illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Steam login failure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Qargen View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qargen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 23:42
If there is a problem with steam login failure, can i create a new account using an alternative authentication method and link them.. If so, how?
Thirion View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thirion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 18:10
You can use your non-steam alt to login to your main steam account by setting the non-steam alt as the account sitter for your steam main (Your Overview -> Account & Prefs -> Account Sitter). Its only a workaround though as e.g. you can't use your prestige.

edit: Still waiting for a fix or any news.

Edited by Thirion - 13 Apr 2018 at 18:11
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 19:34
On a previous laptop I'd bought Illy on steam and was able to log in without any problems. I've just installed steam on this one and the Illyriad game from there - no problems loging in and playing at all (apart from I hate steam). Can I suggest that you check you have the latest updates from steam installed - perhaps even remove it and re-install.
Thirion View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thirion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 23:43
Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

On a previous laptop I'd bought Illy on steam and was able to log in without any problems. I've just installed steam on this one and the Illyriad game from there - no problems loging in and playing at all (apart from I hate steam). Can I suggest that you check you have the latest updates from steam installed - perhaps even remove it and re-install.

Steam login works for me too, what doesn't work is web login with steam credentials (i sadly started with steam - thus it seems i am stuck with it). Using the web version is way better than using the steam version - thus this is an (big) issue for me.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 02:44
Sorry - I'm very good at misunderstanding problems :(

Yeah, the interface on steam sucks.
Shimrod View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shimrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 04:17
Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

Sorry - I'm very good at misunderstanding problems :(

Yeah, the interface on steam sucks.

And you're very, very good at understatement, too!
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 20:07
We are working on resolving this issue
Shimrod View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shimrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 20:30
I'm working to get the account off steam, which I'll do after transferring a few more cities.  Do you guys know how crippled the game is using the steam interface? I can't imagine why anyone would play Illy if they had to use steam.  Seriously, Illy is a great game and it's shocking how limited it is on steam.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic