Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Colony [TCol] declares war on W
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Colony [TCol] declares war on W

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Jabbels View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Avatar

Joined: 03 Jun 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 45
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 15:54
Originally posted by Muristie Muristie wrote:


Originally posted by Jabbels Jabbels wrote:

[QUOTE=Loud Whispers]


LOL, and we all know population means everything!



No, intelligence does.
...



You seem to take offense at TCol's war declaration.


Personally...

This might be just me! But don't troops and sieges win wars? You cannot really win a war with your mind/brain unless your a god or something, and you certainly aren't one.

Oh and offense about the declaration? What do you expect?

:)

Edited by Jabbels - 04 Nov 2012 at 15:55
Back to Top
Myr View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Avatar

Joined: 26 May 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Status: Offline
Points: 437
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 22:41
It's not the size of your armies, it's how you use them. Haven't you ever heard something along those lines Jabbels?

Strategy is huge in Illy, some strategies are working great in this war and others aren't. Next war you have to find new strategies to keep your enemy guessing. It is more than who has the biggest army.
Back to Top
Bard View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith
Avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 121
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 10:48
Myr, perhaps from a WE point of view it's a bit different :)  WE competed in the tourney, so it's minus a few troops for starters.  War breaks out, Consone v H? and DLords.  OK, not unexpected.  DARK and WoT join in, still v Consone, so ok, there we all are, willing to give it a fair shake.  It's what happened after that that makes me think WE might be somewhat targetted above others:
 
Curse declares war on WE, no reason given on forums.
RES declares war on WE, no reason given on forums.
POOP (aka Blyrr) is not in the war, but carries out attacks on WE.  No reason given in forums.
N sends troops and diplos against WE (not sure if there's a war declaration lying around somewhere)
TCol declares war against WE, and states that it is doing so on the forums.  No reason given.
VALAR declares support for Consone, notice given on the forums.
 
I do not think any other alliance is facing this sort of pressure, and you can be sure there will be lots of dodging tactics going on, but realistically I don't think a single alliance in Illy could take that on and win.  Not even the mighty H? would withstand such a concerted effort from so many points of origin.  WE do not have the luxury of any strategy except that of attempting to survive.  That is not really what I call a war, it is really more a co-ordinated effort at total suppression.
 
WE has asked for peace, but since RMY is apparently not given access to the H? forums, she can't exactly go there, despite HM saying that WE are not asking for peace.  WE have, repeatedly, but it is ignored.  If the rest of the Curse/TCol coalition members pile on (BSH and SCH) well so be it, although I don't think anyone in WE knows many of them.
 
You talk of troops numbers.  Try building them when you have over 200 diplo notifications a day in your mail box (and yes I have decent diplo defence), and yes DLords I am looking at you here.  Eventually you know you'll lose some commanders, buildings or resources, no matter how nimbly you try and shift around troops and res.  Try building them when you're invaded several times a day by many thousands of troops and see how far you get with no resources.  Yes, Curse and ~N~ I am looking at you.   To devise a strategy you have to HAVE some numbers, or the capability to build them.  That is being systematically throttled out of WE, probably for some political reason unknown to me.  When you come up with a strategy to compete with that, shoot me an IGM will you?
 
 
 
 
 
 
Back to Top
bansisdead View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jan 2012
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Points: 604
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 11:37
Bard, Too my knowledge The Colony hasn't stated anything on the forums, this thread seems to be a declaration of war but does not include any statements from any TCol members, unless ander = Kale Weathers, which is not clear. 
Back to Top
Sisren View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Avatar

Joined: 03 Feb 2012
Location: PA, USA
Status: Offline
Points: 446
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 12:22
Originally posted by Bard Bard wrote:

... DARK and WoT join in, still v Consone, so ok, there we all are, willing to give it a fair shake.  It's what happened after that that makes me think WE might be somewhat targetted above others:
...
 

2 Points of note:
  1. Wheel of Time has made no such declarations of War, nor have they committed to any offensive or defensive position in this war.  Wheel of Time has made no comment in GC nor on the Forums to suggest that they intend otherwise.  Wheel of Time (WoT) thus far is Neutral in this.  Fact checking helps.  But that would be beneath you, right Bard?
  2. Perhaps it is your past performance that was a deciding factor?  ;)  just saying...  sometimes history comes back and slaps you around.
Back to Top
twilights View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Avatar

Joined: 21 May 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 915
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 12:23
sorry to hear of the problems WE is having, where are your allies? sometimes its better to move castles, give some up, and get a cluster group for an alliance defense...if you are taking too much damage maybe disbanding alliance or even going to the other side, the ones that do this early are the most likely to come out of this with the least damage.....some alliances are now looking for ways to jump in the rankings, some are settling old scores...the WE members in the west need to make some secret agreements.....it might be time to look out for the individual and not pay for the mistakes of leadership...people need to pick the right side to fight for in this war....good luck t-col
Back to Top
Myr View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Avatar

Joined: 26 May 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Status: Offline
Points: 437
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 12:36
Originally posted by Bard Bard wrote:

  
Curse declares war on WE, no reason given on forums.
RES declares war on WE, no reason given on forums.
POOP (aka Blyrr) is not in the war, but carries out attacks on WE.  No reason given in forums.
N sends troops and diplos against WE (not sure if there's a war declaration lying around somewhere)
TCol declares war against WE, and states that it is doing so on the forums.  No reason given.
VALAR declares support for Consone, notice given on the forums.
 

You talk of troops numbers.  Try building them when you have over 200 diplo notifications a day in your mail box (and yes I have decent diplo defence), and yes DLords I am looking at you here.  Eventually you know you'll lose some commanders, buildings or resources, no matter how nimbly you try and shift around troops and res.  Try building them when you're invaded several times a day by many thousands of troops and see how far you get with no resources.  Yes, Curse and ~N~ I am looking at you.   To devise a strategy you have to HAVE some numbers, or the capability to build them.  That is being systematically throttled out of WE, probably for some political reason unknown to me.  When you come up with a strategy to compete with that, shoot me an IGM will you?
 

 
 

More fact checking:

The only troops between ~N~ and WE that have met were when my troops hit Shanks at a siege she was at. We have sent no raids or attacks at any cities that I am aware of, let alone WE. 

As far as WE having more attacks than the other alliances, well I think that's because WE had made more enemies than the other alliances. Perhaps you can talk to your alliance leader or whoever takes care of your diplomatic relations to find out why those alliances aren't fond of WE. They are under no obligation to state their reasons here. They have seen an opportunity to strike and seized it. 

Oh yeah, last time I checked, having unread mail does not prevent you from creating troops. Unless there is an update of which I am not aware. 
Back to Top
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2011
Location: Oarnamly
Status: Offline
Points: 1842
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 13:54
Originally posted by Myr Myr wrote:


Oh yeah, last time I checked, having unread mail does not prevent you from creating troops. Unless there is an update of which I am not aware. 

LOL
Bonfyr Verboo
Back to Top
Bard View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith
Avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 121
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 14:08
Apologies Myr, it was NC, not N, that declared on WE.  I am a bit hazy on the N confeds, but I do accept your point.  Beecks is from NC and has definitely had some interaction as I am sure you know Tongue  Sisren is also correct, WoT did not declare war on us.

As for "Oh yeah, last time I checked, having unread mail does not prevent you from creating troops. Unless there is an update of which I am not aware. "  This of itself is nothing, but as I pointed out, " Eventually you know you'll lose some commanders, buildings or resources, no matter how nimbly you try and shift around troops and res.  Try building them when you're invaded several times a day by many thousands of troops and see how far you get with no resources."  Also, I do actually read that mail, and I know which players are sending to me, and others.  I know how many millions of resources I have lost, buildings that have been delevelled, queues of research lengthened, and commanders killed.  Unless you can be online 24/7 you simply cannot prevent it.

Assassins, thieves, sabs will get through on occasion.  Runes go into cooldown and you have no defences there.  You can move your stuff around as fast as you can, but the cumulative effect is that some of your military, buildings or resources will eventually take a hit.  When you have several alliances in concert doing this, it does make it very difficult to play the game with any realistic chance of building a sizeable army.  

Suggestions to consult with leadership about why this might be happening are fine, but that doesn't solve the immediate problem for players who have had nothing to do with issues that probably occurred before they started playing the game.  Like I said, when you can think of a strategy which would work, whilst operating under those conditions, IGM me.  
Back to Top
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2011
Location: Oarnamly
Status: Offline
Points: 1842
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 14:43
Originally posted by Bard Bard wrote:

Suggestions to consult with leadership about why this might be happening are fine, but that doesn't solve the immediate problem for players who have had nothing to do with issues that probably occurred before they started playing the game.


Sounds to me like it's time to seek out a new alliance.
Bonfyr Verboo
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.