illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scouts not Returning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Kesh View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 20:14
I have quite enjoyed this game.  I like the building up and the support from my alliance is great.  

However, a game that's about growth is pointless when you cannot grow due to bugs.  The inability of the GMs to provide any update other than we are investigating doesn't fill me with confidence for the future and means that building any sense of identity with the position is likely to be a waste of time.  

I'll persevere for now simply because not to do so would be letting down those alliance buddies who have supported me so much but it will certainly be some time before I spend any more cash on the game and I would recommend caution from anyone thinking of starting up.
Hyrdmoth View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyrdmoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 04:30
I sent some scouts to those corrupted squares and they died as I had expected them to, they didn't become stuck as others have reported here. Perhaps this is a sign that a fix is in progress?

When the developers began to roll out faction AI I reported a bug with that and it took a very long time, but it was eventually fixed.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 10:23
As the game grows (albeit slowly) the complexity of the code also increases massively. This makes finding and fixing bugs much harder. Each small piece of code probably interacts with several other pieces which then interact with several others...you get the picture. A small change to one part to fix a bug may well inadvertently cause others in seemingly unrelated pieces of code. This is my best guess on why the fixing of bugs seems to take so long.
Hyrdmoth View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyrdmoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 11:42
Well the main reason is that the game doesn't make enough money.
GM Cerberus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Creativity & Community Czar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Cerberus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 18:41
Originally posted by GM Cerberus GM Cerberus wrote:

Heya folks, we're currently investigating the matter regarding stuck units.  We will post an update when the matter is resolved.
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 21:32
I'm looking into this as the topmost priority on my list and hope to have it resolved shortly.

Many apologies for the inconvenience, and please bear with us.

Best,

SC
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 21:36
Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

As the game grows (albeit slowly) the complexity of the code also increases massively. This makes finding and fixing bugs much harder. Each small piece of code probably interacts with several other pieces which then interact with several others...you get the picture. A small change to one part to fix a bug may well inadvertently cause others in seemingly unrelated pieces of code. This is my best guess on why the fixing of bugs seems to take so long.

not many people realize this sadly.
GM Cerberus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Creativity & Community Czar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GM Cerberus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 22:22
Hey folks, 

We believe we've found the root of the problem and have remedied the issue.  Players shouldn't experience this particular bug going forward, however if anyone does experience stuck diplo units or anything similar please send an IGM to GM Cerberus and i'll remedy the situation best I can.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

GM Cerberus
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 20:36
The problem's not entirely gone.  Am working on it atm.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

SC
Yitshak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yitshak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 01:24
Many thanks - your efforts are appreciated. Some of us do understand what a monumental task it is bug hunting in such a massive game.

At the moment my "stuck" army has disappeared from the movements tab but is still "on manoeuvres" in the armies tab if this is of any help.

Remember to be nice to the squirrel.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic