illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TCol vs. Aesir War Stats

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 16:08
There is a very minor base spell power (since it costs a few mana to cast any spell). In most cases of magical combat, the extra mana drowns out the base mana by a huge margin. Since both sides have the same moon phase, that is also not a major factor in magical clashes. Overall, yes, the only thing the full moon effects is spell power and casting distance. If you aren't adding mana, the moon phase is largely irrelevant.

My sentence in the post above was probably constructed badly. Allow me to rephrase.

[Adding extra mana] is done to increase the spell power, which makes the magic harder to dispel or overturn. Spell power is calculated as ((base mana + extra mana) * mage tower level * (1+moon bonus)).
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Neytiri View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neytiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 21:11
Doesn't your magic score also go up if you get thieved and have to re-cast your defensive rune?
Or, if you level up a runemaster and then re-cast your rune to take advantage of the higher level?
"It is well that their bodies know the heat and the cold; it will make them strong warriors and mothers." - Absaroke elder (from Edward S. Curtis's book 'The North American Indian')
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 00:48
The amount of mana required to cast a rune is tiny compared to adding extra mana to a geomancy or blight.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic