Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - RE vs. IRON War Stats
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RE vs. IRON War Stats

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
Author
jtk310 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Avatar

Joined: 05 Jun 2012
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 35
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtk310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 13:10
I don't think he meant you've moved in this war. I believe he meant that as a broad concept, moving cities is still useful even if you are distinguised as a leader. He is saying that since the city was in a bad position, it makes sense to fight somewhere else. If your enemy is set up to defeat you with their attack due to poor positioning, repositioning may be the right choice. The armies could be wasted on a poor position and maybe win or could be used in a position which is more favorable and have a better shot. That's all I think he was trying to say

Edited by jtk310 - 13 May 2018 at 13:11
Back to Top
Hyde View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2017
Status: Offline
Points: 62
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 14:33
Originally posted by jtk310 jtk310 wrote:

If your enemy is set up to defeat you with their attack due to poor positioning, repositioning may be the right choice. The armies could be wasted on a poor position and maybe win or could be used in a position which is more favorable and have a better shot.

I fully understand the reasoning behind the exodus. My reason for frowning upon it was due to my thoughts on leaders exoing (as I outlined previously), also because this would have been the first siege against RE in their homeland for years; I was excited to see the response. Seeing our armies going home barely touched was a big anti climax.

Edited by Hyde - 13 May 2018 at 14:36
Back to Top
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster


Joined: 20 Jan 2017
Location: Fellandire
Status: Offline
Points: 660
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 14:54
Originally posted by Hyde Hyde wrote:

In this war no member of Iron leadership have moved a city due to an incoming siege.

A statement which conveniently ignores that Iron members have moved cities due to incoming sieges in other wars, and also that many Iron players have removed cities under fire before they were part of Iron. Even Agalloch has moved vulnerable cities.

The only reason you're trolling RE on the forums is because it's the only thing you have left to do. They accepted the small defeat of an exodus rather than suffer the major defeat of losing big armies on bad terms. Even if RE had broken a siege on poor terrain, that's a losing strategy in the long term.

If the city had multiple vulnerable tiles, then either your plan or your execution were lacking. That's the leadership aspect I would critique in this situation. Not the side who made the obviously correct strategic move.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Back to Top
Dessembrae View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster


Joined: 21 Sep 2017
Status: Offline
Points: 33
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dessembrae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 15:04
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:



The only reason you're trolling RE on the forums is because it's the only thing you have left to do. 
  
BINGO!
We have a winner!
Back to Top
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster


Joined: 20 Jan 2017
Location: Fellandire
Status: Offline
Points: 660
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 20:26
Dessembrae, regardless of whether his accusation was unfounded, it was still a minor defeat for RE. Nobody gets a ticker tape parade for getting forced off a bad position by the enemy.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Back to Top
Hyde View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2017
Status: Offline
Points: 62
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 20:47
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

Originally posted by Hyde Hyde wrote:

In this war no member of Iron leadership have moved a city due to an incoming siege.

A statement which conveniently ignores that Iron members have moved cities due to incoming sieges in other wars, and also that many Iron players have removed cities under fire before they were part of Iron.

My argument was about leadership exoing and you asked about Iron leaders exoing, not sure why you now mention members.

Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

Even Agalloch has moved vulnerable cities.

Aga never exo'd away from a siege while he was the leader of TUF. If you are referring to him exoing Tool while he was in aesir away from sieges, then that also misses my point - Tool was not in aesir leadership. As for any Iron leaders moving away from sieges, it hasn't happened. The only times leaders have exo'd cities was when I moved out of the noob ring, Spektor moved out of Clarien while he had direct attacks and blockades incoming, no sieges. Karl did exo out of elgea during the Dlords war but I believe the majority was after peace terms and not with incoming sieges. Also back then he wasn't in TUF leadership.

Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

either your plan or your execution were lacking. That's the leadership aspect I would critique in this situation. Not the side who made the obviously correct strategic move.

Mistakes or a good opponent are a better teacher than anything, most of our leadership's military experience was built this way leading us to be constantly evolving and perfecting strategies.

As for the exodus being the obvious correct strategic move, RE had other options. If jaxie had proved her military skill and played it well, doing things I shall not mention at this time, then it would have been the exciting battle I was hoping for. It could not have ended in an unfavourable battle for RE you seem to think it would have been.

Edited by Hyde - 13 May 2018 at 20:47
Back to Top
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster


Joined: 20 Jan 2017
Location: Fellandire
Status: Offline
Points: 660
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 22:35
Rather than talking in abstract terms, perhaps you could just post the city's original coordinates so we can all have a look.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Back to Top
SPQR View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Avatar

Joined: 27 Dec 2017
Location: New york
Status: Offline
Points: 18
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SPQR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 00:34
Jaxie needs only the approval of the membership not iron you are simply angry over jaxie being smart and moving her city which is back and running again. It would have been an idiotic move to keep the town on bad terrain while the city itself is on plains making it vulnerable to clearing cavalry armies.

You will get the fight you want when you don't go after cheap shot targets until that time continue crying on the forums.

As for armour he is simply a troll account along with humulus he was giving the option to exodus yet joined iron soon after. For the small scale independent operations on them if you want to make it bigger than it was it's fine.

We know what's going on and don't feel the need to jump on the trolling train in gc or the forums in order to gain support
Back to Top
spektor View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Avatar

Joined: 10 May 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 30
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spektor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 02:59
Originally posted by SPQR SPQR wrote:

You will get the fight you want when you don't go after cheap shot targets until that time continue crying on the forums.

By this implied definition, every major siege you've tried to land on us was a 'cheap shot'.



Originally posted by SPQR SPQR wrote:

As for armour he is simply a troll account 

It's not true just because you say it.
Back to Top
Dessembrae View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster


Joined: 21 Sep 2017
Status: Offline
Points: 33
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dessembrae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 15:27
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

Dessembrae, regardless of whether his accusation was unfounded, it was still a minor defeat for RE. Nobody gets a ticker tape parade for getting forced off a bad position by the enemy.

Dude lighten up a little and pull that stick out, I agreed with you he is trolling cause he has nothing else to do and then you make it seem like i am celebrating a minor exo? Maybe you should stick to your sites articles on warfare ( which are excellent) instead of being asinine in the forums.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.