Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed[RP Game] ALL THE SILVERSTEEL!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Aral View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 21:24
Duín woke up with a terrible ache in the back of his head.  Perhaps I've been overdoing the mead, he thought.  And indeed, when he thought of the past few days, he recalled things mainly from the alcohol-induced stupor of the very drunk.  Groaning, he swung himself out of bed.  Time to cast his vote... 

Edited by Aral - 12 Feb 2013 at 23:48
Aral Llc is not responsible for any grievous bodily harm sustained while reading this signature. No rights reserved.
ElfLark View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 23:44
"The troubles here must have been made known by all those who fled the town when the killing began. All trade has ceased and the whole town sits jumpy and glum. This place must be cursed!" Forraid had been out very little the whole day. People avoided looking at her, and she dreaded the thought of turning a corner and seeing that singer, or worse, Selos the Reanimated! 

Even a short hike to the high place could not cheer her, though she built a cairn--in memory of the old gods and to offer an abode for some helpful spirits of stone and earth. Being out of the narrow streets and smoky tavern were not much relief for the plucky dwarf.

She tried to ferret out a thread of a lie in all that had gone on. But there was no key she could find to turn the lock of these events. Confusion aplenty and fear, yes, madness and perhaps magic, but none that she knew to have lied. 

That knowledge did not change her duty to respond to the queen's edict. She plodded home, mulling over each of the dwarves. She cared nothing for any of them, and there was nothing they could offer her since the precious reagent did not appear to be here after all. But there was none who inspired strong feelings. In fact, the longer the tragedy went on, the less annoying her fellows seemed. Most of them were now more pitiable--and drunk--than unlikable.

Forraid resigned herself to drawing lots for her vote and hoped that it would fall to the votes of others to determine the name of the one to die! The way that everyone was avoiding her and refusing to meet her gaze, she hoped that it would not be her that laid lifeless in some mineshaft or under a rock come the morrow . . . or died at the hand of the queen's assassin!
Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 16:50
[Just to clarify, it wasn't Ozy trying to kill Thes. It was the archaeologist and the blacksmith did indeed reinforce the house. Sorry, that probably could have been made clearer. Ozy interrupted me going to investigate only. Most people managed to get their vote in on time.. I've been waiting for a reply from dspn23 to clarify his vote because it made no sense to me but I've had no response. I'm putting him down as a 'No lynch' because he did pm but I'm at a loss about what it wanted.]

Queen Auraya set off early and took her time walking to the vote. She breathed in the heavily metallic air and listened to the muted thumps of the miners below. There had been too many people sitting on the sidelines and as happy as she had been to allow it, tragedy could only come from waiting too long. Her fellow villagers began to file in and cast their votes glumly. Many were inebriated and Auraya wished she too could succumb to intoxication. 

Lost in thought, it was only when Selos screamed and started attacking the wall did she realise everyone had been waiting for her to read the outcome. As the poor fellow was dragged away, Auraya stood and with her heart in her mouth, she began:

Mayflower: Thes
Moka: Thes
dspn23: No lynch
ElfLark: Thes
Ozymandius: Thes
Ithilwien: Thes
Halithore: ElfLark
Scorpiain: Bartok
Thes: ElfLark
Aral: ElfLark

At 5 votes to 3, Thes had been condemned by her peers and Auraya nodded to Kilotov. He raised his hammer and Thes died instantly from the blow. Auraya went over to her body and noted that they had killed an innocent. Appalled, her instinct was to pull away but she forced herself to shut the eyes of the dwarf she had considered a friend. As she asked for the pandagods to have mercy on Thes' soul, she noticed a bottle had fallen from Thes' jacket. Examining it, she realised it contained a heavy sleeping draught. It had been Thes who was spiking the drinks in the tavern.

Auraya had a lot to think about on her way home. She decided to stop off at Halithore's residence. He didn't answer when she knocked but the two were old friends so Aura went round the back and let herself into the kitchen. Halithore was laid on the floor, not breathing. His skin had the telling discolouration of mercury poisoning but also, he appeared to have been beaten to death by a fossil. The ammonite markings baffled Auraya. She couldn't understand why someone would go to the trouble of battering their victim having already delivered a fatal dose of poison.. 

Edited by Auraya - 14 Feb 2013 at 16:51
Thes Hunter View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 17:37
The ghost of Thes wafts through the tavern moaning "Post... and vote... don't let me diiiEee in vaAAAiiin...."

Edited by Thes Hunter - 17 Feb 2013 at 17:38
The image in my avatar is a chalk pastel drawing I did as part of the Imagine Yellowstone Art competition.

dspn23 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 18:45
[this is getting to confusing... i don't understand anything guess i'll leave]

WeeAshley View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 01:42
/me waits anxiously for the next game!
Scorpiain View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 17:18
Hamlick was deeply upset by the death of Thes.. another innocent had died.. and it could have been avoided..

Hamlick analysed the votes from the previous round and saw two patterns of who was voting.. distinct sides.. but which one to lend his vote to? He decided to await some of the others who had voted to explain the logic behind their choice.. then he would act on all he heard.. and what he deduced from it!

ElfLark View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 03:35
Forraid had been appalled by the votes against her. True, she was not a member of the community, having only been in the Turalian mines a few weeks. She had felt waves of distrust but they had not seemed unreasonable with the strain of deaths, reanimations, hauntings and misery.

With the votes against her, and only the death of an innocent dwarf saving her, Forraid settled into a blue funk. She could ride out at first light and return to her husband and sons. Would the people come after her? Would running away cast more suspicion on her?

Sitting in her room she had cast runes, prayed to the elements of stone and earth and written her husband a heart letter which she then burned. None of these usually soothing rituals was calming her. 

Where could she turn?
Ozymandius View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 23:08
Selos was back on the streets, focusing all of his meager thoughts on the present, so as to avoid a repeat of the earlier incident. 

ever since he'd been resurrected he'd been seeing half of the world like before, but now he saw much much more. there were spirits flickering everywhere through the town, the ghosts of dwarves many generations past and of those only recently murdered. He could see them, but as they tried to warn him about the assassin all he heard were moans and screams. Their suppressed rage and anger seemed to be focused mainly at certain houses, but for the half-life of him he couldn't remember who they belonged to, who the spirits were accusing.

All he knew was that all would be lost if something didn't change soon.

[Common people, don't let the game die! post and make this more interesting!]
ElfLark View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 05:10
Forraid awoke with a start. She smelled nothing, she heard nothing, and her room was black as an abandoned mine. Still, she knew someone was in the room with her!

She grabbed her axe and leaped to her feet just as a match was struck. The tongue of flame ignited the wick of the candle and the gleam of candlelight captured the rugged face of Hamlick.

"Are you here to kill me? Then prepare to bleed!" she cried.

"I don't know if I can trust you, but I have a sort of plan," he spoke calmly to the frightened dwarf dowager gripping her axe and willing to use it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic