FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Security Problem Again? Oct 16

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Security Problem Again? Oct 16
    Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 06:31
I get an error connection timed out when I try to reach the Illy website.  Tried clearing my browser cache, no dice.  Tried down for everyone or just for me, says it's down for everyone.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 06:34
Managed to get to elgea.illyriad.co.uk to try to log on.  It's not loading.  Or rather, to be clear, when I type my username and password, I get the circle of doom.

Edited by Rill - 17 Oct 2016 at 06:35
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 06:42
When I get to something approximating an Illy page, it comes up with all the buttons on the side and a note at the bottom "waiting for assets.illyriad.net"
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 06:44
I'm using Chrome on a chromebook.
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 06:46
Hi Rill,

It's related to the globalsign security certificate thing that happened on Friday(?).

and see if that helps... 

Otherwise, it's cascading down as various cert auth services hit their 4-day cache refresh...

Apologies, but not our issue. I couldn't access the forums for 3 hrs yesterday from East Coast FL, but could when I RDP'd into the West Coast of FL; it's weird when a major infrastructure partner has a brainmelt.

Let us know how you get on!

SC
Bobtron View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobtron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 06:50
just got this problem when i attempted to acess my alt thru the sitter function.. and was online moments before...so if you're connected to elgea.illyriad.co.uk website right now, would recommend that you not reload or sitter other accounts for the time being lest the connection is lost
I support the Undying Flame!
Melissa The Tru View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa The Tru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 06:50
Having the same issues, cannot login on the app or online

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 07:01
There are no instructions for a chromebook, but apparently some combination of clearing all site data and turning off the computer works.  Try just turning the computer off and back on again first, unless you are much better than I am at remembering stored passwords ...
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 07:53
All resolved now, hopefully...?

The last wave of the GlobalSign cert nightmare crashing around all our heads... at least, I hope!

Let us know if any further problems.

Best,

SC
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 15:16
All fine for me, thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic