Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedÆsir's Crusade vs. TLR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Fred Evil View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 18:21
Originally posted by Kumomoto Kumomoto wrote:

We are not involved in this in any way, shape, or form, but I did want to point something out.

Attacking small players who belong to an alliance you are at war with is Not, imo, newbie bashing. War is war. If your alliance goes to war, you all go to war. Large and small.

This I understand and accept. However, in the initial announcement of the war, it was stated

"we are not here to hurt the weak and the unguilty"

Yet their first attacks fall upon precisely those described. If you are going to stake your claim in justice and righteousness, I suggest you stick to your word. Especially if you make such a statement AFTER having already assaulted the 'weak and unguilty.'
Garth View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 19:53
Originally posted by Fred Evil Fred Evil wrote:

Originally posted by Kumomoto Kumomoto wrote:

We are not involved in this in any way, shape, or form, but I did want to point something out.

Attacking small players who belong to an alliance you are at war with is Not, imo, newbie bashing. War is war. If your alliance goes to war, you all go to war. Large and small.

This I understand and accept. However, in the initial announcement of the war, it was stated

"we are not here to hurt the weak and the unguilty"

Yet their first attacks fall upon precisely those described. If you are going to stake your claim in justice and righteousness, I suggest you stick to your word. Especially if you make such a statement AFTER having already assaulted the 'weak and unguilty.'
The first casualties of war are often the most tragic. Surprise attacks, wide-net targeting and such. To have them be the "peaceful citizens" is even more a slap in the face. 

Along Kumo's point, there's a slight distinction to be made: the dynamic that caused the rush to the defense of the smaller TLR members is the sense that they were ambushed and had done nothing to *deserve* being attacked. If the first targets had only been the larger TLR players, it's likely the agreement that arose (no non-combatant targets under 15K pop) would be different or non-existent.
Otherwise I agree with you. 

And Fred Evil, I'd say that there was already a process of sussing out what was going on, and your presence in GC helped speed along the advocacy efforts.
I'll be interested to see how this all plays out..
Myr View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 21:29
I thought they weren't going to attack anyone below 5k (I got that from chat last night), but I'm seeing here 15k. Can someone from Aesir please verify?
Ossian View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 21:31
Originally posted by SugarFree SugarFree wrote:

What follows is Ã†sir's declaration of extermination,

Excuse Mr Aesir sir but your local store has run out
of your favorite candy!

Arakamis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 21:58
It seems, there are some misunderstandings and a lot of speculation about the IGM message that has been sent to smaller members of TLR and also of the attacks on smaller players.

Well, it is an in game message, as the name suggests, it is definitely NOT a manifesto/declaration etc. So, please do not waste your time trying to figure out what it really says. Consider it as a message sent with ravens to the banner men of TLR.

For those trying to find gold mines within those words, please take a look at Aesir's alliance page, there you will see that Aesir is here vanquish those with greed for power and restore the balance. :) I'm not that creative, believe me.. :)

In addition to that, let me clarify that earlier attacks on small players of TLR have been recalled and currently we are following only those with >15k pop. We also have one of our smaller player being under siege but we are NOT whining about that at every corner.
Llyorn Of Jaensch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 22:13
Typical.

The usual suspects jump to conclusion based on one sided Chinese whispers.

Interest....waned.
"ouch...best of luck."
HonoredMule
SugarFree View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 22:15
Originally posted by Arakamis Arakamis wrote:

It seems, there are some misunderstandings and a lot of speculation about the IGM message that has been sent to smaller members of TLR and also of the attacks on smaller players.

Well, it is an in game message, as the name suggests, it is definitely NOT a manifesto/declaration etc. So, please do not waste your time trying to figure out what it really says. Consider it as a message sent with ravens to the banner men of TLR.

For those trying to find gold mines within those words, please take a look at Aesir's alliance page, there you will see that Aesir is here vanquish those with greed for power and restore the balance. :) I'm not that creative, believe me.. :)

In addition to that, let me clarify that earlier attacks on small players of TLR have been recalled and currently we are following only those with >15k pop. We also have one of our smaller player being under siege but we are NOT whining about that at every corner.

so you would not disagree to retire the sieges and stop the war once all TRL towns are >15k pop?
that i can tolerate.

Edited by SugarFree - 25 Jul 2012 at 22:15
Rorgash View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 22:27
Originally posted by Rorgash Rorgash wrote:

Rorgash stands and Bellows towards the crowd of weak crying little girls!!

If you care, send your armies against the side you dont agree with you worthless cur's or shut your mouth you weak sorry excuse for a ruler

again to try and drive the point home to those that keep whining..
Myr View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 02:49
Night Crusaders, the sister alliance of The Nightbringers, has declared war on Aesir. I am joining TLR to help them fight back against this ridiculous attack. 

I have been in the game for over a year and this is the first time I have gotten into a war. I do not do this lightly, I believe very strongly that the extermination of an alliance is wrong. I know there are people here who agree, do you agree enough to do something about it?
SugarFree View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 03:43
Originally posted by Myr Myr wrote:

Night Crusaders, the sister alliance of The Nightbringers, has declared war on Aesir. I am joining TLR to help them fight back against this ridiculous attack. 

I have been in the game for over a year and this is the first time I have gotten into a war. I do not do this lightly, I believe very strongly that the extermination of an alliance is wrong. I know there are people here who agree, do you agree enough to do something about it?

now you, you are a person that has earned my respect. 
not my sympathy like many have, but my most profound and sincere respect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic