Topic ClosedThe Ballad of Kurfist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Ballad of Kurfist
    Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 21:09

"Hurry Kurfist Hurry!"  I ran through the plains, barely noticing the brush I was crunching underneath my feet. Thadah turned to look at m "Wheres Vrunnk!?" I looked behind myself and saw only the darkness.  "He was here a moment ago!"  Thadah turned pale, "Go back and find him, hurry!".  I looked at Thadah and nodded understatement, He in turn nodded at me and resumed running.   I ran back the way I came, ducking under outstretched branches and leaping over rocks.  "vrunnk!? I spoke into the darkness. "VRUNNK!".  "Over here" his voice called out to me.  I ran over to where his voice came from and saw Vrunnk laying on the muddy ground.

He had collapsed upon the ground, trying to escape the cascade of arrows that were pursuing us moments earlier, looking at the red stains on his loincloth, he unfortunately failed to fully escape.  Three arrows pierced his body, turning this brave kobold that yearned for elven combat, into a statistic.  I knelt near his corpse, wishing to be able to bring it back with myself and Thadah, however it was more important that we avenged his death.

I hurried back towards the direction that Thadah has ran off to, up and over hills and through brooks I ran, hoping that I would be able to catch the speedy kobold.  I tripped over my feet while running down the fifth hill, and tumbled down the hill and into a tree.  I stood up dizzy and with a slight pulsing pain through my forehead and turned around..

Edited by Kurfist - 06 Jul 2011 at 21:28
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
bucky View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 22:28
great start, kurf - an unexpected beginning for our orc hero. i look forward to reading more...
Kilotov of DokGthung View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 22:59
wow..sad life 
Uaithne View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 00:25
Please continue

Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 04:55

A normal day in the encampment. The Orc Women returning home just having bagged a nice tasty elf.. the Orc men are guarding their gates, the adolescent Orc's fighting each other. My Father Ria'fist, enters my hovel, offering me a nice slice of elf thigh meat. Then....  The howls of dogs fill the air, our guards rush to the gates, only to have arrows grow from their backs.  Riders enter out camp, cutting down all who stand in their way. 

My father pushes me out of the hovel, over to a low point in our camp's wall. He helps me up then pauses, looking over at the carnage, I find myself looking at the images I know all too well.  The riders have dismounted, and are throwing torches upon our thatched hovels, burning the Orc children inside.  My father rushes back to our hovel to gather up a few belongings,  as he is inside, a rider throws his torch onto the hovel.  The screams fill the night air, and in a panic I found myself running in infinite space, never far enough away from the cry's of the dying..

The darkness breaks, I awake too the feeling of light upon my face. The sun is shining high in the sky, not a cloud to darken It's golden rays. I sit up for a moment, basking in the warm glow, a much preferred alternative to the dream last night. 

Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
Uaithne View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 05:06
I am really loving this CV!!  I like how it starts and then goes back even further in time to set up for/explain the previous paragraph.  
I anxiously await the next installment. :)
cgordo View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 05:06
wow. i like it very much kufist. quite interesting
Clavius Vile View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 00:40

The rays of the sky, ever persistent, breaks through the morning fog.  The rays are like a beacon of hope, they tell me that "some day, I'll be amongst my own".  I wish that it will turn true, oh how I wish..

Every day starts the same, I get up, grab my spear and head off to the lake side. There I'll gaze at the Orc staring back at myself,  wishing that he'll speak to me like I do to him.   Today however, I saw no reflection. As I arrived to the lake, the clouds filled the air, strange weather to be sure but nothing serious.  Upon arrival I leaned forward eagerly to talk to the Orc, but saw only the harsh gray of the morning sky.

Why does this happen? Why is it that I am never allowed to be near one of my own? Even the mute Orc ran away, Run away Orc! He talks like a human!

I sat by the lake and filled it with my tears.  That Orc had the same glove wear as myself, but yet I am still different.   Maybe I'll never find someone to be with..   As I sat mourning I heard a pitter patter of foot steps.  I looked up and saw an Elf walking calmly towards me.  "What do you want!?" I asked.  The Elf replied "I noticed you here all alone,  where are your Brothers?.  An innocent question, but to me it was as painful as a stab through the chest.   "I have no Brothers, I'm all alone in this world.I answered with a sad tone.  The Elf, this strange elf gave me a smile, and said with a soft voice " Come with me, you shall soon have a family."

As I walked with this Elf, I learned that he too had been alone in the world.  He didn't know his family, so instead he gathered others without families, into one place.  A place where they could run and dance and make merry.  The place you ask? None other than the land of D'hara..

[18:24]<Johnny112> books are an advance resource. They're similar to, but not the same as books
Aneirin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 00:46
Rubbish
Clavius Vile View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 01:32
Didn't you leave?
[18:24]<Johnny112> books are an advance resource. They're similar to, but not the same as books
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic