Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed[RP Game] Protect the elflings!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: [RP Game] Protect the elflings!
    Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 22:32
Setting

In a little known area of Tamarin, atop a mountain shrouded in glistening snow and surrounded by giant, powdered firs is the elven village of Beleriand. The village is mainly populated by little elflings, too young and inexperienced for the greater world of Illyria. Presiding over the village, protecting and teaching the elflings is Queen Auraya. The Queen has spent many years chasing away hungry orcs with elven kebabs in their sights and so far, she has succeeded. However, all times of peace must come to an end.

Harnessing the immense arcana brought into Illyria by the undead forces, a small group of stealthy orcs have made their way into Beleriand undiscovered. Last night, the remains of poor Aglardir were found - the bones chewed then used as toothpicks before being tossed into a pile. Outraged, Queen Auraya has called for justice.. but on whom? Friends, elflings, lend me your eyes! It is up to you to seek out the orcken infidels so that they might be punished before another fatality. Will you answer the call?

[Rules and game mechanics to follow, anyone interested should PM Auraya here on the forum. Hopefully we can have a great round! No experience necessary and all races welcome! I shall be editing this post with useful links.

Start

Players:

Arnesson (House #1)
Halithore - Hali (House #2)
Scorpiain - Imin (House #3)
Adashia (House #4)
Ithilwien (House #5)
Poopnug - Tuon Angon (House #6)

Thes Hunter - Thes Elf (Room #1)
Ninja Muncher (Room #2)
Night Owl - Finwë Ancalímon (Room #3)
Coltaine Blackwing (Room #4)
Kabu (Room #7) 
Vibs (Room #11)
Princess Elfin (Room #15)

To edit your bio, you'll need to edit the post which is linked above.]

Edited by Auraya - 02 Jan 2013 at 20:40
arnesson View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 15:25
O what foul deeds are done by those pawns of the Lord of Darkness.  This abomination must not go unpunished.  Rise up O brethern (and sistern) of the Pointed Ear.  Together we shall smite the perpetrators of this egregious crime and make them pay with their very lives.

Edited by arnesson - 17 Dec 2012 at 15:29
Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 16:10
[Game Mechanics

All players will be split into 2 groups - elves and orcs. Every other night (48 hours) all players must vote (by mailing Auraya) for who they want to be killed as a suspect orc. Whoever gets the majority of votes (published in the "kill post") will be killed off, ties will result in no kill that night. Kills will reveal the true identity of the player. The winner is the side who manages to kill all members of the opposite team. 

Essentially, it's a game of strategy. Orcs will know who each other are, elflings will only know who they are. Orcs will try to deceive the elflings and the elflings will try to spot the orcs through their voting patterns and any inconsistencies in their posts. 

Some players (known as specials) will have a special action they can perform either once per game or once per voting round. This will be made clear if you are chosen and only the special player will know what their special action is. 

There will be 6 houses and 20 rooms in the tavern assigned on a first come, first served basis. Some of these have special properties, some don't - pick a number.

I will attempt to have all "kill posts" done by 11pm - please be patient if it is a little longer. 

Rules

#1: Queen Auraya cannot be killed or voted for (sorry folks!)
#2: You are out of the game when killed in a post made by Auraya and ONLY Auraya. No killing each other. 
#3: Anyone can sign up - trolls, devs, orcs, invisible pink unicorns, whatever. By signing up you agree to post in character as an elfling. If you wish to post a small aside out of character, please make this clear by using []. 
#4: You must not admit if you are a special or an orc - not even in game or on skype etc or if people guess. 
#5: Votes must be made by 9pm server time. 
#6: You MUST vote each round or vote for no kill. Votes cannot be changed once made.
#7: Discuss voting on the forum, not outside of it. It's a forum game! (Orcs can use PMs, obviously)

Available specials will be posted shortly. These will be assigned randomly, you cannot choose them.]

Edited by Auraya - 02 Jan 2013 at 19:31
adashia View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 20:17
How do people sign up / indicate a desire to play? 
Bonaparta View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 18:10
Why would anyone want to protect the elflings... Hm maybe. Young elves do taste delicious so maybe they are worth protecting as food source Wink

Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 19:51
Ada: I'll take that post as your interest :P PM me or just say in the thread :)

Bona: I dare you to try and eat an elfling on my watch :P 

Edited by Auraya - 21 Dec 2012 at 19:56
arnesson View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 20:03
Orc-baiting.  Love it!  Count me in!  Clap
Scorpiain View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 20:34
Lets do this!