illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sov City Storage Maxed in Res

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Antivirus View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antivirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sov City Storage Maxed in Res
    Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 04:25
My sov city is always maxed in res. I cannot raise taxes, I will be at neg research pts (21 now). I don't have enough vans (70) to make a difference sending res to my other cities. I cannot make sell offers again because of the vans (70). I cannot raise sov because I will be in neg research. I could just run neg in research points and just buy books when I run low but I want to maintain a balance and keep everything in the black. But what to do with all these resources when I can't move them fast enough to make a difference?

Edited by Antivirus - 17 Mar 2017 at 04:26
Hyrdmoth View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyrdmoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 15:09
Without knowing more about this city, and what you are using the sovereignty bonuses for, it is hard to know what to suggest.

You could build more buildings in your city that used resources to maintain them, or you could use your sovereignty to boost the production of t2 resources.
Yitshak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yitshak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 18:32
Yep - that can be a problem with a big city. If there is no where near to off load your res (either cities or hubs) you will overflow - unless you speed caravans with prestige, but that's a waste.

Remember to be nice to the squirrel.
Bobtron View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobtron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 00:13
you could always get the allembine reseach discovery and chancery of estates to boost your research income
I support the Undying Flame!
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 00:48
Seeing as food is the most valuable basic resource, stick it in a hub close by.
Resources always get wasted eventually.
Antivirus View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antivirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 04:49
Trial and error got me balanced. I deleted sov on four sqs of res. Then I increased sov on four none res sqs that use hourly res. I show a positive bal now but will see in 2 days when sov completed. Thanks to all.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic