illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sexual Shaming Has No Place in Illy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
willd elff View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willd elff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2016 at 01:38
Thank you Rikoo Star
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2016 at 03:06
The GMs are the people to deal with any alleged incidents.
If Rill needed to do something, sending an igm to the GM's would be sufficient would be my suggestion.
I do not believe that the forum is for people to make their personal thoughts known on the interpretation of Illyriad Games rules or policies.  This whole thread has the whiff of a player attempting to put themselves on the same level as the GM's.  It isn't their job to set out policy or interpret the rules.  By all means report specific perceived incidents,  but my view is to leaveaction and publicity to the owners of the game.
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathDealer89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2016 at 04:27
I would like to point out that Illy likely has many young players.  Talk of any sexual nature or other topics of non-PG subjects shouldn't be posted in the GC or the forum.  I would recommend the same for the alliance chats but obviously the individual alliances would control that.  
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2016 at 14:34
Originally posted by DeathDealer89 DeathDealer89 wrote:

I would like to point out that Illy likely has many young players.  Talk of any sexual nature or other topics of non-PG subjects shouldn't be posted in the GC or the forum.  I would recommend the same for the alliance chats but obviously the individual alliances would control that.  

Exactly, thanks! Illy is PG-13 in GC. AC does not have to be, and PMs do no have to be, unless someone tells you that you are chatting with a minor. In that case, don't talk naughty. And don't harass someone in one of the many ways that it can happen. 

It's basically the same rules as real life! ha

GMR
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 17:23
if only this were the worst problem illy faced, or even one of the existential ones.

Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Illy rules prohibit sexism and sexual harassment.  In the past the developers and community have done a pretty good job of addressing this issue.  I think it's time for us to take a stand together, as a community, to say that this activity is not OK, not by anyone, not toward anyone.
we did, when we agreed to the ToS. nothing to see here. move along.

1) Players who agree that sexual harassment and sexual shaming should not be tolerated can indicate their agreement in this forum post.
because players who've decided to violate ToS will be cowed by a show of force composed of...erm...forum posts? there was a time when Rill knew the forum didn't actually solve problems.

I am also not posting because I have an agenda regarding Illy politics.
no, this is rl politics of a sort that i hope to be mostly free of in the confines of illy. against ToS. 'nuff said.

Originally posted by GM Rikoo GM Rikoo wrote:

If anyone sees an issue with a particular player, all you need to do is send me a time it happened (game time, in the top-right corner) and the name of the person who did it.
good advice, because some things said in a particular context are ok and understood even if they might go widely astray in a more public venue. gc is public. sometimes players forget, and sometimes they don't care. devs' house, devs' rules on what constitutes appropriate in the public space. (note that no player names appear in the preceding sentence.)

Players do not get to decide what is harassment, the developers do.
true once a complaint has been made. but players have a role in this, and that is to decide if something is worthy of the devs' consideration. use discretion. don't be a (insert offensive word of your choice).

It's basically the same rules as real life!
just so.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic