war" may be much better informed than i am...or they may be telling more about themselves and their own goals than they are about the state of alliance relationships in the game.
Zenorra View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zenorra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2015 at 19:08
I'd like to apologize on behalf of Noki. He did forget to include Azura. They are part of the DSD.

Victory to the Dominion!

Edited by Zenorra - 31 Oct 2015 at 19:14
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic