illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Really weird Fortune Teller Message

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auraya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Really weird Fortune Teller Message
    Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 16:48
So, I got this message.. telling me to attack another player :P Anyone else have anything like this before? I won't say who it is but said player has permitted an attack, so I guess we'll see what happens! 

Fortune told for your mission from 1. Arctic Pond

Sent By:System
Received By:Iveta [DB]
Date:26 Aug 2015 11:15
Your diplomatic mission from 1. Arctic Pond arrives at [871|633] in Qarosslan

The fortune teller smiles grimly. "So, your troops are looking for a challenge, are they? 

The dead speak. 

And one of the names on their lips is the army 'New Army 2' belonging to Z

Legendary, they call it. Now begone!

Your diplomatic mission is heading home, alternately pondering and dismissing these words of wisdom.
Halcyon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halcyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 16:51
That's actually a generic answer. If I recall correctly it gives you details on one of the ten largest armies in Illy. The owner of that army can then proceed and boast: "I have a Fortune Teller army!"
Also, attacking said army does not result in anything. I believe that in this case the fortune Teller acts as kind of a scout and simply gives intel. Don't think it's part of a quest or mystery.

Edited by Halcyon - 27 Aug 2015 at 16:54
Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auraya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 17:01
Oh really? I've never had it before. I've had a lot of gibberish from her but never anything pointing to an actual player. Good to know though - thanks. 
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 17:45
Sending enough thieves will get you pointed towards someone with a lot of gold or advanced resources.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 18:21
I like to imagine that the developers are using this to test code for faction quests, which may eventually instruct us to attack such armies.  They have not said anything of the sort, but I have a rich fantasy life.
Stukahh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Stukahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 18:45
I agree Rill, something is up.  I just got this from the FT.  I think someone is playing with the code :P

Fortune told for your mission from 1. Terror and Hubris

Sent By:System
Received By:Stukahh (SIN)
Date:26 Aug 2015 11:15
Your diplomatic mission from 1. Terror and Hubris arrives at [871|633] in Qarosslan

The fortune teller smiles grimly. "So, your troops are looking for a challenge, are they? 

The devs speak. 

Play Age of Ascent!   

Legendary MMO, they call it. Now, logon!
I don't always drink. But when I do, I prefer the blood of my enemies.
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 20:44
Hilarious Stukahh. on FT #2

But yeah, i tried working out with a large player to attack his town.. he had troops building 24/7 I died each time.. Now to hear Halcyon say nothing different happens.. I won't again for that either.
"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire
invictusa View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote invictusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 22:37
Try to assasinate the commander of said player's army.  
...and miles to go before I sleep.
jcx View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 10:42
lol - Awesome Stuk!
Disclaimer: The above is jcx|orcboy's personal opinion and is not the opinion or policy of Harmless? [H?] or of the little green men that have been following him all day.

jcx in H? | orcboy in H?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic