Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - RE vs. IRON War Stats
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RE vs. IRON War Stats

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
Author
Hyde View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2017
Status: Offline
Points: 70
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 21:31

Guess I'll try to see if we can get this thread alive again

So there have been several developments since the last post, one of them being the successful merge of Hellfire into the Iron Crusade.
 
We then began the first Iron offensive operation against Rashidi's town of Nikos, with the main plan being to execute a siege train on the city. The siege landed 5th March 10:22 on a plains square. Rashidi had carried out a population drop, dropping the city from 26k to 12k for the start of bombardment. The siege train hit and knocked 7k population off the city. Iron troops then left with minimal casualties.
 
Today, RE attempted a siege on bosch, a new member from the Hell merger. RE set up in a building and we were able to respond to the siege quickly and effectively, exploiting the poor timings. The siege army along with on time arrivals was cleared at 16:30 today by Lord Sunshine, 1h30 after the siege landed.
Back to Top
spektor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Avatar

Joined: 10 May 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 50
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spektor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 22:39
Originally posted by Hyde Hyde wrote:

Guess I'll try to see if we can get this thread alive again

So there have been several developments since the last post, one of them being the successful merge of Hellfire into the Iron Crusade.
 
We then began the first Iron offensive operation against Rashidi's town of Nikos, with the main plan being to execute a siege train on the city. The siege landed 5th March 10:22 on a plains square. Rashidi had carried out a population drop, dropping the city from 26k to 12k for the start of bombardment. The siege train hit and knocked 7k population off the city. Iron troops then left with minimal casualties.
 
Today, RE attempted a siege on bosch, a new member from the Hell merger. RE set up in a building and we were able to respond to the siege quickly and effectively, exploiting the poor timings. The siege army along with on time arrivals was cleared at 16:30 today by Lord Sunshine, 1h30 after the siege landed.


Allow me to correct my compatriot. The siege, which landed on 14:59:54, along with the on-time RE arrivals, was finally destroyed at 15:01:54, by well-timed Iron attacking infantry.


Edited by spektor - 13 Mar 2018 at 22:43
Back to Top
Hyde View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2017
Status: Offline
Points: 70
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 00:54
On the 28th of March, Iron landed a siege on Rashidi's cities in Aindara that kickstarted a week long assault, that resulted in the first razes of the RE-Iron war and Rashidi being uprooted.

It started on 28th 10:11, with myself and Spektor landing a double siege on Zwei, with a siege train planned to be executed as soon as bombardment began. Rashidi reacted harshly to this, using his entire offensive arsenal of 230k fangs and 20k cavalry to break my siege and later hit the blockade (which was established apon bombardment). Once the siege train hit, it was 32 pop off the raze target. This proved that Rashidi's reaction was correct in breaking my siege, as my siege's bombardment would have pushed it over raze pop.

As some RE swiftsteeds started to arrive at Spektor's remaining siege on 29th 00:38, and we saw more RE cavalry inbound, combined
With Rashidi's effective building had easily kept the city away from raze pop - the recall was ordered.

However, the blockade remained with the city around 1,600 pop. We knew that another siege train would toast the city with it being so small, with that factor paired with RE cavalry in motion, the decision was made to turn the armies back around as soon as they returned home.

So on the 31st of March 4:27 Spektor landed another siege on Zwei with a second landing 17:40. As bombardments started, Rashidi made excellent use of a vault to keep building through each bombardment. As he dragged the siege out, we started to get hit by RE t1 cav but continued and held strong. A couple of hours before the end, we got hit with the first t2 cav army of the siege - jaxie's 21k knights. Then finally, after a 44h siege on April 2nd 00:55 ...

Zwei, belonging to Rashidi which was located at -693|-2366 has been razed by Spektor.

But during the Zwei siege we took full opportunity of the confusion and pressure and launched against a second city with a quad siege. So on 1st of April 21:28, I landed 3 sieges and King Sigerius landed 2 around Fermented Elf Wine. This siege took 19h and on April 2nd 16:39...

Fermented Elf Wine, belonging to Rashidi which was located at -704|-2361 has been captured by Hyde. [Now residing as Reclaimed Fine Elven Wine]

At this point Rashidi had begun a full evacuation into Westmarch. So we repeated the quad siege with Spektor's armies taking 18h, and on April 4th 21:31...

Nikos, belonging to Rashidi which was located at -699|-2365 has been razed by Spektor.

A huge commendation to Rashidi for the fight he was able to put up on Zwei and on his blockade breaking to evacuate from Aindara
Back to Top
Ruarc View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Avatar

Joined: 04 Dec 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 46
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 09:19
Thanks for posting that update. I've a couple of questions:
 
You probably can't say, but how many siege engines did you use to drop the population of Rashidi's town of Nikos by 7,000? Lots is my initial guess.
 
We haven't heard much of diplo and magic attacks during the war. Rashidi's towns are so close to IRON's that I'd have thought that both would have been something to remark upon.

What's the current score in terms of razes/captures? By my read of the thread much of the fighting has involved failed sieges on both sides, and a fair amount of cities exoing. I can only see 4 successful sieges from IRON (the ones you just mentioned, plus one on Lotherbac of Loki), and 4 successful sieges from RE/Loki (the ones on Villan). Is that accurate, or are there more?
 
How did the war start? The only thing I can find on the start of the war is a post from the Telegraph saying that RE hadn't provided a reason for the war. Similarly, how will this war end? The war's been going on for around four months now, which I suppose isn't terribly long but is a bit of time. Now that Rashidi is in retreat from Aindara that strikes me (in the absence of any knowledge as to the goals of either side) as a clear victory for IRON.
Back to Top
Hyde View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2017
Status: Offline
Points: 70
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 11:02
Thanks for taking an interest Ruarc!

Nikos' pop upon bombardment was 5,005, meaning a raze pop of 1,251. We set up 5 siege camps on the city each with max cats firing on each camp (30). So each hour 150 were volleying at the city.

And yes for diplo and magic attacks. We had our thief armies constantly running back and forth, draining sieged cities of res. We did use magic in very siege. After every bombardment - starting late Zwei siege - we'd use a "Destorys a portion of res in the city" spell, usually food or clay. Blights like this bypass the vaults protection, which is what eventually lead to the fall of many of his cities.

Between the Iron/ RE war the score is 3 - 0. RE has attempted 5 major sieges that have all been broken. Iron is yet to have a siege operation broken by RE. After Loki merged into SIN, we contacted leadership they said they would not pursue any ex-Hell city inside Aindara, and there has been no action since.

I guess the declaration of war can be boiled down to a "public relations issue". Iron was first built up of ex-TUF, setting up in Aindara near Ppjotr. PK felt his land claim was threatened (as he said... somewhere i forget) as TUF had a anti-LC policy that Iron no longer uphold. PK then declared war without consulting the whole alliance.

This war will end in Iron's favour. RE couldn't wipe us out of Aindara when we were 3 x smaller than them, they wont be able to do it now we are a rank or two higher than them. I guess how long it takes is up to RE.

If any RE member wishes to dicuss individual surrender terms with protection from RE, Iron is open to this idea. We will not contact you with surrender terms unless you contact us.

Message either myself, Spektor, Agalloch or Karl Aegis if you are in RE and wish to do so.

Edited by Hyde - 07 Apr 2018 at 11:04
Back to Top
SPQR View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Avatar

Joined: 27 Dec 2017
Location: New york
Status: Offline
Points: 19
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SPQR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 11:21
Hail,

RE recalls breaking 5 attempts on rashidi by iron so the notion that we have not broken anything is funny at best, Iron lost 5 sieges and over 1 million troops on plains attacking our former isolated player in aindara who has since relocated closer to RE's base.

RE also razed one SPARTAN SITH cities in coanhara who was conveniently kicked before the raze (lol) a forced exodus on Tank towns of bardstown (in aindara). RE to date was and only has been the Alliance on the offensive.

I like how Iron likes to update stats only when it suits them , never the part where 1 player owned iron 5 times over with límited roman cavalry aid that was able to arrive on time

And RE will not surrender we have no reason this is just the beginning lol

Edited by SPQR - 07 Apr 2018 at 11:24
Back to Top
Ruarc View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Avatar

Joined: 04 Dec 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 46
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 12:14
Appreciate the prompt replies!
 
Just to clarify my question on the siege of Rashidi's town of Nikos - I'm curious how many siege engines were involved in the siege train part of the operation. You said earlier last month that,
 
Quote We then began the first Iron offensive operation against Rashidi's town of Nikos, with the main plan being to execute a siege train on the city. The siege landed 5th March 10:22 on a plains square. Rashidi had carried out a population drop, dropping the city from 26k to 12k for the start of bombardment. The siege train hit and knocked 7k population off the city. Iron troops then left with minimal casualties.

It's the bit in bold that has me curious. My understanding of a siege train is that you directly attack a city with siege engines. Each siege engine fires once at the city (I'm unclear how accurate it is, but I have a vague recollection that most will miss), dropping the population without having to set up 12 hours beforehand. Then the siege engines return (or die, depending on the outcome of the attack). So to drop it by 7k you'd presumably need at least 20 hits (400 pop drop from 20 to 19 * 20 = 8k), and probably much more given that Rashidi almost certainly dropped the top few levels off every building during his pop drop.
 
What I don't understand though is if Rashidi dropped the city from 26k to 12k, and then the siege train dropped it from 12k to 5k, why did you only start the siege at 5k? If you had landed the siege first at 12k, and then used the siege engines to drop it to 5k, you'd only be 2k pop off razing the city.

Quote I like how Iron likes to update stats only when it suits them , never the part where 1 player owned iron 5 times over with límited roman cavalry aid that was able to arrive on time  
 
I don't know about anybody else, but I'd love to see more updates from people involved in both sides of the war. As you say, it seems clear that much of the action to date hasn't really been the result of successful sieges but rather combat between troops with neither side - until very recently - seeming to have any luck in forcing a siege through to a successful conclusion. 
 
We're four months into a war between two military alliances which have followed settlement policies of clustering their towns and are within relatively easy reach of each other. I think SPQR (PK?) has a point in that this is really just the end of the initial skirmishing phase of the war where outlying cities are forced back to the safety of their respective homelands. However, does either side have the capability to force the issue with successful sieges in Westmarch (for IRON) or Aindara (for RE)? That's really why the siege train operation is so important, isn't it? There's a better chance of a siege force holding for 12 hours than for a few days. A properly timed clearing and siege engine force could mean a successful raze which is why the specifics of the siege train operation employed against Rashidi's city of Nikos are so interesting.
Back to Top
Hyde View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2017
Status: Offline
Points: 70
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 12:43
Ruarc - I'm sorry i thought you were referring to the successful siege on Nikos a few days ago, which is where the 5k pop figure came from.

For the first attempt, we used around 600 - 650 cats for the train with varying degrees of accuracy - i had some that hit 3, some that hit 10. The city bombardment started at 12k, the siege train hit a few minutes later, dropped the city to 5k pop, and you were correct, we were 2k off raze pop. We had set all troops to occupy for 14 hours as we didnt want to let any RE cav hit us on our first attempt at this. No RE troops hit the sieges.

The regret we had here was not using more cats - we played it too safe as we didnt want to risk Rashidi reinforcing and smashing the clearing cav and all our engines.

I do try to update when somethig major happens such as sieges and siege breaks but i dont really cover small things like player movements and exodus. As for PK and his comments, i will post a response to him shortly with the totals of losses on each side.
Back to Top
Hyde View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2017
Status: Offline
Points: 70
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 13:52
Originally posted by SPQR SPQR wrote:

RE recalls breaking 5 attempts on rashidi by iron so the notion that we have not broken anything is funny at best
,

RE hasn't broken a single siege operation. It was Rashidi who broke a siege on Zwei. As for "5" - you're pulling numbers out of no where. Recalls were because of timing boundaries Iron has set, not because of troops hitting the square. Here is a list of all siege operations against rashidi:

- Nikos (1 siege camp and train, recalled, no RE troops hit)
- Armless (1 siege camp and train, recalled, no RE troops hit)
- Zwei (2 siege camps and train, one broken other recalled)
- Zwei again (2 siege camps, both hit by RE cav but successful)
- Fermented (5 siege camps, no RE troops hit, successful)
- Nikos again (5 siege camps, no RE troops hit, successful)

So, i have no clue where you pulled 5 from. Although, one of the camps on Zwei second time was damaged heavily a few hours before raze but wasnt recalled untill after the raze. You can count that one if you desperately want to.

Originally posted by SPQR SPQR wrote:

Iron lost 5 sieges and over 1 million troops on plains


Again, only 1 or 2 siege armies were lost. And 1 million troops is incorrect. The real figure is around 950k Iron troops and 350k RE troops. Here's some stats for you:
- Rashidi killed 402k troops with his 230k fangs.
- RE T1 cav killed 348k with 141k.
- RE T2 cav killed 200k with 30k.

Are theses losses high? Yes. But we removed a large threat that had been launching sieges 100 squares away from us. The forced exo means that he will take 1-2 months rebuilding to get back to where he was. Iron doesn't regret the loses.

I am unsure how RE can laugh at us losing 950k troops for 3 sucessful sieges, when RE and Rashidi have lost millions trying to raze Karl Aegis or Spektor.

Originally posted by SPQR SPQR wrote:

We also razed one SPARTAN SITH cities in coanhara who was conveniently kicked before the raze (lol) a forced exodus on Tank towns of bardstown (in aindara).


SPARTAN SITH hadn't been online around the time of the siege being launched or landing, so I had a discussion with him when he was online. We both agreed that it would be best for him to part with Iron. Being in Iron requires all members to be active and play active roles, which SPARTAN couldnt afford to do. SPARTAN left, was not kicked, and we both are on good terms with each other. Ask him if you wish. As for bardstown, you are correct i forgot about that one.

Originally posted by SPQR SPQR wrote:

RE to date was and only has been the Alliance on the offensive.


We just executed a successful offensive and will continue to. Not sure how RE is the only alliance on the offensive.

Originally posted by SPQR SPQR wrote:

And RE will not surrender we have no reason this is just the beginning lol


You've spewed this so many times now, "Just the beginning". In 4 months we've started to burn cities and have grown larger than RE, when are you going to 'start'?

Hopefully your next offensive will be like your last and be in 1min
Back to Top
SPQR View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Avatar

Joined: 27 Dec 2017
Location: New york
Status: Offline
Points: 19
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SPQR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 14:37
Originally posted by Ruarc Ruarc wrote:

Appreciate the prompt replies!
 
Just to clarify my question on the siege of Rashidi's town of Nikos - I'm curious how many siege engines were involved in the siege train part of the operation. You said earlier last month that,
 
Quote We then began the first Iron offensive operation against Rashidi's town of Nikos, with the main plan being to execute a siege train on the city. The siege landed 5th March 10:22 on a plains square. Rashidi had carried out a population drop, dropping the city from 26k to 12k for the start of bombardment. The siege train hit and knocked 7k population off the city. Iron troops then left with minimal casualties.

It's the bit in bold that has me curious. My understanding of a siege train is that you directly attack a city with siege engines. Each siege engine fires once at the city (I'm unclear how accurate it is, but I have a vague recollection that most will miss), dropping the population without having to set up 12 hours beforehand. Then the siege engines return (or die, depending on the outcome of the attack). So to drop it by 7k you'd presumably need at least 20 hits (400 pop drop from 20 to 19 * 20 = 8k), and probably much more given that Rashidi almost certainly dropped the top few levels off every building during his pop drop.
 
What I don't understand though is if Rashidi dropped the city from 26k to 12k, and then the siege train dropped it from 12k to 5k, why did you only start the siege at 5k? If you had landed the siege first at 12k, and then used the siege engines to drop it to 5k, you'd only be 2k pop off razing the city.

Quote I like how Iron likes to update stats only when it suits them , never the part where 1 player owned iron 5 times over with límited roman cavalry aid that was able to arrive on time  
 
I don't know about anybody else, but I'd love to see more updates from people involved in both sides of the war. As you say, it seems clear that much of the action to date hasn't really been the result of successful sieges but rather combat between troops with neither side - until very recently - seeming to have any luck in forcing a siege through to a successful conclusion. 
 
We're four months into a war between two military alliances which have followed settlement policies of clustering their towns and are within relatively easy reach of each other. I think SPQR (PK?) has a point in that this is really just the end of the initial skirmishing phase of the war where outlying cities are forced back to the safety of their respective homelands. However, does either side have the capability to force the issue with successful sieges in Westmarch (for IRON) or Aindara (for RE)? That's really why the siege train operation is so important, isn't it? There's a better chance of a siege force holding for 12 hours than for a few days. A properly timed clearing and siege engine force could mean a successful raze which is why the specifics of the siege train operation employed against Rashidi's city of Nikos are so interesting.
 
SPQR is an official RE account made to represent the alliance in the forums not for personal use such as trolling.   Rashidi reduced the Populations of his own town from 12k to 5k in order to reduce the raze population target to stretch out the siege and that tactic allowed him to kill multiple Iron sieges that were launched against him.  Iron had such a hard time targeting an isolated member and think they can demand a surrender from RE when they have only targeted isolated towns within the roman empire during the whole war including harassing and targeting new players that were in Elgea during the early stages of the war.
 
Many people think the reduction in population and members is a sign that Rome is loosing and that is utter gossip, A lot of members who left were asked to leave and some were kicked out of the alliance as we would rather be a small active group rather than keep large inactive or many accounts in the alliance to give the false illusion of power.   And also usually we don`t respond to Irons propaganda because we know what`s going on and only our allies and parties in respect really need any information regarding the war.
 
We also want to make it clear no other parties are to get involved any 3rd parties who wishes to involve itself in Rome`s war will face the CNBL Clap 


Edited by SPQR - 07 Apr 2018 at 14:38
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.