Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedServer War Map

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
invictusa View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 17:09
At his request I have revealed to Pellinel my in-game identity, and we have had wonderful talks.  He seeks to censor this thread.  He also demands that I apologize for it.  No such thing will happen.  What was first merely a curiosity on my part, now seems to be the front line for a cennsorship war that Pellinel has been waging for who knows how long against our community.  Ironic that the purpose of this thread may soon be cause for its justification.
...and miles to go before I sleep.
Agalloch View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 17:33
I thought in Illy there is a place for everyone :P
Does that mean we don't welcome crackpots?
Pellinell View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 01:19
I'm not going to censor him, just siege him ;)
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 04:23
I haven't necessarily always had the most positive experiences with this particular player, but I'm not sure why someone should be sieged for posting a map in the forum.  The title was maybe slightly trollish, but the information was interesting.
Pellinell View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 04:45
Thanks Rill. But I don't require your approval and really could not possibly care less your opinion on this or anything else for that matter.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 05:16
It's nothing against you personally, Pellinell.  But I do find recent instances of people being sieged for expressing an opinion, e.g., aqrtz, to be a troubling trend.

Personally, I think it is self-defeating since one can perhaps kill an army or maybe even a city with another army, but one can't kill an idea that way.  I anticipate that eventually other folks will lose patience with people who do this, or perhaps the siegers will take offense at something while misjudging that person's strength.

Time will tell if I am right about the results of such actions.

Edited:  To avoid any misunderstanding, my defense of Biff/invictusa's freedom to post this information should not be taken as a suggestion that I see Crows and DSD being opposed to each other, on the brink of war, or particularly likely to have a war at any time in the future.  I do not agree with invictusa's idea or implication in this post, but I support his right to express the idea.

Edited by Rill - 06 Oct 2015 at 08:16
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 08:18
I am not threatening you, Pellinell, in a veiled way or otherwise.  I am describing what I see as likely to occur.  You suggest that I take some military action if I disagree with you.  Since my point is that disagreements are OK and should not be used as the basis of military action, that would seem to be incongruent with my previously expressed opinion.

I believe it is possible to exchange ideas without the need to attack anyone, either personally or virtually.
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 08:30
Where do I buy the popcorn for the war, thread Whoops!
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 16:04
I like the way people think you can separate the forum from the game. Pelli is quite correct in almost everything he has posted. And if you want to troll in the forums expect in-game consequences. Live with it. You want to disagree with people and argue your points make sure it is with someone who has the same way of dealing the issue. If not you run the risk of in-game consequences and then it does not help to run whining.
Kaggen is my human half
Granlik View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 16:27
I'm afraid they won't listen. Been reading these forums for near four years now and some people just can't help it.

Never mind, once they make a mistake and the dogs are loosed it passes the time following the chase.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic