illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Res % buildings/Build to 7 or build to even

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BrianN View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Res % buildings/Build to 7 or build to even
    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 00:00
So, for a while, ive been arguing that its better for newbies to level up their res plots equally while the prevailing wisdom (at least for many newbie guides) is to rush one plot to 7 so that you can build a Res % building (IE Carpentry).

So I decided to work it out mathematically...note that the following figures as based off info from the illy Arcanum.

Process
I figured out the increased production per hour for each level of res plot (WCIS and Food are separate) and the hours necessary to upgrade the res% buildings.

The key is to do different plans and see how much increased production per hour buildtime they took.

So we are gonna work off of a 5-5-5-5-5 res plot...(A res% building will have more power on a 7 res spot than a 3 res spot)

To upgrade all Wood (Or clay/Iron/Stone) plots from 0s to all 5s it takes 2.95 hours to get 225 production.
To upgrade the wood (Or C/I/S) plots to 3s and then rush one to 7 to get a R% Lv2 building it takes 3.48 hours (not counting the research time which makes it cost even more time) to get 169.52 production.

The Results
5-5-5-5-5-0% gives 76.27 production per hour
3-3-3-3-7-2% gives 48.71 production per hour

6-6-6-6-6-0% gives 46.83 production per hour (production is 295)
5-5-5-5-7-5% gives 29.81 production per hour (production is 280.5)

Determination
It is roughly 1.58 times more efficient to go the flat route rather than the '7 then % building' route.
Bill_Cipher View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 14:32
That's actually interesting. Didn't realize people pushed for the percentage building before finishing the res squares. Get them to level twelve then work on the % building if they wanted it.
Let fate chase you not me
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 21:43
Get some prestige and some free 70 van resources. Build the storehouse/warehouse so you don't lose res before you use prestige.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic